• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do you carry for defensive ammo?

DMX

Critical Defense in a M&Pc? Federal HST in a Vp9?

9fcad1a320a40f239717f1a041b4b05c.jpg

f022533e5abd94d92e4e770f54b09e8e.jpg

Last edited:
Good old 115gr ball. The same hand loads I train with.

If you're carrying a pistol, it's not the bullet you're using, it's where it hits and how many hits you get.

Always wanted to get some Speer Gold Dot for short barrels, can't seem to find it reliably enough to get comfortable with shooting it. So Hornady CD.

I carry critical duty a lot as well as IWI mil surp jhps, and a few other random jhps that I pick up for a good price. I also like winchester 147g jhps as I like my accuracy better with the heavier 9 rounds.

I'm really not that picky, I empty my carry mags every now and then, and replace them with mags that haven't been chock full and in and out of pocket/holster/pressed up against my sweaty backside for the last month or so.

10rds of Federal HST 124g standard pressure in my Walther P99c and 15rds of Speer Gold Dots 124g +P in my backup mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

who sells the HSTs in the 50 box LE packaging? All I see are the 25 round boxes of Federal "personal defense" at insane $1.25 to $1.50 a round cost.

Federal HST /thread

- - - Updated - - -

who sells the HSTs in the 50 box LE packaging? All I see are the 25 round boxes of Federal "personal defense" at insane $1.25 to $1.50 a round cost.

I only find it online. but around 50 cents a round typically i memory serves me right.

147 standard pressure are on sale $400 shipped for a case. no they wont ship to mass

Depends on the gun. I like Federal Hydra Shoks in my .38 LCR. In my 9mm's I've liked Hornady Critical Duty.

9mm either 124gr Gold Dot +P, 147gr Gold Dot, or 124gr Federal HST +P

.380 only Underwood 90gr xtreme penetrator +P

Federal HST, Golden Saber, Hornady Critical Duty, 9mm various weights.

I really should settle down to one so I get used to a specific recoil profile.

10rds of Federal HST 124g standard pressure in my Walther P99c QA. 15rds of Speer Gold Dots 124g +P in my backup mag.
9aab565049ced1fdef9e0b5da329d928.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a couple boxes of Hornady Critical Defense in my safe that I bought on sale, but my go to edc ammo is Liberty Civil Defense 9mm +P JHP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom