What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Don't mean to derail this thread too much but I just looked at the powder prices from a south shore gun shop in the dealer classifieds. JFC.
I know prices on components are have gone up and are going to go up more but holy crap.

I mean yeah at least it's available to buy but damn...

Don't mean to derail this thread too much but I just looked at the powder prices from a south shore gun shop in the dealer classifieds. JFC.
I know prices on components are have gone up and are going to go up more but holy crap.

Holy shit, I just got 4 pounds of 20/28 for $80 and I don't even use it!

Last edited:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

Going to sell off my stash of HP-38, $50 a pound? Am I reading that correctly?

Last edited:
Going to sell of my stash of HP-38, $50 a pound? Am I reading that correctly?
Nuts, I haven't been paying that for HP-38 or W231. Very recent order, including hazmat and shipping was $32.03 per 1 pounder for W231 (total of 5 containers of powder in that box).

Last edited:
I was loading up some more .45 colt and decided to load a few of the 250gr XTP bullets I have.

I really like how my cast 250gr RNFP shoot at 1,000 fps.

Anyone know how slow I can push a Hornady XTP and still get expansion? I looked at the site and couldn't find the info. They seem pretty soft.

I was loading up some more .45 colt and decided to load a few of the 250gr XTP bullets I have.

I really like how my cast 250gr RNFP shoot at 1,000 fps.

Anyone know how slow I can push a Hornady XTP and still get expansion? I looked at the site and couldn't find the info. They seem pretty soft.
Looks like they should still expand at 1000 fps

Define “need” lol

I have some. Some is never enough. Thanks to a friend, a few LPP were available recently. Text me, we can talk.

I did this bc I was more curious than desperate.
I am the last person to define the term "need", especially "want vs need". The absolute wrong person.

I have extra. Have to do some things with the woman in the morning, shoot you a text after. She gets pissed if I pull out the phone at church. I always figure if a lightning bolt from jesus doesn't get me on entry, I should be good to use my phone. She thinks otherwise.

Yesterday I loaded the last of my 30 carbine brass followed by a bunch of 44 mag to finish off the last of my H110. I only have a handful of 44 mag brass left but I think I’ll load them with 2400. I’ve never tried 2400 in 44 mag, just 357. I’m sure it will make for some slightly softer shooting in the desert eagle😂

Pretty sure I have 30 carbine brass downstairs. Idk how much. I have dies too... never set them up, don’t shoot the carbines much.
I’m probably good on brass. I think I have like 1200 rounds loaded lol. And like you I don’t shoot mine very often. If it gets out to the range 1-2 times per year that’s a lot.

I did something incredibly stupid last night when I was reloading 44 mag. Never done this before. I think I was tired or something 😂

Anyway, I somehow managed to place a bullet on the case that was about to be charged with powder...needless to say I spilled a bunch of H110 all over the press and my floor. It hurt seeing all that powder go to waste😭

I did something incredibly stupid last night when I was reloading 44 mag. Never done this before. I think I was tired or something 😂

Anyway, I somehow managed to place a bullet on the case that was about to be charged with powder...needless to say I spilled a bunch of H110 all over the press and my floor. It hurt seeing all that powder go to waste😭
Ouch! I get that feeling when I accidentally prime a 380 when loading 9.
Damnit!

Back
Top Bottom