What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Just threw some stuff on it I’m sure I’ll move it around again. Trying to decide what to do with presses. I’ve been eyeballing the inline mount for dillon that’s gonna be a must as I don’t want it hanging off front of desk. But do I buy the quick change plates for the marksman too? Hmmm. Haven’t bolted it down but way thinking I could maybe squeeze it where it sits now but I hate clutter. I’ve got all parts coming to start loading my rifle stuff on the Dillon so the Mec is only really gonna see odd jobs. Decisions decisions. I do know that I’m ready for another beer tho...

Attachments

• A19AB75D-0A89-4A39-AF4E-BE7AB30A866F.jpeg
    A19AB75D-0A89-4A39-AF4E-BE7AB30A866F.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 2
Well my 30-30 trimmer and FCD arrived today. I noticed even after trimming the long cases, they still made closing the lever "harder". I think it must be the rims though when I measured them they were no different in thickness than the cases that are easy to close the lever with...🤷‍♂️

I got a bunch of cases prepped (casemouths flared) to load them with the coated bullets over trail boss.

1BFB777F-2AD0-46B4-B063-6181844338CF.jpegI read the ups and downs of wet tumbling and was all set with wet till I bought this old timer off a old timer and all I was missing from life was the pins. After one hour of quiet tumbling this is what I got with clean primer pockets !! It’s pretty friggin nice doooood !!!!

Last edited:
Everything looks bigger on camera

Well depending on how far away the gallon jug is in the background, they might be 30mm.

30mmvs556nato.jpg

Loaded a dozen rounds of .357 with some old primers I found while I was looking for .300 Savage ammo for Andrew. If they still work, I have 2000 more small pistol primers. I'll find out tomorrow.
Nice! Thanks again for that by the way. My dad appreciated it also. Probably use that ammo for target practice with his savage 99

Well, I've officially joined the group of gun owners that baffled me; was going through my ammo can inventory to make room for some more reloads, and found a can with 1100 9 mm 124 grain FMJ reloads I forgot I had 😂
Welcome to the club. Your membership card is buried under the 2000 pieces of 40 brass that you don’t own a gun for but have anyway.

Loaded a dozen rounds of .357 with some old primers I found while I was looking for .300 Savage ammo for Andrew. If they still work, I have 2000 more small pistol primers. I'll find out tomorrow.
long as they looked ok and havent gotten wet or contaminated they should be fine

edit: actually even if they did get wet or damp they should be fine if they dried back out and appear normal as most modern priming compounds are water soluble. I have a couple old sleeves still of remington 9 1/2's that were my dad's from the late 70's that came from the texas heat and humidity, back to new england in the 80's, and are now in their 3rd house here that are still perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Well, I've officially joined the group of gun owners that baffled me; was going through my ammo can inventory to make room for some more reloads, and found a can with 1100 9 mm 124 grain FMJ reloads I forgot I had 😂

I did something similar recently, found a box of almost 800 plated 180gr 10mm bullets I bought ages ago to reload .40 which I can use to reload for my 10mms

I could use some of those for a friend that shoots a .30-30. I did, however, load up most of the remaining Hornady 170gr FP in the last of the .30-30 brass I had on hand..
Also, used up all of the Arizona Bullet Co. 180 grain Soft Points in .30-06.

Oh, I grabbed a bag of .284 Winchester brass at M&B, which was marked 7.5 Swiss. Sized and trimmed some of them and topped them with a 175 gr. BTHP. These have a smaller rim (.308 Win. s/h) than the GP11, but they will suffice for range fodder.
FWIW, M&B has a box of .22 Spitfire brass, if anyone uses that.

Attachments

• 7.5 Swz loads.jpg
    7.5 Swz loads.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 2
  • 7.5 Swz recycle.jpg
    7.5 Swz recycle.jpg
    707 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Shot some 9mm reloads using VV 340, mixed brass, Fed 100 SPP and RMR 124 grain FMJRN, OAL 1.12

Ten using 5.2 grains: 1112 fps avg, PF 137 ES 48 fps, SD 14 fps

Ten using 5.4 grains: 1129 fps avg, PF 139, ES 45 fps, SD 13 fps.

I'll have to check to see what the max is, which I think I'm close to, and go from there. I'd like a little more out of it, similar to my load of 6.5 grains using HS 6, which averaged 1152 fps and a PF 142.

Back
Top Bottom