What do people think about SCR By fight light?

GlockGuy40

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What do people think about SCR (sport configurable rifle) by fight light? Do they shoot nice? Anyone own one? I was thinking of building one out in .308. I really like the mini 14/30 look/feel that they got going on.

Basically it’s a rifle receiver that’s designed to be featureless and accept a Monte Carlo stock instead of a pistol grip. From what I understand it has some unique parts like its own BCG but they are interchangeable with an AR.

It seems to me though that they would fail the “Interchangeability test” in the AWB because they are designed to accept an AR upper. The BCG, trigger, magwell etc appears to be the same. Does fighlight have their own parts, such as a trigger assembly that could not be used interchangeably in an AR? I couldn’t find any info about this so maybe if anyone knows about them or has one even they can shed some light.

Not interested in hearing something like “who cares about the AWB” because that’s not why I’m looking into the rifle. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
From what I’ve found, the lower and the bcg are proprietary and not interchangeable so good to go there. I’ve been on stand-by with the cc waiting to find the rifle lower but can only find the pistol lower. Have you found them in stock somewhere?

paulatkin73

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i understood they supply a 7lbs trigger on those rifles, that makes it, well, odd? and it is not a replaceable one, as it is not an AR lower, you cannot just drop a proper geissele into it.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
What do people think about SCR (sport configurable rifle) by fight light? Do they shoot nice? Anyone own one? I was thinking of building one out in .308. I really like the mini 14/30 look/feel that they got going on.

Basically it’s a rifle receiver that’s designed to be featureless and accept a Monte Carlo stock instead of a pistol grip. From what I understand it has some unique parts like its own BCG but they are interchangeable with an AR.

It seems to me though that they would fail the “Interchangeability test” in the AWB because they are designed to accept an AR upper. The BCG, trigger, magwell etc appears to be the same. Does fighlight have their own parts, such as a trigger assembly that could not be used interchangeably in an AR? I couldn’t find any info about this so maybe if anyone knows about them or has one even they can shed some light.

Not interested in hearing something like “who cares about the AWB” because that’s not why I’m looking into the rifle. Thanks.
I had one. It has its own bolt carrier that has a piece that transmits the force back to the buffer spring in a downward way rather than
straight back like a usual AR15. But uses a standard AR15 bolt.

I really liked the ergonomics on it. I had some trouble with accuracy and I never actually figured out what was the problem. May have been a bad scope mount.
I hadn't heard about any .308 bolt carrier made for it, which I assume you would need.

GlockGuy40

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i understood they supply a 7lbs trigger on those rifles, that makes it, well, odd? and it is not a replaceable one, as it is not an AR lower, you cannot just drop a proper geissele into it.
I read that too, that the current trigger is between 5-7lbs. It’s Supposedly an upgrade from the original 10lb trigger so I guess they’re working on it.

GlockGuy40

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had one. It has its own bolt carrier that has a piece that transmits the force back to the buffer spring in a downward way rather than

I really liked the ergonomics on it. I had some trouble with accuracy and I never actually figured out what was the problem. May have been a bad scope mount.
I hadn't heard about any .308 bolt carrier made for it, which I assume you would need.

Thanks for the Good info. The ergonomics are definitely what reeled me in but the design itself is pretty cool the more I learn about it.

I’m definitely mistaken about .308 being an option at this time, I must have confused my sources lol.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just ran across this on one of the gun newsletters I receive.

Actually looks like a pretty cool rifle.

Some people are shitting all over the rifle as "pandering" to ban states - but WW2 was pretty much without pistol grip stocks - so I don't see how that is really a helpful argument.

So are these available in MA anywhere? The Ares site lists lowers available separately - I've got a few AR uppers that are in need of a lower.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

The recoil system on the SCR reminds me of the one on a Johnson rifle.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

Buy one and then start harrassing Giessele to make a trigger pack for it. Giessele doesn't make triggers only for ARs - if there was a enough demand - they'd probably look into a trigger pack for it. When the current guy buying mania is over that is.

GlockGuy40

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Buy one and then start harrassing Giessele to make a trigger pack for it. Giessele doesn't make triggers only for ARs - if there was a enough demand - they'd probably look into a trigger pack for it. When the current guy buying mania is over that is.
As far as I can tell they’re completely sold out on their website and at most 3rd party vendors. I assume it’s because of the current mania lol.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
As far as I can tell they’re completely sold out on their website and at most 3rd party vendors. I assume it’s because of the current mania lol.

Yeah - that's what I saw too. Pretty much everything is sold out everywhere lately it seems. I wanted to buy a Giessele bolt group for an AR build I've been picking away at - and there weren't any to be found anywhere - except for Gunbroker , and they wanted some retard prices.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
[pics]
Or links!

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks for the Good info. The ergonomics are definitely what reeled me in but the design itself is pretty cool the more I learn about it.

I’m definitely mistaken about .308 being an option at this time, I must have confused my sources lol.

The AR-10 sized uppers (.308 & others) - will not work with an AR-15 sized lowers. The AR-10 lowers are similar - but larger than the AR-15 lowers. If you put them side by side the AR-10 lower looks like an up-sized version of the AR-15. The mag well is larger, the front and rear pins are spaced further apart, and the rear of the AR-10 lower is further back in relation to the trigger than the AR-15 one is.

Fight Lite would have to develop an entirely different product in order to be able to run AR-10 sized uppers. Let's hope they do it - because they do have a cool product there. I'm guessing that there's a lot of product development work that is on the back burner right now as companies concentrate on just spitting out as much product as possible to meet the market demand.

Top Bottom