• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

My engraved grips arrived today,and they look good.What do you guys think?View attachment 550065

giphy.gif

A while ago I had the bright idea of getting matching Dan Wesson 1911s one in .45 the other in 9mm. Today I determined that a 9 can fire in a .45. It is very soft shooting but accuracy is poor.

Wtf, How does the gun look? Glad you lived to tell about it.
I did that once in a class with a 40 in a 45 (with the instructor's permission) because someone said with 100% confidence that the gun would blow up to bits. It didn't, and that guy finally stopped talking.

I did that once in a class with a 40 in a 45 (with the instructor's permission) because someone said with 100% confidence that the gun would blow up to bits. It didn't, and that guy finally stopped talking.
There was a guy shooting single stack or cdp at a match at pioneer in the squad in front of me and the gun was giving him fits. I looked at his cases to be Mr Helpful and sure enough he's got all stretched out .40s.

I'm going to have to look into that. I usually pound a torx bit onto them if they are stubborn.

Plus one; going to add that to my toolbox.

I was shocked the first time I went to remove the grips on my S&W 1911 and the bushing came out with it. Very unpleasant surprise. I have a small bag of spare bushings now in my parts box.

My compact is an aluminum frame so I wanted to make sure I didn't screw it up. But either way it makes life easier and I was grabbing new screws and bushings from them anyways. It just sti ks you have to buy one for each bushing type. I wish they made a double sided one or something. 20190319_165324.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom