What do you use??

This got me to thinking. I was ordering some shaving supplies and my buddies were giving me a hard time. Hell, they have been giving me a hard time for some time now about this.

I've been using soap and brush since my grandfather tought me to shave when I was a kid. I've been using Col. Conk's Lime soap for sometime. I just love it, I just never could use stuff in a can.

And, I still use a double edged Razor. I got a new one not too long ago. A Murker Futur. But I found that it just shaves a lot better than other refill razors. I've used the Mach 3, the M3 Power, etc... But I just keep coming back to my good ole "Safety Razor."

So, I was wondering if I'm really the only person that still uses this.

I mean, there are a lot of people here that like old guns, so I figured that maybe this croud will still use the good ole razors.

I don't use a "safety" but if I could find one for hubby, he probably would. My dad used to use one (cup, soap and brush) until he got laid up in bed, then he went with an electric - it was easier for him to use.

C-pher said:

I mean, there are a lot of people here that like old guns, so I figured that maybe this croud will still use the good ole razors.

Shave? You're joking, right? My bare chin hasn't been seen for 20 years... my upper lip for 29. (there was a period when I wore a Fu Manchu but no beard)

I do use an electric to trim my cheeks, though.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
C-pher said:

Shave? You're joking, right? My bare chin hasn't been seen for 20 years... my upper lip for 29. (there was a period when I wore a Fu Manchu but no beard)

I do use an electric to trim my cheeks, though.

Ross

ZZTOP ?

well shit i'm 25 and i still can't grow a full beard. No hairy genes in my family. Sorry C-pher can't help ya too much here. But I do use a mach 3 or brauns electric to get rid of what I do get.

I tend to use a Mach 3 power and good ol Barbasol in the can. Although I razor shave my head as well, so I need something with a little more oompf to get the job done. I can't use an electric, for some reason the rip my face all apart.

Adam

Remington electric (3 headed), unless I haven't shaved in a few days, then Barbasol and Shick Disposables. Takes 2 or 3 disposables to shave my face after 3 or 4 days growth, and I don't shave the mustache.

TYPEO1313, I'm jealous.

Nickle said:
Remington electric (3 headed), unless I haven't shaved in a few days, then Barbasol and Shick Disposables. Takes 2 or 3 disposables to shave my face after 3 or 4 days growth, and I don't shave the mustache.

TYPEO1313, I'm jealous.

LIKEWISE

Had a beard since '89 & a mustache since it started growing. But to shave around evrything I use an Atra that I've had for 20+ years and water. Unless we're going to something special then I'll use some gel shaving cream. (I think that's also gillette)

I'm real lazy: I use my beard trimmer to trim my neckline and cheeks, and not all that often. I generally have a beard in fall-spring and a goatee in summer. I've got a good, long goatee going on right now (second time, actually...I shaved it close for the ex-girlfriend and then grew it back when we split up, hehehe). I get a lot of ZZ Top comments.

I'd love hubby to grow a beard,he can't stand them. He has tried,but he eventually ends up shaving it off. He's had the mustache forever now. It would be too weird for him not to have it.

MrsWildweasel said:
I'd love hubby to grow a beard,he can't stand them. He has tried,but he eventually ends up shaving it off. He's had the mustache forever now. It would be too weird for him not to have it.

Kath has seen pix of me without my beard (IE, age 16 or younger) and with only my Fu Manchu (age 22-25) and has basically informed me that if I ever want a divorce, all I have to do is shave my beard. :D She prefers me furry. :D :D

Ross

Back
Top Bottom