• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do to prep today?

We completed the homemade curtains throughout the house. They look nice, and I consider it a burglar deterrent if someone looking at the house can't tell what is going on inside it. This includes the garage windows, so no one can tell if any vehicles are there (which may indicate that someone is home).

Picked up 2 Pmags and another 100 rounds of 9 mm and .45. Going to reorganize my go bags and make some char cloth. I'd rather prep than go out tonight.

And will you be so kind to share where you find the Pmags? PM me if you want.

---

I purchased an extra package of toilet paper yesterday. I think I've got about six months worth based on current usage (hope to make it a full year soon).

I also found a few bulk packages of Winchester .22 LR on a Walmart shelf. The clerk said they had 12 when he started his shift in the afternoon and when I got there a couple of hours later, there were 3 left. I left 1 for the next guy. ;)

Completely filled my new FIFO racks. Trying to decide whether to get another one or limit our selection to what we have. Trying to build a smaller rack for my batteries, need to search around and see what's out there.

Got one third of the way through organizing the gun room. Good news is that I found the expired c&r license that I lost while moving. Note to self... I need to spend more time using what I already purchased rather than buying more.

Loaded up on more ammo: .22 bulk packs and .380 + ordered a lot more reloading tools.

Took down my rossi .357 lever action. Gonna polish all the internals and put it back together tomorrow.

Installed an external PA system this morning, you never know when you might be stuck inside and want to get some information outside.

Trying to decide if I should sell my Stag 1L. Original thought when I bought my S&W ORC this summer was that I would sell the Stag. Funny that the panic buying I see going on has actually slowed me down on this decision. Of course I have had the ORC for months and haven't put up the Stag so maybe the panic buying is actually pushing the decision?

Been collecting up canned goods, we haven't done any canning in awhile, need to can more chicken. We've been doing Campbell's Chunky soups, couple extra cans a week.

Made a few more buddy burners, inventoried bug-out food bins, decanted elderberry tincture and nettles tincture to add to first aid kit.

Friday - located some bullets and stocked up for reloading. Found small pistol primers but there was a 2000 limit. Got 2000.

Saturday - scored an awesome deal on some preban 30 rounders.

Most of Saturday was spent taking action to help restore and preserve our 2A rights.

Not much lately... Finished organizing the gun room. I can finally walk into it without tripping over ammo.

I also sorted through several boxes of locks and keys. 87 of them. Stupid MA storage laws.

I taught Basic Pistol to 32 new shooters over the past two weeks. I'm hoping that some of them will watch my back if needed.

Using Forum Runner. Please excuse spelling errors, formatting, and absent links.

I've been setting up a workbench and reloading station. I ordered a Dillon 550b from Brian Enos [smile]

image.jpg Put a new Gerber Knife/sheath on my Molle Load Bearing Vest and sorted out applying .25 inch rubber
Pads to steel plates and wrapping them up completely with gorilla tape.

Last edited:
Just wrapped up the propane conversion for my generator.

I'll be curious how that works out. Does such a conversion kit reduce the required oil changes? That's one of the things about a generator that most people forget about when they buy it... changing oil every day that it is running!

Not sure about why it would change the frequency of oil changes, I'll be sticking to the normal frequency and did the conservative thing by also installing an hour meter. Conversion went smoothly, just felt a little weird drilling a hole in my carb. The one other thing that people may not know is that running on propane or natural gas will reduce the stated load of the generator, you don't get as many Btus per combustion as you do with gasoline.

I went for 3 hours to the rock-climbing gym after donating a unit of blood 24-hours earlier. I learned that my strength was normal, but my endurance sucked! I was breathing very much harder than normal when finished with each climb. At one point I was even getting slightly dizzy from the physical exertion of climbing the 65 ft. walls.

Don't believe Hollywood. If your down a unit of blood, you can't do that Bruce Willis thing and keep running, jumping, and climbing like a superhero. Most strenuous physical activity will not be possible for very long.

Back
Top Bottom