What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Ok was just curious because there are lots of guys that think Buffalo Bore heavy 357 mag loads are not "safe" in snubs. That is false.
The bottom of my trigger finger is scared of the trigger guard just thinking about it. I mean technically it may be safe, but what an awful idea.

If you are poor and thinking of upgrading to a progressive (I do consider myself one) = these Lee progressive presses are currently available (9mm progressive + 45 ACP progressive + 357 progressive + 38sp Progressive + 223 progressive):

PV has = Hornady .224 / 22 55 gr Full Metal Jacket-Boat Tail Bullets With Cannelure (if you can get there before its OOS)

2000 for $48.00

Not quite. They way they do their pricing is very confusing, but when you order 2,000, it is actually 4 bags of 500, discounted for the quantity you are buying.

In other words, it is $192 for the 2,000 bullets.

Not quite. They way they do their pricing is very confusing, but when you order 2,000, it is actually 4 bags of 500, discounted for the quantity you are buying.

Still good prices. I miss surplus pulled projos and powder for training ammo. Those were the days.

Yep. I looked at it real fast and that's what the pricing came-up at when I clicked on the 2000 count drop down menu window.

$192 makes more sense (price-wise).

Setup the press for .45 ACP and loaded 50 rounds with the new Lee Factory crimping die and DAA powder expander. MUCH better results.

View attachment 461052

I will find out this weekend if these old Winchester primers still work.

How did 700 meter for you?
Last time I tried it, it metered like oatmeal on a sq deal.

How did 700 meter for you?
Last time I tried it, it metered like oatmeal on a sq deal.

Yeah it doesn’t meter as well as TAC that’s for sure. Still, +/-0.1 grains is perfectly fine for .45 out of a pistol. 700x definitely compacts on settling so as long as the conditions are consistent when measuring, it is good enough for pistol.

That being said, I would probably have been better to use HP38/Win231 for .45 since I already use it for 9mm but I will wait to make that call until I see how clean it is.

Last edited:
Bullet puller hammer came today. Smacked some cases apart and salvaged the components. The dogs hate it as much as the whack a mole lee loader I have.
I got the rcbs smacker puller a few weeks ago. It works great. I learned quick that the best way to use it is multiple light taps to ease the bullet out rather than hard hits. Not as noisy and it was actually faster. I pulled a few hundred 357 loads with it very quickly.

Setup the press for .45 ACP and loaded 50 rounds with the new Lee Factory crimping die and DAA powder expander. MUCH better results.

View attachment 461052

I will find out this weekend if these old Winchester primers still work.
Oh boy 700x powder. That stuff meters like doritos. I have half a can left it was the first powder I bought to reload with.....metered so bad I had to weigh each load on the scale individually. I switched to bullseye for 38 and 45acp and never looked back. Bullseye meters perfectly in my powder drop and imo is the perfect powder for 45acp. It's all I've ever used for that caliber.

Yeah it doesn’t meter as well as TAC that’s for sure. Still, +/-0.01 grains is perfectly fine for .45 out if a pistol. 700x definitely compacts on settling so as long as the conditions are consistent when measuring, it is good enough for pistol.

That being said, I would probably have been better to use HP38/Win231 for .45 since I already use it for 9mm but I will wait to make that call until I see how clean it is.
You got 700x to meter Plus or minus .01? What powder delivery are you using? I couldn't get mine to meter better than plus or minus .05 through a Lee perfect powder drop.....or even using Lee dippers......which are usually very accurate.

I got the rcbs smacker puller a few weeks ago. It works great. I learned quick that the best way to use it is multiple light taps to ease the bullet out rather than hard hits. Not as noisy and it was actually faster. I pulled a few hundred 357 loads with it very quickly.
Get a slab of lead to smash it on or even a good chunk of hardwood

You got 700x to meter Plus or minus .01? What powder delivery are you using? I couldn't get mine to meter better than plus or minus .05 through a Lee perfect powder drop.....or even using Lee dippers......which are usually very accurate.
You guys must drive yourself nuts going Two digits to the right of the decimal on powder charges.

My cement basement floor is perfect. I set my task stool low.....just low enough that I can reach the floor with the head if the hammer. 5 to 6 quick light taps and it's out.
You'll ruin the puller on concrete.

The end grain of a piece of yellow pine 2x4 or or a piece of hardwood firewood is much better to preserve the hammer end.

The heavy bullets are easy due to their mass. Wait until you try to remove a fractured frangible in .223 or even 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom