What did you do in the reloading room recently?

The McD's straw is an absolute must for the Chargemaster. It makes a world of difference.

Also if you have a Chargemaster you should take the time to learn how to tweak the background settings. Mine throws a LOT faster and doesnt have overthrows after I tweaked the numbers.

Screenshot_20210224-131652_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210224-131502_Chrome.jpg

The McD's straw is an absolute must for the Chargemaster. It makes a world of difference.

Also if you have a Chargemaster you should take the time to learn how to tweak the background settings. Mine throws a LOT faster and doesnt have overthrows after I tweaked the numbers.

View attachment 454341View attachment 454342
I have the lite I thought I read somewhere you can’t reprogram it but might be wrong. I watched a good video today from F class John on YouTube and he runs two identical weight charge cups I think this is a great idea to speed things up a bit as well. The factory pan sucks anyways.

What’s up with the sleepy bullets lol. I just got done swaging 2-300 pieces and sprayed a bunch up with lanolin so they ready to size up tonight after daddy duty.

It's about bullet stabilization.
Every bullet yaws when it leaves the muzzle.
Some a little, some a lot.
After a while, they "go to sleep" and loose that yaw.

There's many factors that contribute to bullet yaw.
Bullet design, muzzle condition, velocity, twist rate, barrel harmonics, and phase of the moon to name just a few.
Big heavy flat base cast bullets launched at black powder velocities take a while to settle down and fly straight.
Modern jacketed bullets fired at "normal" smokeless powder velocities stabilize quite quickly.

They all yaw when they leave you muzzle though.

I have to wonder if I should mention the term "spin drift" :)

C

It's about bullet stabilization.
Every bullet yaws when it leaves the muzzle.
Some a little, some a lot.
After a while, they "go to sleep" and loose that yaw.

There's many factors that contribute to bullet yaw.
Bullet design, muzzle condition, velocity, twist rate, barrel harmonics, and phase of the moon to name just a few.
Big heavy flat base cast bullets launched at black powder velocities take a while to settle down and fly straight.
Modern jacketed bullets fired at "normal" smokeless powder velocities stabilize quite quickly.

They all yaw when they leave you muzzle though.

I have to wonder if I should mention the term "spin drift" :)

C
I looked it up last night lol. There are definately a lot of variables at play once you start stretching it out.

I stretched it out today for first time. Went right to 3 and 400. I don’t have a chrono so used some roundabouts data for my load in geobalistics and it called for 1.2mil at 300 at it put me right on the money. It called for 2 mil at 400 but I ended up having to go up to 2.2 and that was money. Now the windage was a little trickier at 400 I was having to hold anywhere from .3-.5 mill. Wind was roughly 5-10 blowing to my 8 o clock. Last two shots of the day I was able to ring a 3” plate at 400 so I called it a wrap to end on a good note.

man this is gonna be fun !

I don't have trouble with my clamps and I don't need more holes in my workbench so it will stay like this.

What I did have trouble with is the sizing of my Whiddon .308 dies doesn't fit into the Wilson case holder without a fair bit of force. Then it takes a solid whack or two with a punch to get them out again. Hoping this will get straightened out once the brass is processed by my AR308.
When I only bump the brass, it is in between the new and fired holder. Sized just enough so the "fired" holder is too big, and just a hair to small for the "new". The new works, but it doesn't stick out as far as it should.

When I only bump the brass, it is in between the new and fired holder. Sized just enough so the "fired" holder is too big, and just a hair to small for the "new". The new works, but it doesn't stick out as far as it should.
This good point and I’m sure each die will yield a slightly different dimension. I’m bumping 2 thou and mine are pretty much centered in the holder and showing the neck and shoulder. I did read on LE Wilson website if u send them a cpl peices of brass and the holder they will hone it for like 10 bucks.

Deprimed and sized 50 .45 Colt brass.

Went to the shop to let them know that I have a transfer coming in. Looks like it'll be a month before I have the rifle in hand.

Got to source some bullets now.

There's a brand new manufacturer who is 15 minutes from my house who is selling HT coated cast bullets dirt cheap and has them in stock right now.

I'll go up and get 500 this weekend to try them out.

Last edited:

Went to the shop to let them know that I have a transfer coming in. Looks like it'll be a month before I have the rifle in hand.

There's a brand new manufacturer who is 15 minutes from my house who is selling powder coated cast bullets dirt cheap and has them in stock right now.

Share the wealth!

Share the wealth!
Ha just needed to get my order in first.

It's a new guy with a company up in Manchester, NH. Shipping 2 weeks out on all orders and free shipping on 1k bullets. Also offers free pickup at his place.

I'm not sure about the whole issue of shipping to Mass, but if anyone needs, just have him ship to my house and I can take a delivery in Southern, NH for people on here. Not sure if I'm supposed to say his name on here since the whole shipping to Mass rules.

I finally got to test some of my loads I made with WSF powder. I'm really happy with them! I used 6.0 grains under a Speer 230gr lead RN in 45acp and it was dead on at 25 yds and was pleasant to shoot. Also loaded 6.0gr under a 180gr jacketed 10mm which was also a good shooter and hit point of aim at 25yds. I did some plated 180gr 10mm too but I think the jacketed performed better. Gonna load up a bunch more of each!

Last edited:
USPS guy is going to hate me.

The 9mm bullets I ordered in October arrived this week.

The order I placed beginning of January just shipped.

The order I placed beginning of Feb just shipped.

I’m going to have 200 pounds of 9mm bullets lmao
Are they from ibejiheads? I’m still waiting for what I ordered.

There's a brand new manufacturer who is 15 minutes from my house who is selling HT coated cast bullets dirt cheap and has them in stock right now.

I know of a vendor who’s got 1k Powerbond (plated) 45 colt 250 gr flat point bullets in stock for $156 shipped. Ships fast too. I’ll send you a PM

2/3 of them yes
Well at least I know they’re still in business.... I guess I’ll eventually get them... I wouldn’t be too concerned if they answered an email... I have sent 4 emails and yet no reply! I would be happy with a hello... still “processing“ my order from October...
I know, I know Michael... I need to learn how to do my own and not have to rely on these companies for my Bullets..... 😆

View attachment 454341View attachment 454342
I see myself screwing around with mine this weekend. Thanks!

USPS guy is going to hate me.

The 9mm bullets I ordered in October arrived this week.

The order I placed beginning of January just shipped.

The order I placed beginning of Feb just shipped.

I’m going to have 200 pounds of 9mm bullets lmao
Not even a small fraction of the material weight he needs to move everyday. Plus it is his job.

Well at least I know they’re still in business.... I guess I’ll eventually get them... I wouldn’t be too concerned if they answered an email... I have sent 4 emails and yet no reply! I would be happy with a hello... still “processing“ my order from October...
I know, I know Michael... I need to learn how to do my own and not have to rely on these companies for my Bullets..... 😆
You could be one of the elite. We can show you the secret handshake. You’ll get the membership card and key ring fob.
You can’t afford not to do it.

Picked up my 3k of PowerBond 230gr plated .45 bullets this morning from the post office. Loaded and tested a few then proceeded to load up 200 more.
I have the brass all ready to load and will likely be spending several hours a day at the press tonight and through the weekend.
They actually came a day ahead of schedule which is fine by me.😀

Back
Top Bottom