What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Well, like p.. I added better tunes to the reloading area during the remodel. Today I cranked up some tunes and actually did some reloading. When I last posted I was all fired up to load some 45-70; but…..I had a dream. Really. In the dreamed I was all stressed out because I was loading the truck to head to a PRS match, and the last thing I checked was ammo. I only had 20 rounds of 6.5CM loaded. Now I realize it was only a dream, and even in the dream I knew I had 100 rounds of factory ammo stashed for such occasions, but my sleep mind needed to load more 6.5 So I got up this morning and did it. First I loaded 40 rounds of hunting ammo (Hornady 143 eld-X). Mainly because I has a partial box of 40 bullets. Then I loaded 80 pcs Hornady 147g ELD Match (another partial box of bullets). I have another 200 bullets left from that that lot of 500, but only another 100 PCs of brass ready so switched over to brass prep.

Observation: I added one more reason why I like 45ACP. On the Dillon it uses the same shell plate and pins as most my rifle cartridgees (.308 based brass) so it’s an easy change over

Last edited:
Well, like p.. I added better tunes to the reloading area during the remodel. Today I cranked up some tunes and actually did some reloading. When I last posted I was all fired up to load some 45-70; but…..I had a dream. Really. In the dreamed I was all stressed out because I was loading the truck to head to a PRS match, and the last thing I checked was ammo. I only had 20 rounds of 6.5CM loaded. Now I realize it was only a dream, and even in the dream I knew I had 100 rounds of factory ammo stashed for such occasions, but my sleep mind needed to load more 6.5 So I got up this morning and did it. First I loaded 40 rounds of hunting ammo (Hornady 143 eld-X). Mainly because I has a partial box of 40 bullets. Then I loaded 80 pcs Hornady 147g ELD Match (another partial box of bullets). I have another 200 bullets left from that that lot of 500, but only another 100 PCs of brass ready so switched over to brass prep.

Observation: I added one more reason why I like 45ACP. On the Dillon it uses the same shell plate and pins as most my rifle cartridgees (.308 based brass) so it’s an easy change over
Home Depot sells a shoplight with built in bluetooth speakers…it’s da bomb..

What's the deal with BB?
Long story short-
Ordered 500 .358’s in 170 gr.
They also offer a 165gr for 9mm in the same design.
I got a mixed load of .356 and .358.
Not something you’d notice by looking at it. Even loaded without an issue. No rattling around or spinning.
Shot a plate match and my revolver locked up a few times. Projectiles started walking out.
Pulled em apart and mic’d em.
Sure as shit, different sizes.
Are these the same ones that @Broc had issue with? Then the company basically told him he’s a loser and go pound sand?

It is. Turns out it was a huge problem and affected more than just him and myself. Hundreds of people were having the same issue, and they all got the same answer from the same guy.

Long story short-
Ordered 500 .358’s in 170 gr.
They also offer a 165gr for 9mm in the same design.
I got a mixed load of .356 and .358.
Not something you’d notice by looking at it. Even loaded without an issue. No rattling around or spinning.
Shot a plate match and my revolver locked up a few times. Projectiles started walking out.
Pulled em apart and mic’d em.
Sure as shit, different sizes.

It is. Turns out it was a huge problem and affected more than just him and myself. Hundreds of people were having the same issue, and they all got the same answer from the same guy.
Iirc, I think I have some 9mm from them sitting on a shelf.

It is. Turns out it was a huge problem and affected more than just him and myself. Hundreds of people were having the same issue, and they all got the same answer from the same guyguy
That dude is a huge c*nt. F*ck him.

All his master shooters shoot that junk and don't complain -- did you get that bullsh*t as well?

File a claim with the CC. Don't even try to argue with him.

PXL_20221218_183713901.jpgI'm cleaning some loaded cases, I thought I would snap a photo so I'll have it for the next time a new thread pops up with someone asking if it's safe to do this. I only have to run these about 15-20 minutes. This isn't always part of my reloading process, but I have a newly mixed up bottle of home made case lube that left these a little " greasy ". I'll get some more alcohol and dilute my lube mix.

