What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Low brass prices are good it keeps shitstain brass rats from hovering around at gun clubs. [laugh]
I actually had some douche bag, picking up my brass, as I was shooting the other day. Couldn't believe it. I was about to say something, but the wife took care of it for me. Felt bad for the guy afterwards.

Used my wife's kitchen scale to parcel freshly loaded 9mm into containers.
Too lazy to count that many, and too OCD to just throw it all into one container.

(4) larger ammo boxes w/ ~~500 in each
(4) smaller ammo boxes w/ ~~200 in each

View attachment 434416

I tried the whole "I'm just filling these things to the brim and not counting them!" routine. I can do this dammit!! Got more than halfway full on a .50 cal can and had to dump them to count them all.

I don't try kidding myself anymore. When I reload, I count as I go and put a post it note in the can with the date and amount, and change the numbers each reloading session. 😁

Kind of quiet here; nobody posted before my second entry...
Did a few more boxes worth of 230 gr. FMJ in .45 Auto and then reloaded the 7.65 Argentine, that I shot off yesterday. Unlike yesterdays cast bullets, today I'm saving the planet by loading the copper-polymer Inceptor SRR bullets!
90 grains of periodic elemental pleasure!

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    523 KB · Views: 6
Step 1 of Dillon 550 upgrades was to polish new 223 shellplate. Took a peice of glass and about ten minutes later it’s like a mirror.
Step 2 was getting the Armonov free floating toolheads
Step 3 I’m waiting on a new inline fab mount and some comparator gauges to show up and than I’m gonna start some precision load development on the progressive 😉
Step 4 will be fine tuning primer seating depth if needed I won’t know till I run a few cases.
My plan is to try few different methods. First I’m going to size on the MEC than I can process the brass. From here I’ll have a toolhead setup
Station 1 Expander Mandrel with turning mandrel
Station 2 powder drop with funnel. Will be dropping charges on a chargemaster lite I bought myself for Christmas.
station 3 seating.
I’ll run a batch like this than might try doing two toolheads with sizing and mandrel on first than charging and seating on the second.
I’ve got Lace City brass and Sierra Match king 69 and 77 gr. Also varget and 8208 hoping I can find something with these.

Attachments

• B3FFF839-BE3A-41AB-AF68-53AB200C39D0.jpeg
    B3FFF839-BE3A-41AB-AF68-53AB200C39D0.jpeg
    511.9 KB · Views: 5
Worked up some 9mm loads Saturday and tested them at the range. Compared them to some factory 9mm I had in one of my magazines.

Loaded up 28 more rounds on Sunday, with 72 more cases prepped & primed today.
Been using the Lyman case prep station to clean the primer pockets. It seems to do an amazing job.

Finding little pockets of time to just de-prime, clean primer pockets, prime (hand primer), or load.

I've taken the auto indexing piece out of my turret press because I have been breaking up my loading sessions.

After fishing season rolled into elk/deer hunting my reloading bench and basement in general was a disaster. Things slowed down this week and I was able to build some shelves and get some crap up off my bench. I’m not where I want to be yet but getting closer. View attachment 435112
Another sophisticated individual I see, love my Redding and love my Bergers.

Did some reorganizing yesterday. I had crap everywhere. Put some ammo in some totes, emptied a cabinet, put reloading components in said cabinet. Found 2k 9mm projectiles, a few thousand primers, and a few pounds of powder that I don't remember buying. I got in this habit if I saw something in stock at cabelas, to just buy it and throw it in the shop. I just need another cabinet now.

I figure this weekend I will actually reload some 9 for the eldest daughter, and get her off my back. Kid drives me nuts.

Did some reorganizing yesterday. I had crap everywhere. Put some ammo in some totes, emptied a cabinet, put reloading components in said cabinet. Found 2k 9mm projectiles, a few thousand primers, and a few pounds of powder that I don't remember buying. I got in this habit if I saw something in stock at cabelas, to just buy it and throw it in the shop. I just need another cabinet now.

I figure this weekend I will actually reload some 9 for the eldest daughter, and get her off my back. Kid drives me nuts.
my "crap" is in CPR, Constant Pile Rotation.

I have been working on getting rid of stuff but I swear for every 2 things gone 1 comes up through the cement floor then splits into 3 if I touch it.

Does not seem to work for guns or ammo?

Starting on setting up my workshop today. Its just my wife and I and we have about 3,600sf, so I I've been given our lower level to use as my hunting and fishing room. I have 1k sf to turn into whatever I want. Managed to set up a 100" theater so far and have about 600sf left.

Got a bench I'm setting up to serve as a reloading bench and fly tying bench.

Shelves just went up for my ammo storage. Framing in a walk in to become my new gun safe.

I should probably set up a small office area since I'm working from home now, but what fun is that?

Well I had 4 light strikes with these CCI primers today. They all went off after a second strike. Here’s a few of them. The first one on the far left definitely has a very light dimple
View attachment 428133Except for one I hit 4 times and then stopped lol. Must be a dud primer?
View attachment 428134
Maybe I’ll stick with Winchester LRP as I have a bunch of those. I know CCI’s are the hardest so...

The firing pin on that old Marlin seems to move around okay so I don’t think it’s gunned up but I suppose I could take it apart anyway.
You are probably not seating the primers far enough.

Remember the light strikes I had with the BFR?
It was my hand priming tool. I moved to a press and it was fixed.

One way to test, put the finished round on a table, does it sit flat or move a little? If it moves a little, the primer is sitting a thousand or so out.

Back
Top Bottom