• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Attachments

• FD6F4578-2305-401A-989E-0362891A0A41.jpeg
    FD6F4578-2305-401A-989E-0362891A0A41.jpeg
    798 KB · Views: 10
Nordic Components 22lr 16" upper. Back then they used stainless barrels now it looks like they switched to blackened SS.

I’ve since sold it and bought their pistol/SBR 9.25" upper. LOVE that thing. Also SS barrel and polished SS bolt.

Although it looks like they use fluted barrels now? That would be a good idea on the 16" as it was rather heavy. I don’t mind the extra weight on the 9.25"
Although fluted would be cool. Would make it that much lighter. One of the photos in the review page on midway shows a fluted barrel. Hmmm. View attachment 553827
Come on Andrew a bi pod on a pistol ….hahaha

Loaded about 400 9mm and 150 or so hollow point 38s to test.
Had a acre back out of the side of the powder measure bell housing and I didn’t get a case flare on the second to last case. Fiddled a bit before I found out what was going on but she’s got red loctite on her now and is socked down good.

Tough crowd here 😂
My nails do look long in that photo. I’ve since cut them. They grow like a weed. I’m cutting them every couple weeks.
They grow like a weed from the manicures and lack of hard work! Lol
Im a auto repair guy. As much as I try to wear gloves my. Hands no matter what I use shy of shedding layers of skin my hands are for ever “messed up”

Im a auto repair guy. As much as I try to wear gloves my. Hands no matter what I use shy of shedding layers of skin my hands are for ever “messed up”
I’m always wearing Tyvek suits, gloves and respirators at work lol. My hands and skin are always protected😂
Though I did get a nasty paper cut last week…🤣

Yup. I do carpentry type crap and break my nails below the skin and cut my hands on a regular basis. Half the time it hurts to touch anything.
Today I was cleaning up some of the shop and when I went to grab a pile of spring clamps one was caught under a corian counter we were working on and it snapped closed on the tip of a finger and split it open. That was at 6:10 this morning. I made it 10 minutes before getting cut.

I’m always wearing Tyvek suits, gloves and respirators at work lol. My hands and skin are always protected😂
Though I did get a nasty paper cut last week…🤣

This is NES, we have a thread for that:

Been awhile since I posted any reloading updates. Been away from the bench for a bit.....hunting season in full swing and that takes alot of my spare time. Anyway.....centerfire bullseye league starts in February so time to get ready. Decided after a trip to the club playing with my handguns to switch from 357 to 45acp this season. My 1911 does extremely well at 50 feet with my 200 grain swc and 4.6 Bullseye. So this morning I decided to go with the theory of Consistency with Bullseye reloads and dug out my 5 gallon pail of once fired 45acp and separated out 400 each winchester headstamp and tossed a batch in the tumbler. League only uses 30 rounds per week so that should be plenty to get me through 8 weeks plus a practice round each night. Should be back at the bench this weekend to start loading them up. Plan is to weigh each charge and be picky about my crimp and oal......

Yup. I do carpentry type crap and break my nails below the skin and cut my hands on a regular basis. Half the time it hurts to touch anything.
Today I was cleaning up some of the shop and when I went to grab a pile of spring clamps one was caught under a corian counter we were working on and it snapped closed on the tip of a finger and split it open. That was at 6:10 this morning. I made it 10 minutes before getting cut.
Spring clamps are a MF’r but they do work well

Back
Top Bottom