what does WTS/WTT stand for in the classifieds?

Yes DTOM537. It was real. A real "duh", forehead-slapping moment after the first post. Tell you what. You reach 70 and see if you're still so quick on the uptake.

C'mon ladies and gents. Give the new guy a break without busting his nuts.

I know some of us use and know these terms without batting an eye lash, but I'll be first to admit, that I've gone to some other type of forums and damn, some of their acronyms were just extremely foreign to me. So, you either use a search engine or just ask. It's not hard to answer his question. Damn, it's not like he was asking how to build a SBR in Massachusetts.

Want To Sell/ Want To Trade
See, this is extremely a polite way to answer without judgement. Nice job PP

Jay

Last edited:
had a friend text DTF to every female name in my contact list cousins, sisters, aunts, friends, wife........ good times. still have my phone set for swipe to open
What did you do to him to get even?

Just use the search function and read a lot. There is plenty of info on the site and every question has been answered a dozen times.

My daughter ended a text to her mother with TTYL.

We were riding in the car and Mrs. Flare asked me what it meant.

“I have no idea. Type it in and do a search.”

She typed it in.

“Talk to you later.” She said. “I had no idea you could just put in letters like that and get an answer.”

“You learn something every day.”

(This happened last Sunday.)

Not to worry Byron Jacobs, I'm not up to speed with a lot of what is posted here as far as acronyms.

Keep asking questions. You're helping more than just yourself...

And a hearty "Welcome" to NES!
~Enbloc

You reach 70 and see if you're still so quick on the uptake.
well now, lets keep age out of this, shall we....and enjoy the fact that every once in a while someone shows up here and i don't feel like the dumbest turd on the site anymore. [laugh]

welcome mr. jacobs, you just went through your baptism of fire and took it like a man!

C'mon ladies and gents. Give the new guy a break without busting his nuts.

I know some of us use and know these terms without batting an eye lash, but I'll be first to admit, that I've gone to some other type of forums and damn, some of their acronyms were just extremely foreign to me. So, you either use a search engine or just ask. It's not hard to answer his question. Damn, it's not like he was asking how to build a SBR in Massachusetts.

See, this is extremely a polite way to answer without judgement. Nice job PP

Jay

What are some other commonly used acronyms here on NES?

FIFY = fixed it for you
BAFO = best and final offer
PSGWSP = play stupid games win stupid prizes

I'm sure you guys can suggest some more. Here's a really big list:

Huge List of Texting & Chat Abbreviations - Webopedia

I constantly can't remember all of the tla's (three letter acronyms) that are floating out there.
I have googled TLDR like nine times because I keep forgetting what the hell it stands for.
Hang in there Byron... don't let the comedians get to you. :)

Back
Top Bottom