• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you collect?

Took me 6 weeks to get my C&R. WGA (the place in the link) will send you an antique receiver M39 with a copy of your driver's license because they are pre 1895 receivers. Just log it in your book when your C&R gets there.
I'm sure someone on here will know the legality of this, but i'm pretty sure its on the level.

Pre 1898 is an antique according to the law. You do not even have to have a license to buy it. All you need to do is send him a copy of your drivers license showing him you are old enough to own an antique firearm. I believe it is 18.

It's called pre-1898, but the actual date is in 1898. Regardless of what model Mosin Nagant you have, if it's a hex receiver, check for the date (on the bottom of the receiver). My M24 Rifle is an 1895 receiver, rebuilt by the Finn's, therefore not a "firearm" in the eyes of the ATF..

I collect anything I can get my grubby hands on!

I'm new to owning firarms, so right now I'm not even in a point where Direction factors into it.

I DO have a soft spot for ANYTHING made (or based on somthing) by John Moses Browning, or anything commie-made.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

What do you collect

i am like W-Beard i collect just about everything but i do love the milsurps
but i do try to have a representation of every U.S. conflict at present i have from1864 Springfield through the latest folly i am one of the Viet nam
Folly bubba,s the only one i need is for the Spanish-American War thats
the 30-40 Krag but i do enjoy an afternoon with a 8-mm Mauser or an
Arasaka or one of my Nagants (Russian or Finn)or even a thrown down
once Carcano, i love my K31.s Swiss,s and speaking of Nagants i do have
a question for Bolt-Man if he is reading this, i use .308 Bullets in my M-39
Finn that i hand load, but have used surplus ammo in my outher two
Russian guns that i believe is of 311dia? have you heard that the bore dia.
in the finn gun,s is smaller in Dia. Appreciate any comments

Thanks Sheriff Dudley
S.A.S.S. 17925

Re: What do you collect

sheriff dudley said:
i am like W-Beard i collect just about everything but i do love the milsurps
but i do try to have a representation of every U.S. conflict at present i have from1864 Springfield through the latest folly i am one of the Viet nam
Folly bubba,s the only one i need is for the Spanish-American War thats
the 30-40 Krag but i do enjoy an afternoon with a 8-mm Mauser or an
Arasaka or one of my Nagants (Russian or Finn)or even a thrown down
once Carcano, i love my K31.s Swiss,s and speaking of Nagants i do have
a question for Bolt-Man if he is reading this, i use .308 Bullets in my M-39
Finn that i hand load, but have used surplus ammo in my outher two
Russian guns that i believe is of 311dia? have you heard that the bore dia.
in the finn gun,s is smaller in Dia. Appreciate any comments

Thanks Sheriff Dudley
S.A.S.S. 17925

You need to use standard .310 mosin ammo in your M39. The M28/30 is the one that you need to slug the bore on as they were made with a .3082 bore. Most of them have been worn to .310 during the war and afterwards. I've only seen a few that are still .3082.

i have a small collection of misc military stuff.

so far i have a gas mask that was from vietnam? (i think),a army/navy edition bible that belonged to someone from here in manchester(he enlisted back in 1918,i also have a pair of russian military pants(wool),plus i have a bunch of other small stuff like belts,and old holster,several duffle bags,ruck sack from my brother in-law.

to many small things to mention,let alone remember

and for my newest piece(waiting on delivery) in this-http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=235062 [twisted]

(maybe i'll mount it to my wagon [wink] )

what do we collect?

well Beretta i dont know about anyone else but i think that is very COOL
i happen to have somthing simmiler a Training Bazooka round and its about19 or 20 inches tall i have it sitting on top of my reloading cabinet
in between two pineaple granades and i did just pick up a WW2 Nazzi
gas mask in the round can container/with strap. for my soninlaws collection
i gave it to him for x-mass thats the kind of stuff he collects, also he likes
military head gear, like thay say (differant Strokes for differant folks)
keep having fun thats the name of the game
Take Care
Sheriff Dudley S.A.S.S. 17925

oh i also have these-

boomball.jpg

what we collect

that Grenade has a willy-peter spoon on it, also the body is that color to,
so it must be W/P. that will (light up your life) also KOOL stuff

Take Care Sheriff Dudley
S.A.S.S. 17925

Pilgrim, I'm guessing you mean you'll label the bayonets when you have the rifles to put them on. No.1 Mk3 Enfield's are all over the Marlboro show, but finding a good Cetme is hard these days. :? I'm not sure what the bayonet in the upper left picture is off. That one has me stumped.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Pilgrim, I'm guessing you mean you'll label the bayonets when you have the rifles to put them on. No.1 Mk3 Enfield's are all over the Marlboro show, but finding a good Cetme is hard these days. :? I'm not sure what the bayonet in the upper left picture is off. That one has me stumped.

