WHAT DO YOU HATE THE MOST ABOUT COLT 1911s YES EVEN THE OLDER SERIES 70 GUNS ?????

…don’t hold back, man.

Let it all out.

roy.jpg

"I've seen things you people wouldnt believe

guns going full auto at a pin shoot
parts falling off guns during another
barrels with lugs being rounded off by the slide
hammers following, galore
misaligned checkering, on the front strap
guns.....
stuck open during shooting!
for no reason

all those failures

will be lost in time

like brass, ejected into the woods "

I don't agree with the argument that the military dumped the 1911 because it was a POS. Recruits are kids who often know nothing about guns and the 1911 is NOT a beginner's gun. Would you use a racing car to teach a kid how to drive? The military needs something as simple as possible. Ease of operation is more important than performance. Yes many competition shooters use the 1911 but they're not beginners.

I suspect there's 2 main reasons why it was replaced with the M9. 9x19 and the fact that the M9, for all its many flaws, is probably the easiest pistol to take down in mass production.

So it has the caliber that the West is moving to and it's retardedly easy to clean.

My favorite 1911 was made by South Americans, from a WW11 German Battleship. Paid $250 for it 35 years ago. Has NEVER had a blip, unless the web of your hand bleeding counts. I guess you could call it...1911 hand? Ejercito Argentino!

This, plus ammo standardization, plus the fact that pistols just aren’t very important to the Army, when all’s said and done.
I can't see price being an issue for the actual unit. It's not like they are ordering a lot of pistols frequently and when they do the cost is trivial compared to other shit the military buys.

View attachment 593283

"I've seen things you people wouldnt believe

guns going full auto at a pin shoot
parts falling off guns during another
barrels with lugs being rounded off by the slide
hammers following, galore
misaligned checkering, on the front strap
guns.....
stuck open during shooting!
for no reason

all those failures

will be lost in time

like brass, ejected into the woods "

That's some heavy sh*t, bro.

Solid.

I dig the free-form verse.

Do you have anything in haiku?

I have two problems with 1911:
  • Some genius thought that it's a good idea to make 1911 in 22LR, 9MM, 10MM, 40MM, and every other damn caliber under the sun! 45ACP is the ONLY appropriate caliber for 1911! ...
Word.
f4e5e6a7ed86eee1ffb8be1caeccd226.jpg

^^^ Ya I would be 100% more wary of an old guy with a 1911 then some young Nancy boy with his plastic fantastic.
Curb your enthusiasm.
After all, Clint carries in Condition Two; how fudd is that?
giphy.gif

Hickok45 does that two-fisted stuff almost as well as Autumn.

I cant reach the mag release with my short thumbs
ddb.jpg

My old Team Sergeant used to say his rule of thumb regarding pistols, he was talking about the M1911 here, is that they should be considered no more accurate than a thrown baseball. Most people can't reliably hit a man sized target beyond 10-15 feet with a baseball, especially when they are scared (or their target is whipping baseballs back) and similarly most people have no business engaging a target with a pistol beyond those ranges either.
LOL that's why I like a heavy snub nose revolver. After I empty the cylinder and cause the bad guy to piss his pants, if I need to do any real damage I'll be throwing it.

IMHO the most "complicated" thing about a 1911 is that the guy or lady who built your given gun needed to know what the f*** they were doing when they fitted it.

That is actually an art, like a gunsmith art. And even if I can tell a gun is f***ed up, I still don't have the expertise to properly fix it. But I can tell a friend to go "This gun feels
wrong, you need to have a smith who knows what theyre doing fix it" .

It is this critical stage, this fitment of parts, plus, mating it with appropriate magazines that also are not junk, that literally determine the functional fate of a given
1911. Wether it runs or fails or is going to be a f***ing disaster. ( Well that and sometimes, quality of parts. one problem on lots of skinflint guns like say, a Taurus 1911, is that the parts used are f***ing garbage).

IMHO a 1911 will never be the most reliable platform. It just isnt possible, the design doesnt allow for it. HOWEVER- most of the shit people experience/complain with these guns is because theres a f***ing GIGANTIC number of guns on cheap end of the spectrum that are just dumped on the public, bad. OR theres a ton of WECSOG a**h***s running around ruining perfectly good 1911s. Like when you go to a USPSA match and you see some poor lady in SS or whatever get DQed because her gun goes BANG when the slide closed while doing an LAMR, you know that some inbred f***stick retard a**h*** (probably her husband?) has probably messed with the trigger in her gun. Now granted, I have seen this same kind of mental retardation with Glocks as well but its expressed differently. [rofl] and thankfully those people dont have the time to f*** up all of the glocks lol

But heres like the cycle of malaise:

SOME GUY who is getting his first 1911 flints hard buys some used shitty USGI repro 1911 (lets face facts, a lot of the AO repro guns were poorly built) then gets it, gun jams constantly, never runs right, etc. Sends it back. They fix it "a little" but not all the issues, so it runs a little better but is still basically shit.

SOME GUY: "all 1911s are trash!!!!!!!" [rofl]

and on and on and on

And when you have f***stick companies like Taurus and Remington (well, at the time) cranking out thousands of PT1911s and R1s, basically flooding the market with
trash, and a bunch of (insert other skinflint vendors here) or even S&W on a "bad month" QC wise, now you have a market where.... like 30% of the 1911s entering the
market are gutter trash. Oh and when sig first rolled out the GSR... TRASH! Thats going to have an influence on perceptions of the platform, that is hard to work around.

