What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Loaded up a hundred freedom seeds

125gr Acme Lrn over CFE Pistol with a hint of Winchester Primers

Anyone have issues with Geco brass that crap ran rough through the 550. It sized like crap and didn’t like taking primers either.

Similar experiences with the 650. I generally toss em when I see em but they still sneak through

The "other reloading room", well, actually my wife's kitchen.

It rained the entire day Saturday. All of my gear got pretty damp, including my guns and magazines.
20 minutes in the oven at "warm", took care of the mags - and my wife turned the oven on for me!
View attachment 450758
Nice to see, I dont feel so bad now. I was starting to think I was developing a mag-buying problem but I guess not. I gotta bump those numbers up apparently [laugh]

Nice to see, I dont feel so bad now. I was starting to think I was developing a mag-buying problem but I guess not. I gotta bump those numbers up apparently [laugh]
Is that considered a lot of mags? Seriously question because if only had that many pistol mags I'd immediately buy another 50.

Even with Dawson extensions bases 50 Gxx 9mm mags is only 1100 rounds if loaded ammo

Look in that case see if you blew a new flash hole. From the pick it looks like the right side shears off but the right side looks like it was pushed towards the case mouth. Could it have not been seated in shellholder correct causing it to go into due sideways. View attachment 450847
I have a semi junk shell holder I modified, I tried grabbing it and pulling it out a couple of times. Didn't work. Before this, there was a few where the primers didn't get punched out all the way. When I pulled the pin out of the die, it was bent. Maybe that was the problem, bent decapping pin/rod? Just glad I had two extras kicking around.
I miss cheap steel ammo already. :(

I placed an Ibeji order in October and haven’t heard a word from him. That’s 4+ months. I’d cancel the order but they aren’t responding to email
I think during the last "crisis" I ordered a couple of thousand from Ibeji. Took way longer than expected, couldn't get a hold of the kid, wanted to cancel, but couldn't. Then one day, poof, they showed up. It was a long time. I know a lot of guys like him and his bullets, but I wouldn't order from him again. I hate piss poor communication. Doesn't take much to answer a few emails a day.

I placed an Ibeji order in October and haven’t heard a word from him. That’s 4+ months. I’d cancel the order but they aren’t responding to email

Might be time to make a phone call

• Using this website.
  • Ordering by Phone. Please contact 1-646-737-3948.
  • Sending us an e-mail at [email protected]
Please feel free contact us at 1-646-737-3948 if you have any questions.

Might be time to make a phone call

• Using this website.
  • Ordering by Phone. Please contact 1-646-737-3948.
  • Sending us an e-mail at [email protected]
Please feel free contact us at 1-646-737-3948 if you have any questions.
I too love Ibejiheads Bullets.. and I myself have been waiting for an order from November of 2020, I have emailed, I sent about 5 and have called at least 6 times, no answer no reply and no way to leave a voicemail as there mailbox is always full... I have since moved on... its too bad they make a great product...

Is that considered a lot of mags? Seriously question because if only had that many pistol mags I'd immediately buy another 50.

Even with Dawson extensions bases 50 Gxx 9mm mags is only 1100 rounds if loaded ammo

[kiss] You make me feel better about myself, thank you. It's nice to know that someone is more of a hoarder than I am.

On a serious note, well sort of - those are my match/practice mags.

I mostly shoot a G17 or G34 - I have 60 loaded magazines for them on the shelf.
I occasionally shoot a G48 or 43X, I have 10 magazines for them.
Likewise for the G43 - I have 10 magazines for it.
I rarely shoot the G31 - I have 20 magazines for it.

Then I have magazines loaded with defensive ammo:
20 for the G17/34
4 for the G43X/G48
2 for the G43
0 for the G31

That's the Glocks which are the ones I shoot the most. Then I have anywhere from 3 to 10 mags for every other gun - Buckmarks, Kimbers, Rugers, Sigs - they're all range toys except for the HonorGuard which is my wife's carry gun - got 6 mags for that.

And then there are the rifles...

So, in some circles - IT'S AN ARSENAL - in other circles - ROOKIE NUMBERS.

I too love Ibejiheads Bullets.. and I myself have been waiting for an order from November of 2020, I have emailed, I sent about 5 and have called at least 6 times, no answer no reply and no way to leave a voicemail as there mailbox is always full... I have since moved on... its too bad they make a great product...
Again, this is a few years back. But, when I finally got my "order", it wasn't what I even ordered. Half was correct, the other half was a different weight than I ordered.

From my view the goal should be all ammo in mags because if it's not in a mag it's not really useful in a gun fight. Unfortunately I am not holding true to that myself, but I do have thousands of rounds of 9mm and 223 in mags and all 4 people in the house have firearms that use the same mags.

HA!!! Rec'd a reply from my January email: "Hope you and your family are doing well. We apologize for the delay in your order as we are operating currently with very limited staff amidst the spike in orders. Your first case of 145g RN is shipping out today, 2/16/2, Your second case will be shipping out Monday, 2/22/21. Stay Safe."

HA!!! Rec'd a reply from my January email: "Hope you and your family are doing well. We apologize for the delay in your order as we are operating currently with very limited staff amidst the spike in orders. Your first case of 145g RN is shipping out today, 2/16/2, Your second case will be shipping out Monday, 2/22/21. Stay Safe."
Ok, hopefully I get an email soon!! Sounds like there is hope!

I cant even think how backup small manufactures can be. Ugh .

My wife bought me a Dillon XL650 as my first press a couple of years ago as a Christmas present.
She spent a bit of time researching, and got help from a buddy of mine down the street that reloads.
Bought it setup for 9mm, with a casefeeder.

