• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you think it is worth.

I have a HK USP compact .45 with a Stainless steel slide and night sites with the LEM Trigger. I am thinking about a trading it in for a Kimber CDP 4". I was just wondering what you guys think I should ask for my USP. I value the opinions of those on this site. Thanks guys.

Since most of us are in MA, where a standard USP .45c is often sold at $8-900, our views are rather skewed on those guns!

My only advice is to check gunsamerica, gunbroker, etc. and see what they are asking/getting for them in "free states".

LenS said:
My only advice is to check gunsamerica, gunbroker, etc. and see what they are asking/getting for them in "free states".

While MA is Definetly a crappy place to live as far as gun ownership, NY is not far behind. At least you guys can have some full capacity mags, mine have to be nearly 12 years old.

03roushs1 said:
While MA is Definetly a crappy place to live as far as gun ownership, NY is not far behind. At least you guys can have some full capacity mags, mine have to be nearly 12 years old.

Ditto for us; Mags over 10 rnds must be preban 94

LenS said:
03, we can, but only "old mags".

Old beat down, left fully loaded, mags.[sad2] Which reminds me... is it legal to buy old pre ban magazines and change springs? If so maybe someone could post some info on best resources for buying pre ban Mass compliant mags. I had 2 people come up to me today at the Big E show and ask me if I knew where to get pre ban Glock mags because I had my Glock t shirt on.

Unlike BATFE, which made the rules clear on the mag ban . . . they allowed you to replace ANY part, as long as you didn't create an additional hi-cap mag. MGLs are mute about what you can/can't do and it will take a court test case to maybe clarify what is legal and what isn't.

Best guess is that internal parts should be replaceable. Glock will sometimes do that (I'm unsure if they will do it to old mags or not, a call will get you an answer). If not, places like Topglock.com, Brownells and maybe Midway sell the internal parts for replacement. Wolff springs are always a good bet.

Sources of pre-ban mags:

- Well there is some confusion on what exactly is pre-ban. I have info from some trusted sources that indicates that the pictures we've all seen are NOT the definitive answer. On the other hand, Glock-US doesn't know all the minor changes (and implementation dates) that Glock-Austria did and they can't get a straight answer out of the HQ either!

- That said, the most sure thing is buying them from folks on glocktalk.com, ar15.com, etc. I have purchased a bunch of pre-ban G17 mags and all came as NFML U-channel genuine pre-bans.

Because this is MA!

And anything not explicitly allowed in law is sometimes assumed (by LE and judges) to be illegal! Sick but true! [sad] [puke2]

I can't imagine it's against the law to fix a pre ban mag.
I could imagine someone saying that they first needed to "fix" the spring. Then "fix" the baseplate. Then "fix" the follower. Then "fix" the body. See where that is going?

USP Compact worth

According to my Blue Book of Gun Values a H&K USP Compact 45 with stainless slide is worth $775.00 in 100% condition, $615.00 in 98% condition, and $510.00 in 95% condition. No mention of any additional for night sights, although on a full size, it adds $102.00 if it has tritium night sights. Don't expect to get close to these numbers if you trade it in. It you sell it on Gunbroker.com, you might get close to its true value.

Back
Top Bottom