• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

Recently put Ameriglo I-Dot Pro sights on my G30.

Front post has a tritium dot surrounded by florescent orange, back sight has a single tritium dot.

I really like this configuration of stacking the dots to aim.

I pick up that front sight quickly in day/low light and the tritium vials glow well in the dark.

Like it so much I just bought a set for my G42 and will put them on this coming weekend.

I-Dot-Pro.jpg

Recently put Ameriglo I-Dot Pro sights on my G30.

Front post has a tritium dot surrounded by florescent orange, back sight has a single tritium dot.

I really like this configuration of stacking the dots to aim.

I pick up that front sight quickly in day/low light and the tritium vials glow well in the dark.

Like it so much I just bought a set for my G42 and will put them on this coming weekend.

I-Dot-Pro.jpg

I've been using XS sights (post and dot) and I agree it is much faster for me than 3dot style.

What did you do to your firearm today?

I snapped it into a "Guardian" trigger guard holster from Aegis Armory.

G30-trigger-guard.jpg

Mock me if you will [laugh] I have this rule that a loaded handgun should always be in a holster. The only reason I take it out is the fire it or unload it.

However, I also like to keep a gun sitting on the desk in front of me when I am working late at night and that can be awkward when it is in a big OWB holster.

Enter the trigger guard holster -- well formed 0.08 Kydex fits tightly, pops off with a yank on the cord.

Bought one for the G30 and one for my wife's P938 for her to use in combination with her corset holster.

They were $15 a piece and $6.99 flat rate Priority Mail. Took 12 days from order to my door.

I will probably buy a couple others.
http://aegisarmory.us/shop/kydexholsters/the-guardian-kydex-trigger-guard/

I snapped it into a "Guardian" trigger guard holster from Aegis Armory.

G30-trigger-guard.jpg

Mock me if you will [laugh] I have this rule that a loaded handgun should always be in a holster. The only reason I take it out is the fire it or unload it.

However, I also like to keep a gun sitting on the desk in front of me when I am working late at night and that can be awkward when it is in a big OWB holster.

Enter the trigger guard holster -- well formed 0.08 Kydex fits tightly, pops off with a yank on the cord.

Bought one for the G30 and one for my wife's P938 for her to use in combination with her corset holster.

They were $15 a piece and $6.99 flat rate Priority Mail. Took 12 days from order to my door.

I will probably buy a couple others.
http://aegisarmory.us/shop/kydexholsters/the-guardian-kydex-trigger-guard/
Can we see a pic of the corset holster too ?

Renewed range membership yesterday, been busy with work and other hobbies, realized I hadn't been shooting since November!!!! Time to remedy that this week.

The wife and I went to the range for a bit today. Wasn't too bad out once the rain stopped...just a little chilly. Now I just need to give everything a cleaning once we're done with Mother's Day activities.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Cleaned it. And if you don't think that's a big to-do... heh. Try taking down a Remington R51 without the manual. (wait - actually, don't. it's worse than a Ruger Mark III. Even WITH the manual!)

Isn't the manual online??

Yes. And I have the paper manual, as I just got this a week ago (Remington realizes just how badly they've ****ed up in recent years and they've been offering some of their new guns to gun shop owners and employees at prices under wholesale just to get them out there so people can see them and use them and (hopefully) sell them better.

Here's the manual: https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/documents/R51_MANUAL_REV_12-2015_FINAL_sm.pdf

Here's the OFFICIAL how-to video from Remington: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3Wtng5od8

As for how it shoots... shoots great. Wish you could feel the trigger reset (you can't) but it runs nicely. When you have a good magazine... Lupis42 and I took mine to the range Wednesday night. One of the two mags I have started not feeding properly - had to keep smacking the butt of the mag to get it to feed. I haven't contacted Remington yet because today's been a bear at work. If the mag gets fixed? I'd carry it. Shoots great; sights are pretty good. Nice little gun.

Sucks to strip and reassemble so you can get it clean, though.

Installed the 8.5# hammer spring on the Shadow 2 which has dropped the DA trigger pull even more. I don't have a trigger pull gauge but I'd have to imagine it's around 4.5ish pounds. BUT I need to test fire it as I don't use Federal primers. Just figured I'd gamble and try it out. Worst case I switch back to the 11.5# spring...

