What did you do to your firearm today.

I did some upgrades on my primary go to rifle, light and handstop/scales and a new sling. I have come to really like the Magpul MS1 sling a lot and am switching over to them. Still a couple of things I want to do.
LWRC LIGHT and HAND GRIPS.jpg

Also removed the old MAGPUL rail covers and original AFG from my very first AR build, which added a lot of weight and a lot of width to the quad rail, replaced with LaRue clips, which are really a significant improvement. And a new sling.
Green AR Hand Guard Upgrades and Sling.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I almost pulled the trigger on getting a new to me Savage 99 in .300 Savage. If it had a tang safety instead of the lever safety ( I am left handed), it would have gone home with me.

I did some upgrades on my primary go to rifle, light and handstop/scales and a new sling. I have come to really like the Magpul MS1 sling a lot and am switching over to them. Still a couple of things I want to do.
View attachment 375385

Also removed the old MAGPUL rail covers and original AFG which added a lot of weight and a lot of width to the quad rail, replaced with LaRue clips, which are really a significant improvement. And a new sling.
View attachment 375389
I'm a big fan of the ms1 sling as well. It adjust so much faster and smoother than anything else I've tried.

I woke up my old ruger 22/45 early this morning and brought it to a steel challenge match. I had forgotten how much fun steel challange can be with a 22.

I went to the range and shot mine today. That pistol looks neat, 45, what is it?

It’s a Russian commercial Makarov .380. All the other Makarovs I’ve had over the years have been military 9x18mm which are more desirable, but this one was dirt cheap and the finish was fairly worn and ugly. These guns are so easy to fully disassemble, it was a simple project.

yeah, you did a nice job on that. it's beauty is in it's simplicity. No rail, no stamped script all over the place. Simple lines. It's kind of retro.

Not really to but for my X95. I really didn't want to go with a hard case and I wanted to try and capitalize on the bullpup size. Savior covert 30" bag. Fits it perfectly along with tons of other storage for additional stuff. I need to get some molle stuff to organize it all.20200802_153541.jpg20200802_153349.jpg

Cleaned up the extracter on my ruger 22/45 after it became ammo picky at an in-opertune time. I had upgraded the extracter a few years ago and never paid much attention to it after that, which was my bad and it came back to bite me when I needed it to run smoothly. There was litterly chunks of crud in the extractor channel which explains why it had started to become ammo picky.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 22
I have decided that if the boogaloopocalypse should come to pass in November I am committing to my HK VP9 as a sidearm on my HSGI 1.75" rigger belt.
But before that belt is converted from competition to SHTF I wanted a holster for the VP9 that was drop/snatch resistant with a duty style secondary retention feature.

I ordered a G-Code XTS RTI and a rotatable RTI belt mount (black)...

A3nWIHt.jpg

🐯

This weeks project-
Cajun comp kit for my 97B

View attachment 387545

Finally got this completed.
1 sheet of 1200 grit. Stones. Few buffing wheels and some Flitz.
Got the d.a. down to 9lbs
Got the s.a. down to 3.5 lbs from 5

Put in and fit everything BUT the adjustable sear. Could probably shave another pound off, but thats for down the road after break in.

The sear cage was unpleasant.

If you get the itch to d.i.y theres a complete walkthrough here-
Pay close attention to pg 1, 10, 17 and 26.

Biggest gripe-
No ambi safety available.
The new 10mm has one and thats built on the 97 chassis so maybe theres hope.

A74CF827-9D45-47E9-AB39-B1B66C9BBE7F.jpeg203CC6C4-1ED6-4068-AD6A-0532EBF31CB7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom