• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

That was quick! Didn’t you just order them the other day?
I did. Ordered on Monday, shipped Tuesday and I got them Wednesday. They used fedex. The same with Seecamp. I ordered a spare magazine Tuesday and it arrived today. Smartpost. Was the spring on yours a little snug around the guide rod when you first put it in? I don’t think it the firing pin spring needed replacing but I did anyways.

I did. Ordered on Monday, shipped Tuesday and I got them Wednesday. They used fedex. The same with Seecamp. I ordered a spare magazine Tuesday and it arrived today. Smartpost. Was the spring on yours a little snug around the guide rod when you first put it in? I don’t think it the firing pin spring needed replacing but I did anyways.

I think it was, yes. And always do both springs at the same time. I checked the FPS in my IDPA gun last year and it was severely compressed.

New mag release for the P14. Going to the range was like a benny hill skit.. fire, mag falls out, replace. Had to teacup ☕ it to keep it in. Embarrassing. Seems rock solid now. Testing later today. Need to find one of those hundred round clips old Joe keep talking about.

I've always been a handgun guy, and have zero experience with long guns, but after purchasing my first rifle, a SA M1A, I thought I'd play around with it a little. So here's my first ever firearm mod. I thought I'd change up the ergonomics a bit to see how I like it, and bought an Archangel stock for it for cheap. The stock also comes with a cheek riser, but it's not needed on there currently, with no scope on the gun yet. And considering it only takes about five minutes to reverse, I thought it would be a fun beginner project.

Before:

full

...and After:

full

Frank

Upgrade for the MATEN 308

For the original build I used a light profile barrel which was OK, around a 1+ MOA barrel when built, but getting progressively less accurate over time. So upgraded the original barrel with a Wilson Combat 18" Super Sniper barrel, also repurposed a Gen3 Magpul PRS stock, which was removed from a PRS bolt gun - Makes more sense to have it on this rig. It is heavier that is for sure... But if this barrel is anything like the Wilson SS 300 BLK barrel I have I am sure I will be happy.

WC BARREL1.jpg

WC BARREL2.jpg

Upgrade Complete.jpg

On a side note, the old barrel was becoming more and more inaccurate over time. I wasn't sure what was causing it, but I think it was because of this. When I removed the comp, there was a very deep layer of carbon, from 1/16" to 3/16" all around the end of the barrel, filling up bowl crown. You cant see it in the picture, I should have taken one from the side before I chipped some off. At first I though the barrel had delaminated on the end it was so thick and it looked pieces were missing. There was like a wave shaped structure all around the exit hole and a bunch of carbon delamination pieces bouncing around inside the comp. No wonder it was getting worse over time.

Carbon Build Up.jpg

Well, after years of owning and not shooting an Arisaka that I got from a very well known member here I finally put a few rnds through it. (At $2 per round).

Had one (Arisaka as a kid), stupidly sold it and never shot it, but got the one above and finally got to shoot one.

tried for years to replace the one as a kid, but the above mentioned guy had an awesome example I just had to buy.

I gave a 107 year old rifle a good bore scrub, pretty dirty but over all not to bad. Hope to get out and do a little test run with it soon.
Ordered dies and bullets to refill the brass I empty

More shipments coming in every few days but I neglected an upper completion kit sooo things are on hold just now for that upper.
Build another lower for it tomorrow since the extended firing pin and hi power hammah spring did arrive.

Back
Top Bottom