What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Can you widen those pockets? Might be worth buying a reamer from McMaster.com for preserving the less popular brass sizes. You'd only need one for small primer and one for large
I'd borrow a swager and try that before discarding a bunch of otherwise good brass.

I do agree, S&B primer pockets can be a pain but in all the S&B pistol brass I've reprimed over the years, they all work.

I use Win primers and they seem to conform better.....my experience with CCI primers has been less than stellar.
Dont toss the brass. I have an RCBS swaging die that I could lend you if you want to go that route.
Amazon product ASIN B07PXD5LVBView: https://www.amazon.com/RCBS-Primer-Pocket-Swager-Combo-2/dp/B07PXD5LVB

Could also hit the pockets with a counter sink bit to allow easier seating start. Pm me if you want to borrow the swager. If you do toss the brass, toss it towards me.

Good luck
Yeah I could. I have a TON of 30-30 brass and only 50 of them are S&B so no real loss if I scrap em. I did try using my Lyman primer pocket reamer head chucked into my drill. Made no difference at all. Maybe the swaging die could work but the effort and cost isn’t worth it to me 😂
I got enough 30-30 brass to last my lifetime at the rate I shoot it.

So I loaded the last of the coated bullets with trail boss in 30-30 and had 2 primed cases left. I have a partial box of Hornady 110 gr soft point bullets for the 30 carbine. Low and behold my Lyman manual has 30-30 load data for these with IMR-4064. Starting charge is 31 grains which damn near filled the whole case lol. Max charge was 35 gr which the manual said was compressed. No interest in compressed loads so I loaded them with 31 gr.

I’d imagine the blast will be impressive.
8EC12A00-3325-411F-BEA6-1C1BDBA0FF5A.jpeg

Loaded 150 380acp last night on my 550c. 100gr xtreme 100gr RNFP over 2.8gr of AA no. 2.

I had a couple primers flip. Well, that's annoying!! Will i be able to decap the flipped primers (after I pull the bullets, of course)? They're CCI 500 primers. Seems to me pretty probable to ignite with the decapping pin pushing down like a firing pin!

Yeah I could. I have a TON of 30-30 brass and only 50 of them are S&B so no real loss if I scrap em. I did try using my Lyman primer pocket reamer head chucked into my drill. Made no difference at all. Maybe the swaging die could work but the effort and cost isn’t worth it to me 😂

So I loaded the last of the coated bullets with trail boss in 30-30 and had 2 primed cases left. I have a partial box of Hornady 110 gr soft point bullets for the 30 carbine. Low and behold my Lyman manual has 30-30 load data for these with IMR-4064. Starting charge is 31 grains which damn near filled the whole case lol. Max charge was 35 gr which the manual said was compressed. No interest in compressed loads so I loaded them with 31 gr.

View attachment 470125

Looking forward to the range report on these! I might try it myself

Loaded 150 380acp last night on my 550c. 100gr xtreme 100gr RNFP over 2.8gr of AA no. 2.

I had a couple primers flip. Well, that's annoying!! Will i be able to decap the flipped primers (after I pull the bullets, of course)? They're CCI 500 primers. Seems to me pretty probable to ignite with the decapping pin pushing down like a firing pin!
They're unlikely to go off if you decap slowly.

They won't go off as long as you don't hit them hard with the decapping pin. Slow approach, once you feel contact pull with normal effort. The primer will pop out pretty easily because it hasn't been fire formed.

View attachment 470125

They'll be zipping right along for sure. I used to load up a couple of handfuls of 110 carbine bullets in .308 eack range trip for a bolt gun....the velocity is impressive and accuracy at 100yds was very good. Used to shoot the bottom end of the tannerite bottles when they were packaged that way before the current jar type.

I noticed that 8 out of 10 times the last primer out of my tube will be flipped or sitting all cockeyed dunno why but I’ve made it a habit to always check it.

Last night I was loading 9mm, and since the tray I pick the bullets out of was almost empty I dumped a box into it. And noticed after I'd picked up a couple that the box I dumped in was 147; which I thought I was out of. Duh.

So, after sorting them, I moved the 147 over to a different location so I wouldn't make that mistake again. Which lead me to deciding I need more 124 since I have (2) boxes less than I thought I did.

I put in an order about an hour ago for 3K of 124 9mm - and I just got the emails saying "Your order has been shipped".

If only getting primers was that easy...

Last night I was loading 9mm, and since the tray I pick the bullets out of was almost empty I dumped a box into it. And noticed after I'd picked up a couple that the box I dumped in was 147; which I thought I was out of. Duh.

So, after sorting them, I moved the 147 over to a different location so I wouldn't make that mistake again. Which lead me to deciding I need more 124 since I have (2) boxes less than I thought I did.

I put in an order about an hour ago for 3K of 124 9mm - and I just got the emails saying "Your order has been shipped".

If only getting primers was that easy...
?!? Who's the vendor? Ive been waiting on Blue Bullets to ship (to my uncle out of state) since February.

?!? Who's the vendor? Ive been waiting on Blue Bullets to ship (to my uncle out of state) since February.
I've found that Xtreme ships very fast , and they always have some in stock. I ordered from Blue Bullets last year and it took months to get my order , I'll never order from them again.

Ive always liked BB. Maybe theyre a bit of a mom and pop operation and theyre having trouble keeping up?
Don't get me wrong , the bullets were fine , and the website did say that they were backed up. My biggest complaint is that they instantly charge your credit card , and in my opinion I shouldn't be paying until my order is being shipped. I'm sure plenty of people will think differently about my opinion ,but that is how I feel.

Ive always liked BB. Maybe theyre a bit of a mom and pop operation and theyre having trouble keeping up?
I got my last BB order in like November. I have began buying from other bullet makers like Eggleston, ACME, Summit City, Xtreme, and TB Bullets since they don’t take 3 months to arrive.

Set up the new 44 mag dies on the turret. I got my first 4 die set.....damn I wish I got 4 die sets instead of 3 due sets for my other calibers. Way easier to set up the oal and crimp and I feel after Making 50 rounds of 44 mag that it does a much better job at crimping than the seat/crimp combo.

Don't get me wrong , the bullets were fine , and the website did say that they were backed up. My biggest complaint is that they instantly charge your credit card , and in my opinion I shouldn't be paying until my order is being shipped. I'm sure plenty of people will think differently about my opinion ,but that is how I feel.

Its not just opinion, its law. They can't charge you for something unless they are shipping within I believe 30 days.

Got my RMR order from 1/2, no big deal, they said a three month wait up front. My mailman did not like the packaging though, 4k bullets in a small box is definitely heavy. I'm actually surprised the box made it without being damaged.

Got my RMR order from 1/2, no big deal, they said a three month wait up front. My mailman did not like the packaging though, 4k bullets in a small box is definitely heavy. I'm actually surprised the box made it without being damaged.

Most of the bullets I order come shrink wrapped in 1/2” of plastic. Even if the box dies, those bullets aren’t going anywhere lol

View attachment 470125
Just got back from the range. These 110 grainers shot pretty well. Similar blast/noise as my 150 gr jacketed loads, but the recoil wasn’t as harsh. I might bump it up to 32 gr and call it a day. Not doing a bunch of testing as these are just plinking rounds. And the Marlin is accurate but not a benchrest gun obviously.

Organized the reloading area a bit today, screen door open due to the nice weather.

Made up some 30-06 for the M1s and some 6.5x55 for the Swedish Mauser.

I think I'll take a little break and maybe mix it up and do some pistol, or maybe .223.

Back
Top Bottom