What does your family think about shooting?

If I didnt move out, my father wouldn't have allowed me to have any weapons in the house. He never had a permit of any kind and never went to a range. Wife needs more range time to be comfortable. Work in progress there.

looking back at the first posts in this thread seems we had a more balanced population back in 08.

I learned to shoot at the MIT range when I was a kid back in the early 70s (my father, a prof there, signed me up). Mother-unit is neither pro nor anti.

Brother-in-law is a retired cop and certified gun nut (works part time in a gun shop in SC to subsidize his habit). D*ckhead keeps sending me photos of new toys EOPS says I can’t have.

Wife has her LTC interview in a couple of weeks.

R

when I was 14 my parents turned the den into a dining room, the gun cabinet had to go. The only logical place was my bedroom, ammo and all. The only thing my father told me was if he yells to me in the middle of the night I better come down stairs armed. Better times back then.

This happened to me too at one point, same age, but it was a walk-in closet and one of our safes lol

Holy necrothread, Batman!

Well... 10 years later. AFAIK, my EX-wife is probably still anti-gun or at most, apathetic to them.

My WIFE, on the other hand... We met at an Appleseed Shoot, became shootin' buddies during our weekly range trips to Harvard Sportsman's Club and managed to fall in love as I was in the process of getting a divorce.

As old-timers on NES know, I proposed by getting down on one knee and opening up that big blue Colt box and presenting her with a Colt Officer's ACP (the ring on the chain is her wedding ring). The engagement ring? ON the Colt. Look just behind the ejection port. :)

So now it's 2019. Luv2BFree (my wife is a NESer, too!) runs the background checks when we have tables at gun shows and is the other name on my FFL. We have a range in the yard. This year was our fifth wedding anniversary, and it was a Sig anniversary. She gave me a P365 and I gave her a P938. (I think this Christmas there's probably going to be a Ruger Wrangler under the tree for her.)

OTOH... nephew and his wife gave me back the 10/22's I'd made up for them when their twin sons were born, telling me that they were afraid the kids would find them and play with them. :( Personally, I think it's his wife that was the driving force for this, as she's never gotten over her 16 year old nephew committing suicide with a handgun. :(

20140520_063441.jpg

When I was a much younger man, & someone asked me how many weapons I had, I would tell them I can’t answer that, because of the response I get back from the asker of the question. i would tell them people get upset
so they would continue to prod, till I give a response............
I guess it was more guns than they thought anyone should have
& they would be upset I had so many. 😡

so now I don’t have any guns 💪

My girlfriend is the liberal from outer space (which makes for some hilarious conversations that help me familiarize myself with the couch. Like, a lot) she doesn't like guns. And I do my very best to not give a f*** and ignore the shitfit every time I buy a new gun or the UPS truck drops off more good stuff. Works like a charm.

My mom, could care less what I do. ( In a good sense), My dad could care less what I do.(In a good sense), My older bro is a pro- bass player and tours often and works odd jobs when not touring. He could care less. My younger brother works all day and takes care of his 7 year old and 5month old and could care less. My girl's parents both have LTC's but dont carry. To make a long story short. No one cares what i do.

I care.

Growing up in a place where you couldn’t own guns yet all the criminals had my family was against guns. Most had shot guns but that was it . I’m the first to really get into shooting though. They all think I’m crazy for having such an assortment of rifles and ammo but they keep any negative comments to them selfs and get rewarded with range days😅

So what was Mexico like back then?
From what I was told it wasn’t too bad , There’s always been people you would avoid at all cost, but if you didn’t mess with anyone no one would mess with you( guns are everywhere but ammo is scarce still is a couple years ago we went hunting and payed 5 dollars a round of 308.) The problem with all the violence you have now is you have hundreds of young-ins trying to prove them selfs , gangs starting up everyday and just as many of them getting killed daily( this mostly in big populated areas) my family has always farmed and raised cattle so we live in the middle of no where far from the city’s

I am Alabama born and raised, redneck and proudly so. My wife, Jill, is Canadian-born and Cajun-raised in Louisiana. Firearms are a lifestyle for us. Our daughters, 7 year old little Jill and 5 year old Lexi are learning about firearms firsthand. Little Jill has her first .22 rifle and Lexi has her sister's hand me down BB gun.

Last edited:
My girlfriend is the liberal from outer space (which makes for some hilarious conversations that help me familiarize myself with the couch. Like, a lot) she doesn't like guns. And I do my very best to not give a f*** and ignore the shitfit every time I buy a new gun or the UPS truck drops off more good stuff. Works like a charm.

I am thinking she must have talents and attributes that make you forget all about her extraterrestrial liberal views. And that you have a comfortable couch.

I’m thinking $ucker
But it’s for the cause
Hopefully they will find more recruits for me, for US !
It’s all good
Thanks for the support:cool:

I’m thinking $ucker
But it’s for the cause
Hopefully they will find more recruits for me, for US !
It’s all good
Thanks for the support:cool:

This made me think. I think I am going to pick up a bunch of gift cards for "learn to shoot" packages at AFS and MFS. They are only $40 bucks and include time with an instructor and live fire. Better than DD gift cards or scratch tickets.

I am thinking she must have talents and attributes that make you forget all about her extraterrestrial liberal views. And that you have a comfortable couch.

Why does the phrase "suck-start a Harley" spring to my mind?

My son now gives me advice about better grouping. (He's an adult now)

Twigg-man!! Good to see you posting! How are you, man?

Back
Top Bottom