• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to your firearm today.

The Magpul ejection port cover has to be the easiest install, ever. Hopefully it holds up like a Magpul product should.

Taking off the milspec one however to replace with the Magpul, was almost as easy but took a bit a problem solving in order to do without having to take the barrel nut off.

I ditched the recover tacticaal grips on both of the beretta's for the tdi trigger guard grab bracket.
Also added the beretta 92x perfomance oversized take down lever and slide stop to both.
Last piece needed is a flared mag well.
Probably get that from springer precision in the next month or so

IMG_20220529_152748.jpg

i...cleaned...a...revolver...today! i know, i know, i said i'd never do it. my philosophy has always been new crud and debris blows away and replaces the old. it was fun getting back to my roots of meticulous gun care. i promise not to do it again...pinky swear.

I had ordered P226 recoil spring…$30! I was glad to see it came with three Springs. But there’s probably 100,000 on the one I took out. So I change the spring that was it for the day.

Probably could’ve stretched the old one but it is time for a replacement.

5BF6A7A3-3BE6-4A7E-8760-7A6ADB3F2C4F.jpeg D8DF6D55-4982-4170-B979-BAD1563020E0.jpeg

It’s the angle of the pic. A few hundred rounds with an A2 and it barely had any residue.
I was just mentioning it. I’m not a fan of guns loaded up with all kinds of Taxti-cool stuff…
Most of my things are just full auto with irons..

But I do have Several ARS that are completely covered in accessories.. And the helmet that’s over the top. But when you go play at night and you can’t see at night the accessories make a huge difference

Don’t own one of these yet…🤣
4444418D-37E0-4CFB-A449-03F26265F455.jpeg

I was just mentioning it. I’m not a fan of guns loaded up with all kinds of Taxti-cool stuff…
Most of my things are just full auto with irons..

But I do have Several ARS that are completely covered in accessories.. And the helmet that’s over the top. But when you go play at night and you can’t see at night the accessories make a huge difference

Don’t own one of these yet…🤣
View attachment 627621
Don't you want the flash light upfront so the barrel doesn't cast a shadow?

Don't you want the flash light upfront so the barrel doesn't cast a shadow?

I dunno but what comes to mind for me is (for a carbine) I highly prioritize shaving weight from the muzzle, or moving that weight aft where it makes less difference. If i was gonna chose to mount a light, and I don't, I would want something much smaller of truly negligible weight.

If he is happy with his rifle and shoots it well, works for him, and that's cool and all that matters.

I dunno but what comes to mind for me is (for a carbine) I highly prioritize shaving weight from the muzzle, or moving that weight aft where it makes less difference. If i was gonna chose to mount a light, and I don't, I would want something much smaller of truly negligible weight.

If he is happy with his rifle and shoots it well, works for him, and that's cool and all that matters.
I don’t like how it cast a shadow in my night vision because my flashlight does IR as well. Also I don’t like the muzzle flash f***ing up the glass on my expensive flashlights. But most of all I like it sit back several inches so when I fall down or use it as a cane I’m not stuffing the flashlight in the ground.lol

Plus one; going to add that to my toolbox.

I was shocked the first time I went to remove the grips on my S&W 1911 and the bushing came out with it. Very unpleasant surprise. I have a small bag of spare bushings now in my parts box.
@nstassel

It only took me 6 months to get around to ordering the tool...

1657296908052.png

Pulled my Sig P938 SAS out of the safe and gave it a very light oiling.

Did so while lamenting the fact that this very handsome little pistol has been superseded by the P365 as a summer carry gun for a few years now.
The P365 is lighter than the P938 but really It came down to capacity. Is anyone going to continue carrying 7+1 when 10+1 is available to them?
Oh well at least I can take solace in the fact that the original P938 SAS has not been in production for a few years and mine is in mint shape so, collectors item! [banana]

Matter of fact as you guys know there must have been like eight different versions of the P938 at one time. Well today there are just three, basic nitron with rubber grips, a nitron finished SAS with the FT Bullseye sight gimmick, and a Legion version.

Loads of you guys own them, along with my wife who has a P938 Scorpion, maybe you all ought to be retiring them and waiting for the collectors to come calling with the big offers [laugh]

Here is a stock photo of my version for reference...
AMaxJpil.png

🐯

Pulled my Sig P938 SAS out of the safe and gave it a very light oiling.

Did so while lamenting the fact that this very handsome little pistol has been superseded by the P365 as a summer carry gun for a few years now.
The P365 is lighter than the P938 but really It came down to capacity. Is anyone going to continue carrying 7+1 when 10+1 is available to them?
Oh well at least I can take solace in the fact that the original P938 SAS has not been in production for a few years and mine is in mint shape so, collectors item! [banana]

Matter of fact as you guys know there must have been like eight different versions of the P938 at one time. Well today there are just three, basic nitron with rubber grips, a nitron finished SAS with the FT Bullseye sight gimmick, and a Legion version.

Loads of you guys own them, along with my wife who has a P938 Scorpion, maybe you all ought to be retiring them and waiting for the collectors to come calling with the big offers [laugh]

Here is a stock photo of my version for reference...
AMaxJpil.png

🐯

A 365 != to a 938, totally different pieces of hardware.

Striker versus single action hammer. Single stack versus double stack. And then there's the astetics.

Even at the time when the 938 was released I bet someone was saying, why the 1911-ish thing versus some striker or non exposed DA hammer pistol. Some folks like the 938 mechanics better, partly could just be how they look. I smile every time I look at mine, though it isn't a typical carry for me (due to size, I tend to go bigger to say a Glock 19 or smaller to say a 238 or LCP)

0711221838.jpg IMG_20220630_200213.jpg

Picked up the dpm systems recoil buffer for the 92 as well as a 92x G centurion slide.
Additionally a Volker precision flat trigger.

Just need to make/get a holster now to make it my edc.

Picked up the dpm systems recoil buffer for the 92 as well as a 92x G centurion slide.
Additionally a Volker precision flat trigger.

Just need to make/get a holster now to make it my edc.
in all honesty - i would remove that plate from slide below and restored original iron sights... maybe it is not looking so horrendous in real life compared to the picture, but, it just screams that it does not belong there.

1657907576127.png

How is it to work that safety with that plate? Can't really tell from pictures, but it looks like a tight squeeze to hit it.

in all honesty - i would remove that plate from slide below and restored original iron sights... maybe it is not looking so horrendous in real life compared to the picture, but, it just screams that it does not belong there.

View attachment 638357
Well before the 92x rdo came out, the LTT rdo was the only other option besides the trijicon plate above and generic plates that dont hold worth a damn. I didnt want to spend $600+ for just a slide with a rdo cut. Never mind the wait time.
How is it to work that safety with that plate? Can't really tell from pictures, but it looks like a tight squeeze to hit it.
Just fine. Like anything else, the more you use it, the more you get used to it. It helps I dont have sausage links for fingers and thumbs though.

Back
Top Bottom