• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What do I have here? What's it worth? No, it's not for sale.

Since I hate seeing firearms stored and NOT shot, shoot the piece of history.

A quick read on it makes me want one. Why did you have to share your new toy OP? [sad2]

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it?

Edit - I see the link now. Interesting, thanks for sharing. First time I have even heard of one of these before.

Well, that's an odd duck! At first glance I thought it was 1/2 a C96 Mauser, but I recognized the Danish on it (I'm part Danish)

Hell yes; clean it up and play with it!

T[mg]

Another vote for shooting it.

Sheesh. I must be shopping at the wrong Trader Joe's.

There are some items which should not be cleaned. This is one of them. How many time capsules will anyone have a chance to own in a lifetime? The answer is, "Far too few".

All of my firearms which are found in the grease, stay in the grease if they appear to be unissued relics. I have plenty of guns to shoot. I have no right to strip history of its fresh-built beauty and splendor.

Now that I'm off my soapbox, I'm going to say, "Wow". Just, wow.

Hah, I had a feeling there was going to be disagreement on whether to clean and shoot it or leave it as is. It's a really neat piece that's for sure. Probably the oddest I've ever found.

Do whatever you want to with it - it's yours.

Much as I would be tempted to shoot it, I probably wouldn't because replacement parts are not likely to be found.

Clean it, oil it, protect it. Watch as it grows in value from year to year!

Nice piece of history there.

Back
Top Bottom