Also did a detail strip/clean of my Dan Wesson Pointman 9. It was pretty rotten after 600-700 rounds without a cleaning.

Replaced the hammer and grip safety on the Wilson Combat. Apparently when the grip safety part is listed as "drop in", it doesn't really just drop in and fit. The reviewers on Brownells stating these fit perfectly are damn liars. Instead it took hours of dremeling and filing to make it fit.

IMG_8237_edit_v3_1200_zpsozogq1z0.jpg

IMG_8249_edit_1200_zpsxvaiddar.jpg

No more hammer bite:

IMG_8255_edit_v2b_1200_zps7tazdxez.jpg

IMG_8237_edit_v3_1200.jpg IMG_8249_edit_1200.jpg IMG_8255_edit_v2b_1200.jpg

I just received my Glock 17 back from Primary Machine. I had them mill the slide for my Vortex Venom, add Dawson Precision suppressor height night sights (for perfect co-witness), and cerakote the slide. It came out awesome - they did a phenomenal job and I would recommend them to anyone. Total cost was ≈ $300

The reason that I sent it out for milling is that I had been using a mounting plate for the red dot that fit into the rear dovetail. The sight sat so high that I was always searching for the dot. Now when I draw the dot seems to naturally land on the target. Off to the range to see how she runs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 317
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 318
I just received my Glock 17 back from Primary Machine. I had them mill the slide for my Vortex Venom, add Dawson Precision suppressor height night sights (for perfect co-witness), and cerakote the slide. It came out awesome - they did a phenomenal job and I would recommend them to anyone. Total cost was ≈ $300

The reason that I sent it out for milling is that I had been using a mounting plate for the red dot that fit into the rear dovetail. The sight sat so high that I was always searching for the dot. Now when I draw the dot seems to naturally land on the target. Off to the range to see how she runs.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That looks amazing

Last edited:
Put a nylon bolt buffer in the 10/22 -- Cost : 65₵

Might be better to buy the nylon rod in bulk, but which type do I choose ?

Put about 100+ rounds through the 10/22 with the nylon bolt buffer -- didn't really notice a difference. Next I'm looking at replacing the trigger group, from what I've seen, this can cost as much as I paid for the rifle !

Put about 100+ rounds through the 10/22 with the nylon bolt buffer -- didn't really notice a difference. Next I'm looking at replacing the trigger group, from what I've seen, this can cost as much as I paid for the rifle !
If you are in any way mechanically inclined there are several tutorials on how to tune your trigger group yourself for a fraction of the cost. I took a bone stock brand new un-fired trigger group from 5+lbs to ~2.5lbs on my first go around attempt. I made no attempt to adjust any sear engagement yet... it was mainly fit and finish work and cleaning up any rough edges. I have plans to shoot with it a bit then refine it more should it need it.

After 5 months of Numrich being sold out, I found Popperts and got my Savage 520 working again. Broken operating rod handle had it out of commission, but its back on track again.

Cleaned the S&W 15-22 I took in trade, printed a label for it and put it on the rack. And sold several other guns at the Rutland VT show this weekend.

I bought 3 more mags for my 22/45 today. Ran 10 rounds each through them then tuned them up ran 20 more rounds through them and called it good for now. All fed without issues. One had trouble latching and dropping free, but is getting better. I'll have to keep an eye on that one. It will be last in rotation unless the problem clears up.

Rebuilt my AR.

Troy lower
Giessele SD-E trigger
RAT stock w/ H buffer
Fortis upper
Fortis 15" Mlok handguard
BA 18" SS .223 wylde barrel w/ 1:8 twist, rifle length gas system
Fortis muzzle brake
NiB BCG
BCM ambi charging handle
Viper PST 1-4x

20170707_194441.jpg

Attachments

• 20170701_163107.jpg
    20170701_163107.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I have five packages arriving in the next few days. My wife is going to be pissed. Switching competition platforms from a .45 1911 to a 9mm Glock. Needed parts for the Glock, belt setup, and to convert my press. Don't know if it would have been better for everything to arrive at once, or to trickle in. My order from Ben Stoeger's Pro Shop certainly would get her attention.

Back
Top Bottom