• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you think is the best Ma Compliant Muzzle Break for an AR15?

i just had a comp put on at jojo's gunsmithing in southington, ct that they make them selves its mass legal and its awesome there is absolutly no muzzle rise they pinned it and everything they did a real good job it was about 150 bucks

For an inexpensive comp. try a Stag Comp. from Stag Arms, around $8.00 (Identical to the Miculik (sp?) comp. very functional.
I have found the Phantom comp./brake from YHM to be very good.
Virtually eliminates flash and does a great job as a comp.
Unfortunately if it is on a post ban rifle it needs to be permanently attached-either soldered or pinned.
There are 2 styles - 1 with a cut end for breaching and the other rounded / flush for no snag... The breaching one is pretty cool!!!

muzzleb.gif

I was thinking about going with #8 on this list. I'm pretty sure they can install it when I order the complete parts kit so I don't have to get it done myself. I'm not a fan of the spiky look but standard muzle brakes just look dumb to me (but not as dumb as a naked barrel)

Yeah, I picked one up for my AR build and the photos do not do this brake justice...It really is a nicely made brake and has a "Liberal pee your pants look" which doesn't hurt either... [wink]

Im going to be ordering one to put on my rra upper but first i need to take the crappy one they put on. I wanted a complete upper with a threaded barrel so i could put it on myself but they wont ship an upper with a threaded barrel to mass i guess i should have done a little more research before i ordered my upper ohh well

Im going to be ordering one to put on my rra upper but first i need to take the crappy one they put on. I wanted a complete upper with a threaded barrel so i could put it on myself but they wont ship an upper with a threaded barrel to mass i guess i should have done a little more research before i ordered my upper ohh well

If it's not in transit already, call them and have them hold onto it and ship them the Troy brake....Just a thought.

I've been talking to Jon at Anvil Arms about my NES upper build and he only has one option for a MA Compliant muzzle break. It's OK, but I'm sure there are ones out there that are much better.

If you had your choice, what muzzle break would you put on an M4 carbine AR-15?

Yes, this is a shameless attempt to find something good without having to do a bunch of internet surfing. [smile]

My Stag upper has a decent looking one...

DCP_1004a.jpg

If it's not in transit already, call them and have them hold onto it and ship them the Troy brake....Just a thought.

i already tried that one but thay said thay dont use that manufacturer and if i did it my self or had some one do it, it would void the Warranty oh well ill just wait and do it myself im at 8 weeks now wait time

Back
Top Bottom