Oh lets also not forget brands like PARA ORDNANCE which basically mustve had a machine that was capable of taking a turd and casting it into a handgun, much like a Hi Point.

Or maybe you are one of those poor bastards with the 9000 S&W Scandium commanders or 5" guns where the shitty MIM plunger tube posts sheared right off the gun? Thankfully most of the time if anyone was paying attention they would catch it before both posts sheard and the whole tube fell off.

Also you haven't lived until you pick up an S&W 1911 e series and have the right side safety lever fall off in your hands because nobody bothered to fit it properly.

The platform does NOT lend itself to being manufactured by fools. And then the customer always pays the price.

It also does not help matters that when 1911s fail its not always a HARD failure. But they will often fail in a very non-linear manner. "I fired 120 rounds out of it today and it only jammed once" well, welcome to RANDO 1911 land. Thats exactly the kind of shit a just-on-the-edge-of-proper fitted gun will do to you. It will make you think it is normal, and then, PUNCH YOU IN THE RECTUM. thankfully none of my 1911s do shit like that, but I have had some in the past did exactly that

See Also:
IM LOOKING AT YOU, KRAPBER, with your f***ing BENT f***ING frame. [rofl] Like who really let that out of the factory? REALLY?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMWsO_-X7Y

My new all-time favorite NES quote:

Thats exactly the kind of shit a just-on-the-edge-of-proper fitted gun will do to you. It will make you think it is normal, and then, PUNCH YOU IN THE RECTUM.

There are some guns that are just iconic. They are classics, and even if there are modern alternatives, they are still awesome.
Colt 1911
Winchester 94
Thompson with a drum mag
S&W Model 29
Colt 1911
M1 Garand
Colt SAA
Browning BAR
Winchester 1897
Browning M2
S&W Model 19
Winchester Model 70
Colt 1911
Real gun guy guns.

There are some guns that are just iconic. They are classics, and even if there are modern alternatives, they are still awesome.
Colt 1911
Winchester 94
Thompson with a drum mag
S&W Model 29
Colt 1911
M1 Garand
Colt SAA
Browning BAR
Winchester 1897
Browning M2
S&W Model 19
Winchester Model 70
Colt 1911
Real gun guy guns.
Please define "real gun guy."

I must have slept through 9 world wars...
"Sistema Colts were made from forged steel and will be just as long-lived and reliable as their Hartford counterparts. The German, British, and Swedish steel used in their manufacture was the best available. They are regarded as 100% Colt pistols, "Fully USGI," according to one opinion, "in fit, finish, form, and function." The myth that some Sistemas were made from the Graf Spee, a German warship scuttled at Argentina during World War II, is just that – a myth."

Then hurry home to smoke a dick.

As of 2010, the US Army estimated that about seven percent of its service members were homosexual.

That number is probably higher now, given the shift in culture and policies. It was assuredly higher during times of the draft.

But let's say it's seven percent... That is not a huge number by any means, but it is statistically significant.

fencer, should you pass by a veterans cemetery, visit Arlington National, Normandy, or any other of the many sacred places where US Army war dead are buried, I hope you do not feel the same level of contempt for "the seven percent" that you have exhibited here.

fencer, should you pass by a veterans cemetery, visit Arlington National, Normandy, or any other of the many sacred places where US Army war dead are buried, I hope you do not feel the same level of contempt for "the seven percent" that you have exhibited here.
Well, when I went into the Marine Corps homosexuality was still a dis qualifier, and you were asked. I will grant you that there have always been gay men and women in the military, but they enlisted fraudulently. However, to your point, when I have visited my fathers grave in Bourne or my brothers in Sarasota, I have never once given a single thought to the percentage of gay people interred, because it does not matter to me, but obviously it does to you.

Now, you may not appreciate my suggestion that a guy that drives a Prius and eats tofu, might be gay, but truth be told, the chances are better than average. I also understand that your post was an attempt to make me feel guilty for my comment or ashamed of myself for not being more sympathetic towards gay men, and had nothing to do with the military, but I am not.
Some people were raised to believe that homosexuality is a sin and unnatural, and to try to make us, not just accept it, but condone it, is far more offensive than a Prius joke. I hope when you visit Arlington you don't feel the same level of contempt for those of us who were raised this way. You know, the other 93% of us.

1911s in general? Old, shitty stupid f***img swinging link bullshit design. Stupid f***ing staked plunger tubes. USGI sights = worst sights ever put on a handgun, "Controlled Feed" translation = gun jams if everything isn't perfect. Stupid f***ing internal design. The looks, ergonomics and trigger are what make it absolutely iconic, rest of it is a horror show/dumpster fire. The problem is as an archetype nothing comes close on the first three terms. Which is why i still like 1911s even though they're fundamentally a piece of shit. It's the gun equivalent of a drop dead 25 yr old redhead with nice tits and ass but turns into a f***ing psychopath if shes not on her "meds". Thats what a 1911 is.
I'm... Not sure whether ..... You. I. Um. Redhead?

I've only gotten to shoot three. One was found in a wall of a garage after the person's grandfather passed away (note was left in will to find it) was his from WWI. Shot great, but suffered in improper storage for 60+ years.

The other two, both were made by an armorur on his last few years of life. Unfortunately, his skill, hands and eyes had begun a deep decline and neither really ran. He would love the description. His brace of 1911s were probably more brunette, but definitely bat-crazy and smoke shows.

I want to get a 70series some day soon. Probably a CMP find. Tis the right thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom