What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Those have been there a long time. I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than $40 for a MEC
My last score was two new old stock MEC presses. I believe it was the 650. One and 12 gauge and one in 20 gauge. $50 out the door.

Please let me know if you stumble on another deal like that. All the used MEC 600's I've seen are selling for 70 - 80% of new price....come on folks, it's not a Dillon ;-)

now that I know where to get primers
Good for you. I'm still in good shape for primers, but I like to replace as I use them to keep a safety stock. I'm still searching.

I haven't thrown away the small primer .45 acp yet, but I put it aside in a separate container and don't use it. As you said, they are a royal PITA.

Packed it all up.
Got everything in bins and hidden for listing pictures and showings.
Well your gonna have to pack it sooner or later when it’s time to move. God knows if you didn’t stash it away you would get some Snowflake come to see the house and ask what that is and when they find out would probably think you were some kind of Madman! “Who would make their own weapons/ammunition!!” and by the time they left the ATF and what ever federal agency they can remember would be knocking on your you door,..Lol!!
PS, we missed you at the shoot this past weekend!
It went extremely well, can’t wait for next month!

if you're willing to go to NH

Thanks...too far for that price. The 600jr Mark 5 is $200 NIB....could be just me but I'm feeling these used should be cheaper.

Yep.. I don't shoot shotgun all that often.. thinking of grabbing a cheap Lee Load-All just so I can make my own in case of SHTF or ammo shortages like now. I know it's not the best, but appears to be functional.

Still resizing/depriming the seemingly endless 223 bins while while watching Rambo Last Blood tonight. Cause 'Merica.

Thought I'd post a tip for anyone doing steel and brass. You can process steel cases exactly the same with no changes. Tulammo steel works great. There are others that are boxer primed as well. You'll get about half the life as brass

Be careful to sort out any blemished steel. Here's a pic of good cases to process on left and ones to NOT process on right. If you pit a blemished case in a resizing die there is a 90% chance its not coming out without a hammer. Even if you can't feel anything when holding it.

20201021_193814.jpg

When you tumble steel, sift it and then spray it down with your preferred case lube before storing it to prevent corrosion if you're like me and it will sit there for a while before you get to the next step.

Still resizing/depriming the seemingly endless 223 bins while while watching Rambo Last Blood tonight. Cause 'Merica.

Thought I'd post a tip for anyone doing steel and brass. You can process steel cases exactly the same with no changes. Tulammo steel works great. There are others that are boxer primed as well. You'll get about half the life as brass

Be careful to sort out any blemished steel. Here's a pic of good cases to process on left and ones to NOT process on right. If you pit a blemished case in a resizing die there is a 90% chance its not coming out without a hammer. Even if you can't feel anything when holding it.

View attachment 402216

When you tumble steel, sift it and then spray it down with your preferred case lube before storing it to prevent corrosion if you're like me and it will sit there for a while before you get to the next step.
I reloaded a bunch of steel cased 223 and 45 acp just cause....it all worked fine. I even made clone of Hornady Steel Match and stuffed some 77 grain match bullets on them. shot fine

Loading 9mm on an xl650, and the shell from the casefeeder into station one wouldn't go up into the de-capper as I raised the shellplate.

I've learned not to force things on this press, that's how you break indexing rings, (among other things). So, I stopped, and was rather shocked to see the old primer on the decapping pin.

Think about that for a second. That old primer should have been on the other side of the flash hole, in the primer pocket, or PUSHED out.

View attachment 401248

The batch of 9mm I loaded; part of what I'll need for practice this week and next weekend's match.

View attachment 401249
I like those lights. What are you using?

I finally got around to loading my first batch of ammo. 25 rounds in 5 round batches of Federal once fired brass, Federal SRP, Hornady 55gr VMAX bullets over Varget, starting at 22.8gr up to 25.6gr in 0.7gr increments. Then another 25 rounds for Accurate 2460, starting at 21.2gr up to 23.6 in 0.6gr increments. In both cases, I want to stay well away from max load according to the Hornady manual. These loads were also tailor made for my Savage bolt action in the sense I used a Hornady OAL gauge with a modified case, bullet and headspace comparators to calculate CBTO for the bullet I am using - 0.020" jump for starters.

Tonight I will load up 50 more using Sierra 69gr Match bullets and the appropriate powder weights for this bullet and these 2 powders.

I finally got around to loading my first batch of ammo. 25 rounds in 5 round batches of Federal once fired brass, Federal SRP, Hornady 55gr VMAX bullets over Varget, starting at 22.8gr up to 25.6gr in 0.7gr increments. Then another 25 rounds for Accurate 2460, starting at 21.2gr up to 23.6 in 0.6gr increments. In both cases, I want to stay well away from max load according to the Hornady manual. These loads were also tailor made for my Savage bolt action in the sense I used a Hornady OAL gauge with a modified case, bullet and headspace comparators to calculate CBTO for the bullet I am using - 0.020" jump for starters.

Tonight I will load up 50 more using Sierra 69gr Match bullets and the appropriate powder weights for this bullet and these 2 powders.
Clean your barrel between each change of bullet profiles. Especially in the throat/lead area. It helps

yeah, yeah...i'm counting down the days until i hit week 12 in my finding blue bullets quest. i don't have a need for them now, i've purchased some decent coated bullets in the past few weeks but i like a challenge and a good hunt so i kept the order open and i'll see if they ship within that 12-14 week time frame. i sent an email last week..."hey guys, think you're gonna make the shipping schedule for my order?" crickets so far on that. my guess is nope, it'll go over the 14 weeks. to quote ned stark, "winters coming."

sent another email to blue bullets last night and got a reply this morning.

"Our best estimate at this time would be by the end of October through mid November.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Brenda"

god damn, are these made with a gold core? so her timeline she gave me is 12-14 weeks, for my order. [laugh] so i'll continue on waiting.

sent another email to blue bullets last night and got a reply this morning.

"Our best estimate at this time would be by the end of October through mid November.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Brenda"

god damn, are these made with a gold core? so her timeline she gave me is 12-14 weeks, for my order. [laugh] so i'll continue on waiting.
I love their bullets but I'll tell you the wait sucks. I was able to source other bullets for roughly the same price while waiting.

I found 1K of IMI .223 brass and 2K of IMI ss109 projectiles. What can I ask for in the classified? I don't reload rifle anymore. PM me if interested, I'm looking to lighten the load, I've found more misc stuff than I thought I had.

I posted this in the classified for $650 for the lot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom