• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What does this election mean for gun owners?

DMX

What does this mean for us, what changes do you guys think we'll see in Massachusetts if any?

Trickle down justice starting at the Federal level then applying to states. It will take some time however as a new justice needs to be appointed followed up by who ever retires next.

It means that we're more likely to get a favorable Supreme Court Justice to replace Scalia and at least maintain our rights. Maybe down the road we can get some of the ridiculous laws stricken down.

It means that we're more likely to get a favorable Supreme Court Justice to replace Scalia and at least maintain our rights. Maybe down the road we can get some of the ridiculous laws stricken down.

This, with the extremely slim possibility of a national concealed carry law.

Yup. Ideal would be if one of the liberal Justices retired or otherwise left and also needed to be replaced. Would give a nice buffer. Some of them are in their 80s, so it is a real chance.

Ginsburg isn't young... there is the possibility of another appointment to the bench in the next 4 years. That could also help with 2A items.

^this

it means trump should be able to appoint at minimum one judge to replace scalia. i think he will most likely appoint 3 or 4 judges in the next 4 years. the older judges are aged 83, 80 and 78. had HRC won this would have been a possible death sentence to freedom in this country.

Yup. Ideal would be if one of the liberal Justices retired or otherwise left and also needed to be replaced. Would give a nice buffer. Some of them are in their 80s, so it is a real chance.

RBG looks like she's about ready to kick it. Wouldn't be surprised if she stepped down within the next few years. Breyer's getting up there, too.

It means we have hope.

We need to organize better to send mailings to our elected Officials on a regular basis.

Remind them they work for us or we will vote them out.

Everyone who says its a lost cause needs to change their tune and then bring one or two voters to our side.

I did it this election and I will continue. My wife used to vote the Democratic line now she votes based on who's running.

Don't give up and give them hell.

RBG looks like she's about ready to kick it. Wouldn't be surprised if she stepped down within the next few years. Breyer's getting up there, too.

didn't she say she was leaving the country if trump was elected? along with katie perry, oprah, dennis rodman and lady gaga, [laugh] oh man, don't let the door hit you on the way out, ruthie.

It means no federal laws or regulations will get worse in the short run. And when court cases start winding their way up to the supreme court in a few years, the justice(s) Trump gets to appoint will make the difference. So while little or nothing will change for us locally right now, in the long run last night was a very big deal.

Heller and McDonald survive, and will eventually be applied in Massachusetts, resulting in the repeal of the entire "Assault Weapons Ban", as AR-15s are "firearms in common usage," and cannot be banned under these two rulings.

It may mean quite a bit in terms of what potential BS won't happen.

It means now at least there is hope for positive change.

What does this mean for us, what changes do you guys think we'll see in Massachusetts if any?

Absolutely ****ing none. Maybe if the court gets repaired properly you might get some SCOTUS action in 5 years. Possibly Maybe. Nothing to jump up and down about though.

For gun owners it mainly means that the prices of shit won't go bonkers, at least until some wackjob shoots up another school or something.

-Mike

Heller and McDonald survive, and will eventually be applied in Massachusetts, resulting in the repeal of the entire "Assault Weapons Ban", as AR-15s are "firearms in common usage," and cannot be banned under these two rulings.

We always hear of the losses we take and the things taken from us like the assault weapons ban but we never hear of any wins...

Is there really any chance the assault weapons ban will be reversed? We have these things taken from us so easily but when it comes to things happening in our favor i see nothing... I just don't understand this stuff.

It means only that the slippery slope may get a bit less slippery for a while. RBG and her aged colleagues will hang on like grim death before they retire an allow Trump to replace them.

Ginsburg isn't young... there is the possibility of another appointment to the bench in the next 4 years. That could also help with 2A items.

Well some Hollywood douche's voted for Hillary just so we lose our guns.

douche_zpso4w8apsg.jpg

Last edited:
It means only that the slippery slope may get a bit less slippery for a while. RBG and her aged colleagues will hang on like grim death before they retire an allow Trump to replace them.

Death has it's own time table.
There is a good chance he gets to appoint at least two, possibly three if he does a good job and gets a second term.
It may over time mean more to our kids than us , but I'm good with that too.

Oh man, don't get my hopes up. This would be a God send...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Is there really any chance the assault weapons ban will be reversed? We have these things taken from us so easily but when it comes to things happening in our favor i see nothing... I just don't understand this stuff.

You are in good company. It becomes really easy to understand once you realize that none of this is logical and/or equitable.

It means no federal laws or regulations will get worse in the short run. And when court cases start winding their way up to the supreme court in a few years, the justice(s) Trump gets to appoint will make the difference. So while little or nothing will change for us locally right now, in the long run last night was a very big deal.

Not just the Supreme Court. Trump will be able to nominate federal judges to the district and appeals courts as well so we don't have back to back liberals packing all levels of the federal courts.

Back
Top Bottom