What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Looks like I found a winner for deer season in the ruger carbine. 265 grain jsp with 21 grains of imr4227. Funny thing is the worst groups were with factory ammo. Been working up load combos in that carbine for awhile now. A couple clicks to the right and I'll be good for deer hunting with the little carbine But I'll zero her later on in the fall.

That's 50 yards from a bench rest.
View attachment 623685View attachment 623686View attachment 623687View attachment 623688
The accuracy and that bullet will drop em quick!

Looks like I found a winner for deer season in the ruger carbine. 265 grain jsp with 21 grains of imr4227. Funny thing is the worst groups were with factory ammo. Been working up load combos in that carbine for awhile now. A couple clicks to the right and I'll be good for deer hunting with the little carbine But I'll zero her later on in the fall.

That's 50 yards from a bench rest.
View attachment 623685View attachment 623686View attachment 623687View attachment 623688
Very nice! You’ll be all set for deer. I forgot about the Hornady 265 grainers

My Henry seemed to like the Federal Hammerdown 270 gr JSP ammo. Maybe someday I’ll get lucky to anchor a buck with one in Maine. If I had a doe permit last year I would have drilled one that was like 20 yards from me.

My Henry seemed to like the Federal Hammerdown 270 gr JSP ammo. Maybe someday I’ll get lucky to anchor a buck with one in Maine. If I had a doe permit last year I would have drilled one that was like 20 yards from me.
Best part is those 265 grainers were gifted to me by an older member of the gun club I'm at. He doesn't reload 44 anymore and gave me 100 of em. I offered to pay him for them but he said as long as I use em he was glad to give em to me. Can't wait to show him the pic of that target next time I see him.

Those ruger 44 carbines make great woods guns.

3 times during turkey season this year i had deer walk within 30 yards of me.....one was about 10 feet away! I'm getting pretty good at sitting still and being quite. Was only using a brush blind too. I'm getting confident enough now at getting deer in close that I may try the 44 mag revolver. That would be an accomplishment for me.....a deer with a revolver using handloads!

Last edited:
Package from the Valley arrived with 4lbs of powder - UPS guy literally tossed the package clearly labeled "Explosives" onto the porch with a loud bang.
2 lbs of Accurate 11fs
2 lbs of Lovex D060-01 (Shooter's World Buffalo Rifle)

Going to be experimenting with 300AAC from 155g to 230g.
Also found some data for subsonic using CFE Pistol that by Gordon's should have a muzzle gas pressure below 1kPSI
Not CCI Quiet 22 but a lot quieter than a 45 ACP +P

Y’all don’t load enough ammo to last you more than a week or so? 😂
I do enjoy reloading but this time of year I like to be shooting among other things and not in the basement 😂
To each their own of course.

Edit: I do have a progressive press
Depends on what it is.
I loaded up all my 30 carbine I had. Im good for a very long time
Same with the bulk 55gn 223 stuff - plenty
When it comes to 06, 7.7, 303 and the “cmp games” type of ammo I generally load up 1/2 - Full seasons worth.
Pistol- loaded up a bunch of 45acp SWC
38/357 I load as needed which is not often.

Walked slowly downstairs again today (more like a sloth making his way down a tree) ….. stared at my reloading bench dreaming of the day I get clearance to pump again! this being sidelined shit really sucks Ass…. I See the Doctors in another week and see what they say..… :mad: On the other hand I’m saving on components.…

Loaded up some 38 special 125 grain Missouri TCFPs over Accurate #5 to work up a 38 special load for that powder. Interesting tidbit I picked up when I was poking around on the internet was that the powder I'm currently using, Shooter's World Auto Pistol (Lovex D036), might just be the old Accurate #5 before Western bought the brand and moved production to Canada. Anyway, I'll need to repeat the exercise when my True Blue gets here.

Also figured out how long I could seat my 7mm Rem Mag reloads of the Federal Power Shok (or whatever they are called). Still waiting on my Accurate 4350 (should get here tomorrow, actually). Not going to chase the lands or anything like that, but I wanted to know where the lands were. If I load them to 3.30" they should still fit in the magazine and also be a healthy distance from the lands.

I use either pistol or rifle almost interchangeably. I don't recall what powder, but one of my powder options for sc is a bit different charge with the rifle primers.
Gotcha. I had been wondering how high volume shooters like you have been making out during this primer panic bs. Even if you stockpiled a bunch before the bs, eventually you’re needing to top off your primer supply.
But then of course now, the prices are f***ing full retard.

Ran some of my 9x18 reloads through my new-to-me CZ vz.82, works like a charm. Super accurate. Used a Czech powder for a Czech pistol.

Other than that, prepped crazy amounts of 30-06 and .223 brass. I've decided I don't have enough .223 on hand for my liking, so I'm trying to remedy it.

I'm also liking the Dillon 9x19 reloads in my VP9 among other things. Took me a while to warm to a dot on a pistol, but I really like it now. Ordered another 1k projectiles.

Cutting back on rounds downrange. I tried to cut back last season, doing more so this season.
It’s crazy, seems like primer prices have gone UP over the last few months rather than down. I really need you all to work together and stop buying small pistol primers…. So that I can get them.

I know I know. [slap]
I was lazy and didn’t check em the night before.
Ahh grasshopper, have you learned nothing since joining NES? While it’s certainly ok to load ammo the night before a match, but that ammo must go at the back of the pile, and you should be shooting the ammo you loaded two years ago in the next days match. It’s called rotating.

…When you can snatch the 9mm bullet from my hand, then, you will be ready to move on to the next phase…

Ahh grasshopper, have you learned nothing since joining NES? While it’s certainly ok to load ammo the night before a match, but that ammo must go at the back of the pile, and you should be shooting the ammo you loaded two years ago in the next days match. It’s called rotating.

…When you can snatch the 9mm bullet from my hand, then, you will be ready to move on to the next phase…
Lol. I loaded the ammo back in December or so. I don’t do much of any reloading in the summer when it’s nice out. I was overly confident in my reloads. I’ve never had an upside primer in 9mm before. I’ve done it a few times in 44 mag.

Lol. I loaded the ammo back in December or so. I don’t do much of any reloading in the summer when it’s nice out. I was overly confident in my reloads. I’ve never had an upside primer in 9mm before. I’ve done it a few times in 44 mag.
Yeah, I never get them because I check every round. My kid gets pissed when he comes across one, but he gets over it quickly when I suggest he load his own ammo…

No loading but I have been messing with a 3D printer to make some nice accessories and storage.

Been shooting a lot of 22 lately so I don’t feel as much of an urge to bang out more ammo. I did work on unloading some 308 in lapua brass so I can work up a nice load for my 700.

Yeah, I never get them because I check every round. My kid gets pissed when he comes across one, but he gets over it quickly when I suggest he load his own ammo…
Nice. I definitely will be better at checking them. I know I checked my reloads before some sanctioned matches last year but I totally forgot this time around lol. Doh!

Back
Top Bottom