What did you do to your firearm today.

Swapped my stock p365xl grip for a Wilson Combat one. I also added the tungsten weights. Can’t wait for my next range trip.

View attachment 590871

View attachment 590872

Personally I think it looks and feels much more balanced with the little extra size of the grip. The range trip will validate or refute those thoughts.
Did the same thing this morning. Now going to take the original XL frame and put it on my regular sized P365 To make it a XL of sorts.

I brought my Dad's old early-70's Charter Arms Undercover back into service. I'd inherited it, but it had something going on with the latch. Sent it in to the company currently known as Charter Arms and paid them a flat rate of $60 (+ parts) to work on it. Got it back, and put a couple of cylinders through it only to have the latch handle and its little pieces fly apart. I figured it had just been loose and had them replace the plunger and spring, which were lost, but it turned out the screw and frame threads were stripped out. Hmmm... Not sure what happened there, but not wanting to deal with them again, I put it into cold storage. A couple of weeks ago I realized my bubba gunsmithing skill level might have risen high enough to fix it, so I measured stuff and ordered screws and a tap from McMaster-Carr. Also ordered some cylinder shims from triggershims.com to take out the end shake. Then with a Dremel and a cordless drill, I fabricated a replacement screw with a new thread size, tapped the frame for the new screw, trimmed the screw length and ground the head to the desired height. Got it back into service. Now it goes back into storage, I guess. Not like I'm going to carry it instead of a 642, but it's nice to see it functional again.

Old screw:

1.jpg

New screw without modification, threaded in to frame to check fit:

2.jpg

New screw with head cut to the same shape as the original, cold blued, and installed. I chucked it up in a cordless drill and used a cutting wheel on the Dremel to rough-cut the step in the head, then cleaned it up with a file and stones.
3.jpg4.jpg

where? i was looking for a while to get a spare one.
damn - sorry, my eyes see what they want to see. it is a kadet conversion kit - i was looking for a spare 9mm slide.

Do you want just a bare slide or a complete upper?

Do you want just a bare slide or a complete upper?
an either, really... a complete slide would be simpler. i have only one completely modded shadow 2 frame and it is easier to deal with it, as a kit, and be kept all in one box.
cajun used to sell them at one time, but now it is out of stock everywhere i could see.

Got my Hi-Power slide back from Novak Designs in West Virginia. Had them cut dovetails for Night Fision branded sights that they carry. They say that they do “light” refinishing of the slide after machining, however it looks like they refinished the entire slide for me. And it took them a whole twelve days to get it back to me including the shipping time.

D72A4F12-3ADD-4E75-B8B1-56199F465669.jpeg772152F5-046C-4B70-8C21-289FBDE4E844.jpeg1EC58D69-21E9-4E3B-8926-527A55BBCBA4.jpeg

Got my Hi-Power slide back from Novak Designs in West Virginia. Had them cut dovetails for Night Fision branded sights that they carry. They say that they do “light” refinishing of the slide after machining, however it looks like they refinished the entire slide for me. And it took them a whole twelve days to get it back to me including the shipping time.

View attachment 606255View attachment 606256View attachment 606257
Simple and elegant at the same time. And 12 day turn? Unheard of these days. Congrats on a truly fine weapon.

Thank you, sir. It's one of my bucket list guns that I picked up recently. It's a pre-1988 FN Mark 1 that had the staked on half-moon front sight. The original sight picture, in not so many words, sucked. I was really happy with the service quality and turn around, and that they're using Night Fision tritium in their sights.

Simple and elegant at the same time. And 12 day turn? Unheard of these days. Congrats on a truly fine weapon.

Swapped out the B5 SOPMOD Enhanced for the B5 SOPMOD Bravo. Man what a difference in balance with the weight loss between the two. The Bravo was on the SBR pictured, but happened to spot a MOE SL doing nothing so I decided to swap out a few stocks. Glad I did really.

Now I'm going to go ahead and swap out the Warcomp closed tine for the SF3P. With a can or the Warden seen here, the flash is yuge at night. When used in my SOCOM (not pictured and mounted to another rifle right now), those holes to vent on the Warcomp make it sound louder and there's been others saying the same thing so I decided to alleviate both by swapping out SF MD's one at a time.

20220505_201438.jpg

I decided to assemble an AR15 upper only for a possible mini recce project, because cock holsters had to run their political sucks and blame the gun but did everything possible to not own up to it that it was one of their own, a protected class, the tranny that did it. You know, the one with the actual mental health issues and wasn't white, not a member of the NRA, and didn't fit any other garbage narrative of theirs.

Let's go Brandon

Put the Apex duty/carry kit in my optics ready M&P 2.0. Pistol came with the new, non-hinged trigger so I opted for just the spring kit. Removed all the grit from the trigger and lightened the pull a bit.

Back
Top Bottom