• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you consider "good" prices for ammo?

I have only been looking and paying attention for a few weeks now but I found some 9mm FMJ ammo for about $0.32 a round today (after MA tax). Best I have seen. What say you fellow shooters of NES?
I would be interested in thoughts on other calibers too. Does anyone have a ceiling where they won't buy ammo if its above a certain price point? Or grab as much as possible once it hits some low point?

ill buy if its less than .50 per round for target ammo. I havent bought any defensive ammo in a while. can't justify spending $35+ for a box of 20 rounds that im hopefully never going to shoot.

It's all relative, I suppose, to what you've experienced in the past. I've only been shooting for a few years & have some Walmart Federal and wwb I know I spent $20 / 100 for and also spent up to $28 at a lgs for the same thing, all pre-Newtown. I haven't shot much of what I have, because I couldn't replace it & don't relish the idea of paying double. Sigh...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

It's all relative, I suppose, to what you've experienced in the past. I've only been shooting for a few years & have some Walmart Federal and wwb I know I spent $20 / 100 for and also spent up to $28 at a lgs for the same thing, all pre-Newtown. I haven't shot much of what I have, because I couldn't replace it & don't relish the idea of paying double. Sigh...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
The pre-retard prices are out there but few and far between.

complete neWb to 9mm I'm paying $15 per 50 or 30 cents per at the big green box everyone here loves to hate.

Paid $5 more at the local gun shop but I don't mind contributing to the local guy.

I really would hate to hear how cheap it used to be.

I've got a brick of 22lr a friend gave to me, I presume its from the 80's/90's, tag says $16.00 on it

9mm has had a pretty wide range from what I've seen lately. A couple weeks ago I bought some brown bear lacquered steel case for about 13$/50, but yesterday I bought some for 25$/50. Granted, I only bought one box of that and it was just because I wanted to do it in nh...otherwise I would have passed. Anyway, I've seen it pretty consistently for about 15$ per box. A little pricey but not too bad I would say.

9mm has had a pretty wide range from what I've seen lately. A couple weeks ago I bought some brown bear lacquered steel case for about 13$/50, but yesterday I bought some for 25$/50. Granted, I only bought one box of that and it was just because I wanted to do it in nh...otherwise I would have passed. Anyway, I've seen it pretty consistently for about 15$ per box. A little pricey but not too bad I would say.

$15 is not bad for 9mm, $25? No way. .22 is all over the map but with luck and patience can be found for $35ish a brick(CCI).

9mm? Federal 100pks for $18.97, I should have bought pallets of it when I saw it at Walmart last year. [sad2]

I've been buying for two months now and just figured these 100 packs were the equivalent of mythical unicorns. Finally I found three at Walmart going for $25.. Winchester

I just bought 1000 rds in 9mm for about $300 after taxes. $0.30 per round. How did I do? I figured if I paid a little too much, I would make it up in fuel savings from driving around looking for ammo.

Riley's had 9mm 50 rounds for $12 today - Blazer 115gr FMJ aluminum (I don't reload).
4 box limit.

Consider reloading... even buying at inflated prices I'm making 9mm for ~ $6.50 / 50rns.

I would consider a "good price" for 9mm at ~ $10/50rns... of course it's been a year since this was reality.

Good Price.. Huum
2001 - Walmart used to sell the 100 round value packs of .45 ACP for 19.99. Used to just walk in and pick up a couple boxes before i attended the bowling ping shoot in SRGC. Fair price, no stock problems - all fun.

Since then nothing seems like a good price.

Been trying to shoot highpower rifle this year. There is nothing for match grade 69 or great grain HPBT ammo. Never mind the price being $1 a round if i ever find the crap.

Been seriously looking at getting a rock chucker so i can grow my own. However i am late to that party as it seems powder and primers are the unicorns now.

Now a days I am pleased with:
(Decent quality range ammo)

9mm : .25c per round
22LR : 4.5c per round
223/556: 40c per round

All Walmart prices, just need to be borh patient and persistent!

$8.98 or $9.98 per 100 rds of 9mm WWB, Fed, Rem!!

Those were the prices from ChinaMart and Dickless back circa 2004-2006ish! It didn't pay to reload 9mm back then due to the low cost of ammo from these two sources.

$8.98 or $9.98 per 100 rds of 9mm WWB, Fed, Rem!!

Those were the prices from ChinaMart and Dickless back circa 2004-2006ish! It didn't pay to reload 9mm back then due to the low cost of ammo from these two sources.

You could get UMC 9mm at Dick's (not just our name, it's how we do business) for $6.98 per 5o round box. I bought a lot of it back then, but it's almost gone.

I was buying .45acp, wherever and whatever, at $24.50 - $26.50 / 50.
I recently lucked into Winchester 100rd valupacks at wallyworld for $40.70ish (all pre-tax.)
I'd love to see $19.99/100.

Back
Top Bottom