• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you think about this guy's BoB?

Is this dude's BoB legit or poser?

• Total voters

jasons

NES Life Member
NES Member
These threads are always fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen much worse bags than that. Other than multiples I wouldn't bother with, I don't see too much wrong with it.

As always what you put in a BOB depends completely on what you believe it will be needed/used for. IMO if you're going to keep a rifle in your bag, you're thinking there's a chance you'll need to kill a bunch of people. For that he's gonna be really sorry that he only has 2 mags.

I've seen much worse bags than that. Other than multiples I wouldn't bother with, I don't see too much wrong with it.

As always what you put in a BOB depends completely on what you believe it will be needed/used for. IMO if you're going to keep a rifle in your bag, you're thinking there's a chance you'll need to kill a bunch of people. For that he's gonna be really sorry that he only has 2 mags.

one confrontation and shit im out of ammo

one confrontation and shit im out of ammo

Yup. Think of how long two mags takes you at the range.

Now imagine you're in a firefight and you might die. Lots of missing is going to take place and two mags are going empty real quick.

For that alone I went poser, ignoring his shameless plugging of tacticool survival products.

Last edited:
I have certainly seen a lot worse. He does have some good points and as he said everyone is different and you have to take your situation into account.

So while I would do a few things differently, and I very much disagree with some of his other videos, this is not bad advice wise.

Seems well thought out, went with legit but my idea of a BoB is a little different. Sons of Anarchy shirt was almost an immediate disqualifier though.

Eh some good points. Check eberlestock prices though they're quite high. Even though the pack itself is cool I'd prefer to use a regular backpack I already have

A bug-out bag is a portable kit that contains the items one would require to survive for seventy-two hours when evacuating from a disaster. The focus is on evacuation, rather than long-term survival, distinguishing the bug-out bag from a survival kit, a boating or aviation emergency kit, or a fixed-site disaster supplies kit. The kits are also popular in the survivalism subculture.

The primary purpose of a bug-out bag is to allow one to evacuate quickly if a disaster should strike. It is therefore prudent to gather all of the materials and supplies that might be required to do this into a single place, such as a bag or a few storage containers. The recommendation that a bug-out bag contain enough supplies for seventy-two hours arises from advice from organizations responsible for disaster relief and management that it may take them up to seventy-two hours to reach people affected by a disaster and offer help. The bag's contents may vary according to the region of the user, as someone evacuating from the path of a hurricane may have different supplies from someone one who lives in an area prone to tornadoes or wildfires.

In addition to allowing one to survive a disaster evacuation, a bug-out bag may also be utilized when sheltering in place as a response to emergencies such as house fires, blackouts, tornadoes, and other severe natural disasters.

i don't know the guy or much about him, so i don't have any preconception that hurts objectively evaluating his BOB advice.
However, I noticed that his list is very much like mine. I would actually add few things to my BOB after watching his video and perhaps remove few things.

60 rounds of .223 not enough? then you better aim and take careful shots. ammo IS heavy one filled 30-rd mag is one pound. there is only so much of that stuff you can put in before it starts really wearing you out.

also it depends on what your destination is going to be. if you are going through deep wilderness trying to get to your cabin in the mountains then you won't need as much ammo as to say trying to evacuate on foot from Chicago. but then again walking out of urban locals calls for different set of necessities then for back country.

I really like the fact that he's got 3 different sources of fire is an excellent idea BTW. I also carry magnifying glass and fire-steel in the pack. matches and lighters both get lost, falling out of the pocket in the tall grass, running out of fuel. Having multiple sources is a good thing. Fire in the survival scenario is one of the most important things to be able to survive. people generally underestimate it's importance.

Last edited:
To fill you in he arguably was a coward under fire as a contractor which may or may not have resulted in the deaths of fellow contractors which he then tried to capitalize on. He also thumps his chest and talks a lot of crap, and has demonstrated a lack of common sense around firearms.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

This guy offered me nothing.

I noticed retail labels on stuff and a complete lack of dings, scuffs or pine needles. That bag has never left his house , which means he has never actually tried it out.

( Surefire batteries ? SO " last year " , all the cool kids are going LED & triple A. )

Back
Top Bottom