• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you use?

So I have a bunch of UZI mags that are pretty "gritty", so I was gonna take em apart, and clean the piss out of em. I'm wondering what to use to lube em back up and make sure the springs run smooth in em. What do you all use?

I've heard the powdered lubricant stuff works better then oil most times because it doesn't build up dirt.

powdered? Never heard of it. I would say that's the biggest problem I have right now, you can feel the sand and dirt in them.

The best mag lube I've ever used is this dry film stuff called Jigaloo. I use it on all of mags after cleaning them out. Metal or plastic works fantastically.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

For most of my magazine, after they get gritty, I use a very soapy bath and a brush to get all the dirt and sand out.

Then I spray them down with WD-40. I have taken to buying the gallon cans and refilling a spray bottle. This is done only to make sure all the water is removed.

I follow this with a good wipe down with what ever old tee shirts etc I am using for rags.

Finally I throw a silicone cloth over the mag brush and run it through a couple times, then reassemble.

just watch out with soapy water it can rust steel pretty fast depending on the type of detergent used.
you can just flush/scrub them with pure distilled water. distilled water does not corrode steel nearly as fast as tap or spring water.

then blow dry or bake them to get rid of all moisture an dip in the wd-40. hang it up to let excess oil drip down overnight and then wipe outside with rag. preferably the one that doesn't leave loose threads behind. if you let them hang for a week or two you won't even have to wipe them. keep inside wet with oil. wd-40 thickens overtime into heavy film which retains lubrication properties.

Metal mags:

spray with green clean, scrub with tooth brush or test tube brush (long tubular brush) and warm water

dry with hair dryer

spray with dry lube (teflon in a can)

no oil, no grease, it attracts dirt

WD-40 and a piece of terrycloth rag, no lube when reassembling.

There is plenty of room for the springs and the followers polish themselves to the inside of the mag, they don't need lubrication. You will never fire enough ammo through an Uzi mag to wear it out. The only way they become unserviceable is dents and bending and that takes alot of mistreatment to do.

The Uzi mag is probably the most reliable magazine ever built, equal to or better than the metal AK magazine because the surfaces are smaller and less prone to denting. I've never had a jam in either of them.

If you just have to have lube, I'd use a dry graphite type. There is one that has the graphite in a liquid suspension, used for weapons lube.

KROIL. Wash it down, wipe it off. Shot the shit out of it. KROIL is my go to when Mobile 1 doesn't apply. That's everything but AR's. AR's douse them in Mobile 1 and run 'em wet. KROIL for everything else except Glocks. Pour sand in them and shoot the shit out of them. Maybe a little GLUBE on the rails, like every 10 years or so.

Back
Top Bottom