What did you do in the reloading room recently?

It's all about practice. Repetitive motions. I usually hold pocket cleaner and uniformer at the same time then swap for reamer when doing brass. But still thinking of prep machine looking at 5 gallon bucket of brass

View attachment 466713
Started trimming brass with the new TriWay trimmer. Daughter has 7 boxes of brass that she collected over time. Really surprised she picked up her brass, considering she never picked up her room. Trimmed for about two yesterday afternoon.
Nice! How u liking the triway? I’m looking between that and the wft for bulk 223 stuff.

Loaded up a handful of rounds with 250gr .452 XTP with a max charge of H110 and headed to the range.

Was feeling too good about myself and needed a humbling moment. 1,650 fps and 1,500 fpe from a pistol caliber was just what I needed.

I hit the target with the first shot and then proceeded to blow up my target stand with the next.

45 Colt out of a lever rifle. I miss my Ruger Blackhawk. I should pick up another one.

If you start seriously considering getting a Ruger Blackhawk, reach out to me. I have one, plus ammo, that's turned into a safe queen.
It's in Georgia right now, but my current plans are to be in CT from about the middle of May until the first week of October.

If you start seriously considering getting a Ruger Blackhawk, reach out to me. I have one, plus ammo, that's turned into a safe queen.
It's in Georgia right now, but my current plans are to be in CT from about the middle of May until the first week of October.
Awesome. I'll reach out when I decide my rifle needs a partner.

Waiting for .45, 9mm and .223 bullets. Should all be here by the weekend. Get to test out some of the BR-5 powder in the .45 and with some 147gr 9mm.

Took a ride by my local gun shop the other day.....the shelves are completely bare except for a few five packs of 12ga slugs over in one corner. No powders, no primers, no ammo, no bullets, a couple of buckets of range pick up brass in front of the counter but the place is cleaned out.
Nobody wanted any of the bricks of .22LR I consigned there a couple of months ago at a "very" reasonable price and I ended up taking them back home after two weeks. Not a problem.....I like shooting .22s😊

The guy is also a machinist and gunsmith and said that repairs are coming in steady so he's not hurting. Everything in his shop is long paid for, he has no overhead. Good position to be in these days.

EDIT TO ADD: I was just looking through a bin that I had Tula berdan primers stored in and discovered that one of the cases in it was actually 5k Wolf small rifle boxer primers. Oh happy day!!! Sometimes it pays to have the ways of a 🐿.😆

Last edited:
Waiting for .45, 9mm and .223 bullets. Should all be here by the weekend. Get to test out some of the BR-5 powder in the .45 and with some 147gr 9mm.

Took a ride by my local gun shop the other day.....the shelves are completely bare except for a few five packs of 12ga slugs over in one corner. No powders, no primers, no ammo, no bullets, a couple of buckets of range pick up brass in front of the counter but the place is cleaned out.
Nobody wanted any of the bricks of .22LR I consigned there a couple of months ago at a "very" reasonable price and I ended up taking them back home after two weeks. Not a problem.....I like shooting .22s😊

The guy is also a machinist and gunsmith and said that repairs are coming in steady so he's not hurting. Everything in his shop is long paid for, he has no overhead. Good position to be in these days.

EDIT TO ADD: I was just looking through a bin that I had Tula berdan primers stored in and discovered that one of the cases in it was actually 5k Wolf small rifle boxer primers. Oh happy day!!! Sometimes it pays to have the ways of a 🐿.😆
what brand of 22 and how much$

The First load with my new Dillon Square Deal b... it worked out ok, not quite what I thought it would be... but maybe it’s just me. Will work on more tonight and see how that goes, I wanna give it a fair shake and use it for a bit and see how it goes..... but I have to be honest, I’m not impressed with it... but like I said earlier it might be me.

Attachments

• 7286163D-BE81-471F-B89D-FFA95866126A.jpeg
    7286163D-BE81-471F-B89D-FFA95866126A.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 8D3C968D-A134-4EDB-9C80-99676FE4B8DE.jpeg
    8D3C968D-A134-4EDB-9C80-99676FE4B8DE.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom