What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I'm hand priming on a Lee hand held. The issue is once a primer sticks you can't pull the case out of the shell holder if the primer is proud of the bottom. So the quickest way is to just force it in slowly. It doesn't take much effort to crush a primer.

Deprimed my first handful of cases. Got the Lee loader in the mail yesterday. Sticker on it says, "1974". Older than me, by a long shot. I'll be tapping ammo together while on muted zoom calls.

My press comes in the next week or two, but wanted this Lee loader since I have some fond memories of my grandfather setting me up with a wooden mallet and bashing primers out with one back 20 years ago.

All my components to load up .357 and .38spl came in. Just need to place an order for bullets still.

Deprimed my first handful of cases. Got the Lee loader in the mail yesterday. Sticker on it says, "1974". Older than me, by a long shot. I'll be tapping ammo together while on muted zoom calls.

My press comes in the next week or two, but wanted this Lee loader since I have some fond memories of my grandfather setting me up with a wooden mallet and bashing primers out with one back 20 years ago.

All my components to load up .357 and .38spl came in. Just need to place an order for bullets still.
Nothing wrong with a whack a mole Lee loader. I loaded plenty of ammo on one while waiting for conversion kits for the 550 or a set of dies.
good tools.

I'm hand priming on a Lee hand held. The issue is once a primer sticks you can't pull the case out of the shell holder if the primer is proud of the bottom. So the quickest way is to just force it in slowly. It doesn't take much effort to crush a primer.
Could you grind a deeper channel in the sheep holder to let the primer pass?

You don't hear about them much on NES, but I am a big fan of rocky mountain reloading for bullets. Their in house stuff is really good. Also like zero bullets, sold by roze dist.

You don't hear about them much on NES, but I am a big fan of rocky mountain reloading for bullets. Their in house stuff is really good. Also like zero bullets, sold by roze dist.
RMR is all I use for 9mm. I've loaded up a little over 3K of the 124 grain FMJRN and have had no issues with them. I have 4K of them sitting on the table just waiting to be seated in their new home.

Ibejihead makes solid coated pistol bullets for reasonable pricing. I’ve loaded 30k or so with my 650 with another 6k waiting to be loaded and 9k on order.
I have to agree, I love ibejiheads.. I‘ve loaded a few thousand 9mm (147‘s) myself with no problems at all... I too have a couple thousand more on order, sucks that it’s been taking forever to be shipped, but they are worth the wait. cost and quality!

Last edited:
I was toying with the idea of picking up a turret press for rifle rounds, and like the Redding T7. Naturally, they're out of stock everywhere. I just watched one get bid up to $800. Good lord.

Redding Reloading T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm for sale
I was toying with the idea of picking up a turret press for rifle rounds, and like the Redding T7. Naturally, they're out of stock everywhere. I just watched one get bid up to $800. Good lord.

Redding Reloading T-7 Turret Press with Primer Arm for sale online | eBay

online | eBay
thats just silly, no bids and its starting at $950
Just order one and wait for the back order. Try calling Redding directly and see if they have any. They give 25% off dies and accessories in their "kit" form.

Meh. The furnace that melts the brass down doesn't care about a live primer.
The guys at the scrap yard did not seem the least bit worried about the few live rounds in the bucket I turned in march of 2019
Simply held them up and said Uwantheez. I said if you wont take them. He tossed them in a random bucket of junk:

If anyone sees cheap .45 ACP projos with a reasonable lead time, please let me know. All the coated guys seem to be out 14-16 weeks but I may throw an order in there just to be in line.
Are you opposed to plated bullets? I know of a vendor who’s got Powerbond plated 230 gr bullets in stock for 13 cents shipped and he ships within a couple days. Great bullets BTW. I bought a bunch of the Powerbond 147 gr 9mm bullets earlier this year.

Are you opposed to plated bullets? I know of a vendor who’s got Powerbond plated 230 gr bullets in stock for 13 cents shipped and he ships within a couple days. Great bullets BTW. I bought a bunch of the Powerbond 147 gr 9mm bullets earlier this year.

Not opposed to it but I just ordered 1500 coated bullets that will hopefully ship soon at the same price. I will keep the plated in mind for my order next month, thanks Andrew.

If anyone sees cheap .45 ACP projos with a reasonable lead time, please let me know. All the coated guys seem to be out 14-16 weeks but I may throw an order in there just to be in line.
Define cheap.
I'll p.m. a link that I get from vendor X in an e-mail every so often, but coated lead is definitely less costly.

Little tip for plastic case feeders. I was having trouble with static making corn cob stick to the disc and getting dropped with cases. This would jam a case in the feeder collet and stop case feeding. PITA! I cleaned the hopper and disc very well but couldn’t get the static to calm down. I had some auto detailing spray wax so I waxed both sides of the disc and the hopper. Problem solved static gone!

Little tip for plastic case feeders. I was having trouble with static making corn cob stick to the disc and getting dropped with cases. This would jam a case in the feeder collet and stop case feeding. PITA! I cleaned the hopper and disc very well but couldn’t get the static to calm down. I had some auto detailing spray wax so I waxed both sides of the disc and the hopper. Problem solved static gone!

The other solution for static, which works very well in powder hoppers, is to rub the plastic down with a dryer sheet.

Back in business bitches!
Anyone with a Sierra manual look up their varget and 8208 loads with the 77 smk. I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m showing quite different data from my lee and Lyman book.

Attachments

• DDA1D8B0-3DA3-4B76-B226-00F46B77BD70.jpeg
    DDA1D8B0-3DA3-4B76-B226-00F46B77BD70.jpeg
    521.5 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom