• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Finally got a chance to load up some bullets from the delivery of zero brand.

10 each for testing 357 mag with the 125 grain jsp and 16 grains 2400 loaded to 1.59 oal. I know a said I'd never use 125 grain projos again but these are for my son's Henry rifle. We want to push the velocity up a bit and the rifle seemed to like 125 grain projos we bought factory. Lyman states 13 to 17.7 grains of 2400 so I went "high middle" power and we'll check for pressure signs and accuracy before I go higher.

Loaded up 50 each of the 200 grain swaged lswc 45acp. The samples I loaded up from the vendor were the most accurate projo I've put through my 1911.....4.7 grains bullseye loaded to 1.235 oal put 5 rounds in the same hole at 25 feet.....not ragged hole.....same hole. And put them all in the black at 50 feet. From a rest of course.

The swaged lswc from zero are VERY consistently formed and nice sharp shoulder on the swc. There is a lube groove that has a small amount of yellow lube.....and the whole bullet feels "sticky". First time I've ever felt the need to wear rubber gloves was handling these projos but for the accuracy I'm getting it's worth it and for 10 cents a round for jsp and nicely formed swaged lswc it's a hell of a nice purchase.

All in all a nice hour long reprise to my basement.View attachment 354592View attachment 354593View attachment 354594View attachment 354595View attachment 354596
Kinda wish I bought more Zero 158's. I got about 1,500 on hand but their website says out of stock. I have an email into them to see if they have more that hasn't been posted to their website.
Just a few weeks ago it said they had over 50,000 158's so I didn't think I needed to buy more 😂

Kinda wish I bought more Zero 158's. I got about 1,500 on hand but their website says out of stock. I have an email into them to see if they have more that hasn't been posted to their website.
Just a few weeks ago it said they had over 50,000 158's so I didn't think I needed to buy more 😂
Just got off the phone with Zero. They still had 158's in stock so I ordered 1k. $107.95 shipped. They said it might be a couple weeks before it ships. Great company to deal with and can't beat their prices. @whacko I tagged you just in case you needed more of the Zeros.

Sadly they didn't have anymore 44 mag bullets in stock - though I should be set on 44 mag for the foreseeable future.

As an aspie I have two modes - absolute singular focus and way the hell too many irons in the fire.
Got annoyed by not having a scale on the powder scale caused yet another iron to be dropped into the fire

A few minutes of Fusion 360 work and I now have a 0.2gn per division scale on the skin flint tool.
IMG_20201120_133738424.jpg IMG_20201120_133929374.jpg IMG_20201120_133944322.jpg

Ssized and primed another 1k of .45acp yesterday and early this morning.

The 5gr of HPC-18 ( pulldown powder )with Berry's 230gr plated round nose load worked excellent! Waiting on two more boxes of 500.

Did it change? 527 CMR used to read as it did not apply to just brass. Ammo storage requirement is a CMR, not an MGL. The MGL's treat some components like ammo, but since ammo storage is a CRM it would not apply. I recall it applying to a cartridge, including blanks, but not brass.

I admire your efforts to try to interpret this nonsense. I think most here likely follow their own common sense approach to component storage.

I admire your efforts to try to interpret this nonsense. I think most here likely follow their own common sense approach to component storage.

If brass counts i long surpassed any limits several 5 gallon buckets ago, even with a permit. But If I'm being honest i only tried to interpret it for a short period after I moved here. It wasn't long before it didn't matter. I mean 10,000 primers? After my wife got hooked 10k wasn't enough for the year between 9mm and .223. Add in the other pistol and rifle calibers and it's not even enough for a year. No way am I only keeping a years worth primers around. I learned my lesson after everyone went full retard during the last shortage.

I can't imagine anyone who competes in any handgun game, even half heartedly, stays under the primer limit if they reload.

Did it change? 527 CMR used to read as it did not apply to just brass. Ammo storage requirement is a CMR, not an MGL. The MGL's treat some components like ammo, but since ammo storage is a CRM it would not apply. I recall it applying to a cartridge, including blanks, but not brass.
sorry I assumed mass BS applied, I would bet a few donuts IF your in a position of being written up on charges in ma that bucket of brass will be treated as ammo.

Last edited:
If brass counts i long surpassed any limits several 5 gallon buckets ago, even with a permit. But If I'm being honest i only tried to interpret it for a short period after I moved here. It wasn't long before it didn't matter. I mean 10,000 primers? After my wife got hooked 10k wasn't enough for the year between 9mm and .223. Add in the other pistol and rifle calibers and it's not even enough for a year. No way am I only keeping a years worth primers around. I learned my lesson after everyone went full retard during the last shortage.

I can't imagine anyone who competes in any handgun game, even half heartedly, stays under the primer limit if they reload.
they just max out the loaded ammo portion so you buy 60k primers load up 50k rounds centerfire and keep your primer supply up.

I’m here to tell you that I’ve been reloading for 3 years And 34.5 days and just realized the ridges on the primer flip tray cause primers to flips if shook just rite. I guess I should have watched some you toobs

You have primers??? LOL

I called 3 places looking for shotgun primers with no luck. One laughed and said he'd buy them off me if I had them.

Shooting supply Westport had over 20k 209’s on the shelf today. 80$ for 1k tho

D&L in Rhode Island had cases and cases of them a few weeks ago. They were selling fir $65/1000 at that time. To their credit Heritage was selling them for normal price...but only had a few bricks on the shelf.

D&L in Rhode Island had cases and cases of them a few weeks ago. They were selling fir $65/1000 at that time. To their credit Heritage was selling them for normal price...but only had a few bricks on the shelf.

yeah.. they were on my list to call yesterday, but I wouldn't have had the time to get there before they closed.

Herritage was the go to place for shotgun stuff back in the 2000s his prices where always good. even when lead was scarce mid 2000s and running $80/25lb if you could find it he had a good supply and kept prices ok . worth the trip to stock up. Back then you could call and ask if he had what you want and he would have it ready. I forget his name now....but not everyone there would do that.

Back
Top Bottom