• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Anything actually wrong with reaming crimped primer pockets?

I'm sitting here with 2k cases and a drill with a countersink chucked about to blast them all.

Not at all, just try to be consistent with your timing/depth. Do a few and prime them and see what you end up with as a finished product then adjust your procedure from there.

Thanks for the help with the primer pocket reaming. I ended up doing a handful and they primed well, so I did another 250 in my soon to be .300BLK brass.

Hoping that my jig and case trimmer come in soon.

Still need to buy an upper, but want to have everything I need to start right away on load development. Looking like I should be at 15 cents per round on these. Thinking about just going with a 7.5" barrel, so it'll just be for range fun and perhaps a close range coyote gun.

Very cool, I will check out your stuff. :)
A quick OpenScad script

Code:
Hopper_Diam = 2.0;       // Diameter of Poweder Hopper (inches)
Clamp_Height = 1.5;      // Height of clamp (inches)

Note_Height = 5.0;       // Height of note paper (inches)
Note_Width = 3.0;        // Width of Note Paper (inches)
Note_Slot = 0.0625;      // Thickness of slot  (inches)

/* [Hidden] */
inch = 25.4 + 0;
clamp_thickness = 3;     // mm
note_thickness = 3;     // mm
$fn=72;
module clamp() {
    difference(){
        cylinder(h = Clamp_Height *inch,r = Hopper_Diam * inch +clamp_thickness * 2);
        translate([0,0,-.1]) {
           cylinder(h = Clamp_Height*inch+.2, r = Hopper_Diam * inch-.05 );
            translate([Hopper_Diam * inch *.9,-Hopper_Diam/4 * inch,0]) cube([clamp_thickness *4,(Hopper_Diam/2) * inch, Clamp_Height *inch + .2]);
        }
    }
}
module note() {
    difference() {
        cube([note_thickness * 2 + Note_Slot * inch, Note_Width *inch + 2 * note_thickness, Note_Height * inch +  note_thickness]);

translate([note_thickness,note_thickness,note_thickness-2]) cube([ Note_Slot * inch,Note_Width *inch, Note_Height * inch + 3 + note_thickness]);
       translate([-note_thickness,2*note_thickness,3*note_thickness]) cube([ note_thickness *2,Note_Width *inch -note_thickness*2, Note_Height * inch - note_thickness + 1]);
    }
}

clamp();
translate([-((Hopper_Diam+ Note_Slot) * inch + clamp_thickness + note_thickness *2),-(Note_Width *inch + 2 * note_thickness)/2,0])
note();

hopper_Note.png

I've got plenty of primers, I like the dispensers

They can be printed in a couple sizes for CCI, Winchester, etc. Don’t have one for the giant Federal primer boxes though. They take awhile to print but if you wanted, I could do a couple at cost depending where you are. Shipping likely cost more than the filament.

They can be printed in a couple sizes for CCI, Winchester, etc. Don’t have one for the giant Federal primer boxes though. They take awhile to print but if you wanted, I could do a couple at cost depending where you are. Shipping likely cost more than the filament.

Cool thanks! I use mainly Win and CCI. I think I have one of those giant Federal boxes that's half full.

View attachment 478074

Test loads for my new Noe mold ready to roll. Noe model # 360-152-SWC-V5 4 cavity gas check. 38 special up first. Hi-tek coat and Hornady gas checks put them around 153-154gr.
Looking good. Looks a little thick on the coating. I would try a little less coating and don’t shake as long.

How did they do on the wipe and smash test?

Hi-tek coat and Hornady gas checks put them around 153-154gr.
Are gas checks needed? I was under the impression that the coating was tough enough to go without them. I have been pushing my pistol loads around FMJ velocities with high tek coated projectiles, and haven't had issues yet.

Is this the one you are using?

If so then they are about $2 each if you account for power in the cost.

Is this the one you are using?

If so then they are about $2 each if you account for power in the cost.

Pretty sure I use the model that is remixed FROM. Also, idk how long it takes you to print them? Go ahead and print a bunch for people. It takes me 12 hours to print one so doing a bunch is a favor in time babysitting the printer not so much material cost as I typically have a 70-80 hour work week.

Pretty sure I use the model that is remixed FROM. Also, idk how long it takes you to print them? Go ahead and print a bunch for people. It takes me 12 hours to print one so doing a bunch is a favor in time babysitting the printer not so much material cost as I typically have a 70-80 hour work week.
CURA is telling me just under 2 days for 7 - I don't babysit the printer much anymore (sometimes this results in a rather large mess to clean up)

But you are right about it being a favor - even at $10/each it wouldn't be worth the money.

I have several unpublished designs for cycling that I could commercialize but don't because it's not worth the hassle and cyclists are not afraid to spend money (unlike a lot of reloaders)

Are gas checks needed? I was under the impression that the coating was tough enough to go without them. I have been pushing my pistol loads around FMJ velocities with high tek coated projectiles, and haven't had issues yet.
Not needed really. I guess it helps when trying to push some higher velocities with rifle cartridges.

Back
Top Bottom