• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do they mean when the say:

"You can buy a gun on the internet without a background check"?

The only thing I can think of is finding an in-state buyer on the internet and then purchase face to face???

That about it, going to craigs list and then meeting up with someone. Its just anouther lie that SOUNDS true and scary (after all anyone can buy anything online). Well, I guess you CAN buy a firearm online shipped direct to your house if you have a C&R FFL or getting a CMP rifle... but in both cases a background check is done (at least one was done before you got your FFL)

The only thing I can think of is finding an in-state buyer on the internet and then purchase face to face???

Tremendously uninformed - to be kind - but sop for the grabbers.

Lying pos's to be real.

They see an ad for a gun on the internet and make the incorrect assumption that if you send the money the gun gets shipped to your doorstep. They either don't read the fine print about using an FFL or they just don't give a damn because it doesn't suit their agenda.

guys, in theory this IS something that happens.

Say BogHog lists a gun here in the classifieds (I said BogHog because I know he lives in NH)...another NH resident wants to buy this gun and they meet up and exchange money and go their separate ways.
They just bought and sold a gun over the internet...

Now he can't sell it to someone he believes to be a prohibited person, and the buyer can't be a prohibited person (and if he was he committed a crime in the process of the purchase)

While I lived in Colorado, I would routinely buy/sell guns with others through local forums/craigslist/ and sites like armslist. If selling I would ALWAYS ask to see a drivers license (to insure that they were a resident of CO) and I would ALWAYS ask if "there is ANY reason that they would be considered a legally prohibited person and that they are in fact purchasing the gun for themselves and not performing a straw purchase". I walked away from one sale and refused to sell because he said he was buying from me because he couldn't from a gun store....I think he was trying to be funny, but it wasn't worth the risk to me

Now the internet sale the antis are talking about aren't necessarily these, but they want to regulate these as well.

In Mass, this is not an issue, because you can only sell to another holder of an LTC and fill out an (e)FA-10, but in "free states" there are not always background checks

guys, in theory this IS something that happens.

Say BogHog lists a gun here in the classifieds (I said BogHog because I know he lives in NH)...another NH resident wants to buy this gun and they meet up and exchange money and go their separate ways.
They just bought and sold a gun over the internet...

Now he can't sell it to someone he believes to be a prohibited person, and the buyer can't be a prohibited person (and if he was he committed a crime in the process of the purchase)

While I lived in Colorado, I would routinely buy/sell guns with others through local forums/craigslist/ and sites like armslist. If selling I would ALWAYS ask to see a drivers license (to insure that they were a resident of CO) and I would ALWAYS ask if "there is ANY reason that they would be considered a legally prohibited person and that they are in fact purchasing the gun for themselves and not performing a straw purchase". I walked away from one sale and refused to sell because he said he was buying from me because he couldn't from a gun store....I think he was trying to be funny, but it wasn't worth the risk to me

Now the internet sale the antis are talking about aren't necessarily these, but they want to regulate these as well.

In Mass, this is not an issue, because you can only sell to another holder of an LTC and fill out an (e)FA-10, but in "free states" there are not always background checks

The only way to make mandatory check laws workable is to know who has a gun , who is buying a gun , and how many everyone has. Anything else is in enforceable and voluntary.

Can anyone think of a term for a database of firearms possession recording transfers between non criminal citizens ?

The only way to make mandatory check laws workable is to know who has a gun , who is buying a gun , and how many everyone has. Anything else is in enforceable and voluntary.

Can anyone think of a term for a database of firearms possession recording transfers between non criminal citizens ?

Exactly, it's a trap.

Time for politicians to focus on the real issue: high capacity pressure cookers.

Back
Top Bottom