My buddy and my son helped me set it up and showed me how to use it.
My first couple of hundred rounds were a mixed batch, some good, some bad, some "meh".
After that I had a pretty good idea of what I was doing.

I load lots of 9mm, and smaller quantities of .357Sig, .38Spcl, and .357Mag - I'm about to add .45ACP to that list.
Even with the swappable toolheads, I found it was a pain to swap to one of the other setups only to go right back to 9mm.

I had the room, I had the money - I bought another pretty much identical 650 a while ago.
The original is setup on the left and always used for 9mm, the other is used for the other loads.

Last week I ordered a large primer unit from Dillon, as soon as the backordered dies come in I can start loading .45ACP.

I read lots of people saying on different forums that you should learn to load with a single station press.
Maybe that's true for precision rifle rounds - I didn't find that to be true for what I'm doing - cranking out decent pistol rounds.
I really like the XL650.
I started on a friend's 550 and he had a 650 on another bench. He said now that you have the hang of it try the 650. I bought one a few days later. Loaded on it for 5 years, traded it for a few really nice guns and drank the cool aid early when Mk7 released their Evolution. The Evo is like a 1050 on steroids....but I have a soft spot for the 650....great loader.

My wife bought me a Dillon XL650 as my first press a couple of years ago as a Christmas present.
She spent a bit of time researching, and got help from a buddy of mine down the street that reloads.
Bought it setup for 9mm, with a casefeeder.

My buddy and my son helped me set it up and showed me how to use it.
My first couple of hundred rounds were a mixed batch, some good, some bad, some "meh".
After that I had a pretty good idea of what I was doing.

I load lots of 9mm, and smaller quantities of .357Sig, .38Spcl, and .357Mag - I'm about to add .45ACP to that list.
Even with the swappable toolheads, I found it was a pain to swap to one of the other setups only to go right back to 9mm.

I had the room, I had the money - I bought another pretty much identical 650 a while ago.
The original is setup on the left and always used for 9mm, the other is used for the other loads.

Last week I ordered a large primer unit from Dillon, as soon as the backordered dies come in I can start loading .45ACP.

I read lots of people saying on different forums that you should learn to load with a single station press.
Maybe that's true for precision rifle rounds - I didn't find that to be true for what I'm doing - cranking out decent pistol rounds.
I really like the XL650.
I started on a friend's 550 and he had a 650 on another bench. He said now that you have the hang of it try the 650. I bought one a few days later. Loaded on it for 5 years, traded it for a few really nice guns and drank the cool aid early when Mk7 released their Evolution. The Evo is like a 1050 on steroids....but I have a soft spot for the 650....great loader

I just renewed my permit with the local FD and I checked out the NFPA 2015 code they go by in Mass. According to the code, you can have up to 10,000 primers without a permit or anything.

If you want over 10,000 primers, YOU NEED A STORAGE LICENSE not a permit. There is no permit that covers primers at all. And from what I could gather, licenses require specific methods of storage and inspections by the FD. So you need to think twice before packing your house to the gills with primers and no license to store them. If there is some kind of incident at your house, you could have legal trouble/fines. And if you have a claim, your insurance company will tell you to pound sand too. They'll use any reason to deny a claim.
I asked the Fire Chief and at the PD station when we moved into Harvard and both looked at me like I had 2 heads and both said...never heard of that....don't worry about it.....so I didn't.

Scored a pound of imr4227 up at shooters today as well as a box of 265 grain Hornady interlock jsp for 44mag.

Will be running my first batch of 44 mag for testing tonight. With the 265 grain jsp I'll run 5 of each starting at 18.5 grains of imr4427 and going up by .5 grain increments up to near max.

Wish me luck.

I built a small connection shelf between my cabinets and the loader table. Its now a new home for my Rollsizer and RF100. Also 3D printed and adapter so I can run and extra feed spring from my case feeder to the Rollsizer. The rolled cases fall right into an ammo box.

Attachments

• PXL_20210216_222910414.jpg
    PXL_20210216_222910414.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20210216_222958271.jpg
    PXL_20210216_222958271.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20210217_190147538.jpg
    PXL_20210217_190147538.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20210217_190158222.jpg
    PXL_20210217_190158222.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20210217_190209570.jpg
    PXL_20210217_190209570.jpg
    410.4 KB · Views: 19
The rollsizer is for Glock brass I assume? Never actually seen one.
Yes, Glock bulge. I shoot an Open gun that's a real picky eater so Rollsizing just makes the whole process easier. Now I just roll size everything. My rule is to come home from the rang with more empty brass than I shot...call me cheap but I'm never buy brass. I picked up the Rollsizer on the Brian Enos site a few years ago from someone getting out of reloading...so it was 1/2 the price of a new one. Again, I'm too cheap to buy new!!

Last edited:
I started on a friend's 550 and he had a 650 on another bench. He said now that you have the hang of it try the 650. I bought one a few days later. Loaded on it for 5 years, traded it for a few really nice guns and drank the cool aid early when Mk7 released their Evolution. The Evo is like a 1050 on steroids....but I have a soft spot for the 650....great loader

My buddy down the street has a 1050 set up for 9mm, and a 650 set up for .223/5.56. The 1050's impressive. I've seen the literature for a Mk7, haven't actually seen one. The 650's good for me, I think my buddy's machine is overkill for him - he has money and likes toys. (who me? Jealous?)

Received my backordered new 44 magnum brass, 1000 pieces. Ordered them in December when they were allowing backorders of this caliber. Now you can't. I guess I'll deburr the flash holes...maybe. I usually don't bother, but sometimes I do in 44 Magnum and 45 Colt. Thing is, I hardly need to load anything after all the reloading I did last year. Deburring the flash holes would at least be something to do.

Back
Top Bottom