What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Did you tumble them first? I've picked up outdoor range brass from mud puddles that looked better than that brass. 😂

Thats usually where i get my brass from as well. Being poor sucks . Bring it home wet and throw it in the oven to dry alongside a cat food meatloaf .

@pastera - yes, the seating die is not a perfect match for these bullets. I have a few cnc lathes at my disposal, so it helps.if i need to make anything.

Thats usually where i get my brass from as well. Being poor sucks . Bring it home wet and throw it in the oven to dry alongside a cat food meatloaf .

@pastera - yes, the seating die is not a perfect match for these bullets. I have a few cnc lathes at my disposal, so it helps.if i need to make anything.
One 9mm case of lemishine and a squirt of dish soap in hot water - soak your cases in that and they come out nice and clean - put them in a large plastic jar and shake a little and the process goes much faster.

As far as the seating stem I was going to offer to print out a seating die but if you have access to cnc lathes then cutting a proper fitting stem is pretty easy.

Finally loaded my first 100 rounds outside of the classroom and on my own equipment. Starting out by working up load data for a brace of pistols. 25 rounds of W231 at 4.3-4.6 gr (.1gr increments), will finish 25 rounds at 4.7 and 4.8 gr tomorrow. Berry's 115 gr FMJ, S&B SPP 4,4 Boxer and mixed headstamp once-fired brass.

Will head to the range with the chrono once the temperature drops a few degrees.

Got a bit lazy with the brass prep. Not any more. Tumbled, dried, sorted .308, .45 ACP, and 5.56 for what was staying and what was leaving.

Got a bunch of .45 SP, bagged after sizing and know who to give that garbage to, lol. Took the .45 normal LP that I didn't want and bagged that up as well. Took what I was keeping and primed 200 so far.

Took the .308 that I wasn't keeping and giving it away to a friend that the 45 ACP LP that I also didn't want is going to as well. Same for the .223 from another time.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting the trimming, chamfering, and deburring hard for all of the .308 or 7.62 NATO cases that need it. Hopefully after some priming I'll be able to get some load development done for either 175 Nosler OTM or 175 SMK's. I plan on using TAC since the loads will be for a 20" LR308.

I'd like to start on some 150 FMJ that I already have data for but am a bit short on CFE223 for the moment.

200rds of locally grown 45acp goodness .

View attachment 618006
Im glad to see your not super OCD , a quick clean and ready to load !
Oh and that seating die mark , yeah no its a fragmenting ring !
It may not look great but that ring wont do shit to the end result.
Nice now go shooting , while others are prepping brass, lol

I was going to load 1500-2000 rounds today instead of boiling outside, but the Dillon said NOPE!

I got through 100 rounds of 9mm when I realized all the primers were high. Then when I tried to fix it, I really f’ed it up, and now the 650 doesn’t seat primers, it smashes them because there is some offset. Awesome.

Looking at that makes me sad, lol.

The Frankford FART would work wonders for you. Use with lemishine, unscented and no die dish soap, and stainless pin media that comes with the tumbler.

I don't bother with the pins except when converting 5.56 to 300AAC where the pins take care of any burr missed while trimming.

Cleaning the brass by tumbling.....wet or dry.....isn't just for looks. Dirty brass will wear out your dies faster and requires more force on the press handle when resizing. Just my 2 cents

Ill be picking up one of these soon.

I understand the value in clean brass , sand and grit is harder than some of the dies. That brass was most likely twice fired brass that i picked up from some test rounds. Its dirty but not covered in crap. Bullseye powder leaves a.trail of soot also.

Attachments

• 20220522_083658.jpg
    20220522_083658.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
Unrelated to reloading but in the reloading room (aka safe space!). However, very related to my comfort! I installed a mini split inverter unit (ac and heat). It will replace the ac suitcase unit in the foreground and an oil heater I normally run when needed. All I need now is running water and I’ll never have to go into the house again!

Attachments

• C499F74C-B78C-413B-ABB2-4BEC82910FE4.jpeg
    C499F74C-B78C-413B-ABB2-4BEC82910FE4.jpeg
    430 KB · Views: 15
Took a gamble and threw in a bid on an auction site for 119 pieces of new Grafs 7.5x55 brass. Ended up winning them for $82.50 shipped which beats any pricing I could find online including Graf’s. I don’t need them at the moment but at some point I know I will.

I believe it’s PPU brass8CB90E87-85BB-4D18-9CCD-EE166D58E963.jpegB4CF39C2-73F3-48E4-9962-7A7976BD348A.jpeg

Took a gamble and threw in a bid on an auction site for 119 pieces of new Grafs 7.5x55 brass. Ended up winning them for $82.50 shipped which beats any pricing I could find online including Graf’s. I don’t need them at the moment but at some point I know I will.

I believe it’s PPU brassView attachment 619271View attachment 619272
Is there an auction website for reloading supplies?

Looks like you got it for a steal!

I believe it’s PPU brassView attachment 619271View attachment 619272
I'm just here to reply that your annealing game is on point.

Not specifically. It was on proxibid. They have all kinds of auctions
There was a big lot of reloading stuff in Maine that ended last week. It went for top dollar. Someone paid about $800 (which included the 17% buyers premium) for a box full of primers from that lot. I couldn't tell how many were in there, but I estimated about 10,000

There was a big lot of reloading stuff in Maine that ended last week. It went for top dollar. Someone paid about $800 (which included the 17% buyers premium) for a box full of primers from that lot. I couldn't tell how many were in there, but I estimated about 10,000
Oh wow. I didn’t see that one. Yeah you don’t always find deals on there especially now.
It’s a crapshoot

Oh wow. I didn’t see that one. Yeah you don’t always find deals on there especially now.
It’s a crapshoot
Here was the lot: LOT OF ASSORTED GUN POWDER & POWDER MEASURE KIT | Estate & Personal Property Personal Property | Online Auctions | Proxibid

Came out to be $760 but I think they tack on ME state sales tax as well.

Here was the whole set: Keenan Auction Company, Inc Auction Catalog - 22-47 ESTATE OF ROGER M. BOUFFARD, ARUNDEL, ME Online Auctions | Proxibid

Reloading lots start at #600 or so.

Drives me nuts when sellers won’t have a description for the lot/auction. I’m sure it’s intentional. And they have 3 photos one of which is blurry 🤦🏻‍♂️

Drives me nuts when sellers won’t have a description for the lot/auction. I’m sure it’s intentional. And they have 3 photos one of which is blurry 🤦🏻‍♂️
I agree. I'd hate to find out that all the boxes were empty.

They did have a preview day, but I wasn't driving to Maine to look, knowing the price would be bid up as much as it was.

The efficiencies of the internet make finding true bargains at any online auction almost impossible.

Back
Top Bottom