The UL one is for my M1 Garand, but it has a Danish(Norwegin?) sheath.

I have a NR4 Mark 1 Enfield with bayonet but I forgot to but the bayo in the picture.

The only bayo I have without a gun is a CETME.

what we collect

Very nice collection Pilgrim i have alot simmiler item,s in mine BUT one
that i had on two occasions! was the CETME that it sounds like you are looking for, well i hope you have better luck than i had!! or you will find
that the bayonet you have for that is far more accurate than the rifles
that thay fit, i would like to find a nice KRAG! i see you have two thay are
getting scarce and the prices are up there! so im hopeing to find an
unsuspecting little old widow with one(cheap) yea-right!! again nice collection!! oh also Mill4 me i like your concept of (get a bayonet and
then get the rifle to put it on!!) Kool idea!!
by the way there are quite a few CETME rifles for sale at Kittery Trading Post here is the web sight just click on (used guns) and have a ball there
are over 2200 of them ( www.kitterytradingpost.com ) TAKE CARE
Sheriff Dudley
S.A.S.S #17925

The thing about Cetme rifles is that you never know what you're buying until you shoot it. I've heard about people having some that were accurate, reliable, and a joy to shoot. Then theres people like the guy I know that had one that kept having feeding/extraction problems, and couldn't get it to group at all.
I've heard of people taking rough grit compound and slathering the inside of the receiver with it, working the bolt time and time againt until the edges are smooth and the parts are worn in just to get then to cycle right.
I'll stick with my Romak3 any day before I gamble on a Cetme.
Now show me a nice Hakim, or SVT 40 in my price range and i'll be tempted. :D

Re: what we collect

sheriff dudley said:
Very nice collection Pilgrim i have alot simmiler item,s in mine BUT one that i had on two occasions! was the CETME that it sounds like you are looking for, well i hope you have better luck than i had!! or you will find that the bayonet you have for that is far more accurate than the rifles that thay fit, i would like to find a nice KRAG! i see you have two thay are getting scarce and the prices are up there! so im hopeing to find an unsuspecting little old widow with one(cheap) yea-right!! again nice collection!! oh also Mill4 me i like your concept of (get a bayonet and then get the rifle to put it on!!) Kool idea!!
by the way there are quite a few CETME rifles for sale at Kittery Trading Post here is the web sight just click on (used guns) and have a ball there
are over 2200 of them ( www.kitterytradingpost.com ) TAKE CARE
Sheriff Dudley
S.A.S.S #17925

I'm looking for a nice 03 Springfield with finger grooved stock and a M1a in military configuration either of which I would give up one Krag for.

what we collect

Pilgrim i wish i had what your looking for, i sure am wishing for a Krag
its the only one i need to finnish off my U.S. Mill collection that would
take care of the Spanish American war, i have Civil war to Date minus
S/A war i do have two 1903,s one Springfield,one Remington. as matter
of fact my Remington left Mass at 0400Hrs today with a friend of mine
who is bringing it to me here in Daytona, i was going to bring it with me
but forgot to put it in with the outher guns that i did bring with me, i had
one of my soninlaw,s open one of my safes to get it and was on my cell phone while he was opening it up he asked if he could (clean a few) for
me, yea right!! he is a gun nut to!! so i told him there clean and im not
dead yet so you are going to have to wait!! i load for everything i shoot
and shoot everything i own, including my 1864 Springfield Musket but
that one only once a year if i get the urge to shoot the 58s i have Repro,s
TAKE CARE
Sheriff Dudley S.A.S.S. #17925

Do any of you subscribe to Empire Arms' list? I got today's and it had lots of nice rifles I would have grabbed if I had the cash. Always something interesting and diferent that you don't find anywhere else. You get an E Mail when one comes up. Heres the E Mail I received today.

<<Here are several dozen more rifles, primarily from a single large
collection we purchased earlier this month. Quality is very high and
there is quite a bit of variety.

http://www.empirearms.com - URL REMOVED BY LENS-MOD (Dennis has threatened people who have posted his sale URLs anywhere that he would drop them from his eList). Anyone interested must register on his website - his rules!

We hope to do another list (or maybe even two) later this week. . .

Enjoy and GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!

Dennis & Desiree Kroh, owners
EMPIRE ARMS
to order email [email protected] >>

WoooHoooo

i got it,it was delivered today-)

missile.jpg
[/img]
19" tall and must weigh about 8-9lbs

Oh it's cool (and kinda heavier then i thought it would be)

edit-swapped link out for pic

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Didn't know about Dennis' policy concerning the e mail list, thanks for editing it for me Lens.

You are welcome. Dennis is a great guy to buy from, but you don't want to find out that policy from him directly! He gets downright nasty about it. Someone posted the URL to the C&R FFL eList a few years ago and he was totally bent out of shape over it. Although I wasn't involved in the incident, it left a lasting impression! :(

Back
Top Bottom