• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you think about this trade? AR15's

What do you guys think?

I want a pre-ban AR15 with collapsible stock, 16in barrel, lug and flash. (CQC style)

This guy has a pre-ban 1988-ish Bushmaster AR15 with collapsible stock, 16 in barrel, lug and flash asking $1600, but will take my AR in trade plus $.

I have this pre-ban Colt sporter match HBAR ser# MH03#### (large pin w/ trigger block), A2 stock, 20 in barrel, flash, but no lug, paid $1500.

Colt vs Bushmaster?
Do I make a trade, if so, what would be fair?
Do I keep what I have and buy the upper and stock?
Do I just straight-up buy it because it is that cool and keep my Colt too?

I have to meet the guy tomorrow morning at 10am if anything is going to happen.
Your thoughts are appreciated.

I have this pre-ban Colt sporter match HBAR ser# MH03#### (large pin w/ trigger block), A2 stock, 20 in barrel, flash, but no lug, paid $1500.

Keep the Colt and find a pre ban Colt upper in the configuration you want.

If you can afford to purchase it, Buy it. I don't think you'll find anyone going to talk you out of buying a pre ban Ar15

Last edited:
I wouldn't trade my colt for a bushmaster. I'm with Koas166. Keep the colt and find a m4 style upper and you will be good to go.

I'd straight up buy it. Your rifle is worth more than his straight up so there's no way you should be adding cash on the deal.

Buy the BM outright if you want it, but don't trade the Colt as part of the deal. The Colt is more desirable.

You could get a collapsible stock for your Colt and a quality upper (Colt/BCM/LMT/Noveske in no particular order).

Back
Top Bottom