• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do I have ? I guess an Astra

I’m a cranky, old bastard...... just the kind that would be expendable for something like this
Thanks
But me keep

Yes, that would be correct on the four digit serial number
haven't found any finite info online
i know nothing about the pistol
was hoping members with any knowledge would share

looks to be in great shape for what it is
happy to welcome it to my family of guns

Yes, that would be correct on the four digit serial number
haven't found any finite info online
i know nothing about the pistol
was hoping members with any knowledge would share

looks to be in great shape for what it is
happy to welcome it to my family of guns

Check out the link I posted: this was a part of the Wehrmacht contract for 50k guns, of which 10,450 were delivered. IF (and I have no idea) Astra actually did their serial numbers sequentially, and IF they sent them to Germany in order, then yours was shipped to the Wehrmacht on 16 July 1944. From the looks of it, I doubt it was ever issued; the Germans accepted A LOT of pistol types for service.

How finite were you expecting to get? Astra kept making the rest of the 50k, which trickled out over the next couple decades, but yours has a Waffenamt. So it arrived in Germany and was accepted for service during the war. The West Germans used these as police weapons into the '60s; it makes sense they would have used some of the old Wehrmacht stock for that too, but this one looks like it was never issued.

Unfortunately his son approached me recently & he wanted the pistol back in his dads collection I
I understand & I’m good with it
It was nice to have on loan for 3 years
I may try to buy it from his estate when he passes
Four seasons has one for sale, pricey

Isn't that the kind of pistol that Lawrence the Fed used to shoot Kaylee on Firefly (episode "Serenity")? It sure looks like it.

EDIT: Nope, it was Nambu Type 94.

Last edited:
I have one of the astra 300 in .380 with the German marks for the luftwaffa because it was smaller. Fun gun. Solid as hell and a pain to clean

Back
Top Bottom