• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

356b89310f275a2250500a397f05b25c.jpg

Did some work to my fathers 1939 Remington 341. It's a bolt action .22, the first gun I ever shot when I was a kid.

The action was a little finicky, when pushing the bolt forward, the cartridge would nosedive and jam. You'd have to pull the bolt back a bit, then push forward and it could go into battery. I pulled the carrier out and figured out it was missing a tension spring that pushed against the inside of the reviewer to hold the carrier in place while the bolt was traveling forward. The problem is the spring, spring cup and wear pad were all missing. We were able to order the spring and pad from Numrich, but the cup is no longer made. Racked my brain thinking of things I could use to replace the missing cup before thinking to try a spent primer with the anvil pulled out. It fit in there perfectly. Reassembled and now the action is as smooth as I'd imagine it was when it was made 75 years ago.

19E241EC-139F-46CC-85DB-C0B0B7F4126F.jpg

DE3E891C-D23C-443F-9B90-3AD1DCB289EC.jpg

B4C20507-66A8-44CB-910F-148A8923EBB7.jpg

Stared longingly at it.

I just bought my first gun after work yesterday (blackhawk in .357) but can't go shooting until tomorrow...

Yesterday I put a nighthawk custom match grade trigger in my Springfield 1911. Took some time to fit and polish it. What a difference than the mil spec, very smooth now.
. image.jpg

Lowered the profiles of the ambi safety levers on my S&W 3913TSW. They stuck out just enough to cause them gun to hang up in the holster when I reholstered. Much better now.

Back
Top Bottom