That dude is a huge c*nt. F*ck him.

All his master shooters shoot that junk and don't complain -- did you get that bullsh*t as well?

File a claim with the CC. Don't even try to argue with him.

I bought and loaded a long time ago. Like pre-panicdemic. It was like a week or so before my last ever Walls of Steel shoot.
I just now got to pulling them.
I never contacted the guy because as soon as I figured out what it was, I did an internet search. Message boards from all over had posted the same thing we both ran into, and that same response. "My grand master gun shoots them just fine" or something like that.
They must've shipped out a massive mixed batch. We must've gotten some of the same batch.
I should have filed a c.c. claim like you said.

I bought and loaded a long time ago. Like pre-panicdemic. It was like a week or so before my last ever Walls of Steel shoot.
I just now got to pulling them.
I never contacted the guy because as soon as I figured out what it was, I did an internet search. Message boards from all over had posted the same thing we both ran into, and that same response. "My grand master gun shoots them just fine" or something like that.
They must've shipped out a massive mixed batch. We must've gotten some of the same batch.
I should have filed a c.c. claim like you said.
When I found out, the people on Reddit and the sh*tty Brian Enos forum (great for info, but lame AF if you complain about any of their sponsors), were quick to shut me down.

When I found out, the people on Reddit and the sh*tty Brian Enos forum (great for info, but lame AF if you complain about any of their sponsors), were quick to shut me down.
Get back on that thread and link to all the complaints from everyone else.
I hate when people write you off and never come back for the real answer.

View attachment 699565I'm cleaning some loaded cases, I thought I would snap a photo so I'll have it for the next time a new thread pops up with someone asking if it's safe to do this. I only have to run these about 15-20 minutes. This isn't always part of my reloading process, but I have a newly mixed up bottle of home made case lube that left these a little " greasy ". I'll get some more alcohol and dilute my lube mix.
Someone’s about to blow up their gun….

🤡🤡🤡

View attachment 699565I'm cleaning some loaded cases, I thought I would snap a photo so I'll have it for the next time a new thread pops up with someone asking if it's safe to do this. I only have to run these about 15-20 minutes. This isn't always part of my reloading process, but I have a newly mixed up bottle of home made case lube that left these a little " greasy ". I'll get some more alcohol and dilute my lube mix.
ONE SHOT the night before. Let them dry overnight, done. No need to over complicate pistol reloading.

The one can of ONE SHOT I bought 2 years ago has served me for over 10K rounds so far and it is still going. Not bad for the $10 or so that I paid.

Loading Christmas presents today. 350 rds. of .45 Colt (250 gn RNFP over 5.2gn Trail Boss) and 150 rds. of .45 acp (230 gn RN over 6.0 gn CFE Pistol), so far. I've said it before, as have others, dealing with the SP .45 acp mixed in with the LP is a royal PITA. At one point it was only Federal and I threw all those cases into a bin and separated them when I got a chance. Today I ran across some Blazer SP as well, UGH!

Another first was using Federal LP primers that my SIL bought for me since I load for him. What a waist of packaging.

ONE SHOT the night before. Let them dry overnight, done. No need to over complicate pistol reloading.

The one can of ONE SHOT I bought 2 years ago has served me for over 10K rounds so far and it is still going. Not bad for the $10 or so that I paid.
I don't see my procedure (or yours) as being complicated. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

By the way, I've loaded 9k rounds this month and that leads to another topic.

The recycling bin in my shop is overflowing with federal primer packaging.

I don't see my procedure (or yours) as being complicated. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

By the way, I've loaded 9k rounds this month and that leads to another topic.

The recycling bin in my shop is overflowing with federal primer packaging.
Yup.

Though you must have a gigantic recycling bin for all of those federal primer trays/boxes 🤣

Carry Optics next season?
I’m hoping I can make a match or two next year. Being a new parent complicates things I’m realizing 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom