• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you use for just a quick wipedown of your firearms

StevieP

NES Member
Bored, waiting out the hurricane that's not coming, stupid question of the day:

Everyone talks about cleaning, etc. Take down, clean, lube, and re-assembly of the insides...

After cleaning the barrel, action, bolt, etc. and applying your grease, or lube/oil, what do you use on the exterior?

Or what about just a general wipe down for say, an AR-15 w/ stainless barrel, or a polymer pistol, stainless 1911, etc. in-between cleanings.

CLP, silicone impregnated rag or Remington moisture guard.

The last I use when I plan to store them for a while, or in a foam lined case.

I use a little Ballistol on a rag. I think the fact that you're wiping down the gun is much more important than what you use.

I use a product called Sheath (birchwood-Casey sprayed on a piece of sheepskin as a rust preventative. It is not a multipurpose cleaner, lubricant, protectant. It was designed from the ground up to prevent rust.

91010_400.jpg

Bored, waiting out the hurricane that's not coming, stupid question of the day:

Everyone talks about cleaning, etc. Take down, clean, lube, and re-assembly of the insides...

After cleaning the barrel, action, bolt, etc. and applying your grease, or lube/oil, what do you use on the exterior?

Or what about just a general wipe down for say, an AR-15 w/ stainless barrel, or a polymer pistol, stainless 1911, etc. in-between cleanings.

Huh?

...People clean their firearms?

In all seriousness I will probably start doing this when I get an AR/AK

Back
Top Bottom