What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I tested some 160g, .358 9mm with 2.6g of N320 (my USPSA load is 3.0 grains).

2.6 is a pleasure to shoot, has to be well below 120pf.

Need to Chrono, but 3.0 grains is around 130pf and if I remember correctly 2.9g was around 127pf, maybe 126. I remember I decided to bump it up 0.1 grains because it was too close to 125.

I will load some 2.5g and see how those shoot.

my blue bullet order...week 10....went from "processing" to "currently processing." i'm taking that as a good sign, maybe by week 12 they'll say "shipped." this has been a lesson in patience, something i'm not known to have. [wink]

My RMR order for 124 grain FMJRN still sits, 9 weeks out. I understood it would be a while anyway, so wasn't in a rush, but emailed them today to inquire as they originally said if it goes past 8 weeks to let them know. I was told they should be shipping the orders for 124 grain that were placed around that time (8/10) in a couple of weeks.

My RMR order for 124 grain FMJRN still sits, 9 weeks out. I understood it would be a while anyway, so wasn't in a rush, but emailed them today to inquire as they originally said if it goes past 8 weeks to let them know. I was told they should be shipping the orders for 124 grain that were placed around that time (8/10) in a couple of weeks.
i have .45 230 rn and 38/357158 gr swc's. when i ordered it was always 12-14 weeks. i'm leaving them alone, my other sources have come in so have the luxury of time for these.

funny story, i read a post here where a nes member ordered the same day i did from a company, seriously forget the name, and he posted that he got the order in 3 days. hell, i ordered that same day at 5:30am, where the hell are my bullets? 2 weeks after i read this i called...where the f*** is my stuff, this guy i know posted he got his 3 days after ordering, the website said everything i ordered was in stock, ready for shipment. 2 weeks after the fact, where's my stuff. they told me to basically shut up..."WE'RE CASTING THEM NOW!" friends tell me i can be abrasive at times. lol

I'm getting a new boiler and indirect installed in the basement tomorrow. I detest having people in my house I don't know. So today I removed all traces of anything related to guns, ammo and/or reloading ammo from the area they will be working in. This include taking everything off the bench and wrapping the gun safe in a blankets and tie down straps. First rule of Fight Club....

I'm getting a new boiler and indirect installed in the basement tomorrow. I detest having people in my house I don't know. So today I removed all traces of anything related to guns, ammo and/or reloading ammo from the area they will be working in. This include taking everything off the bench and wrapping the gun safe in a blankets and tie down straps. First rule of Fight Club....

This is the time for a refrigerator box from your local store. [thumbsup]

Hate that shit, my next house a lot of changes there will be. Except the next house is only a dream

Hey all, is there a recommended cleaning approach or solvent to get this gunk out of my smelting oven?View attachment 400419

I've had luck with-
Put more lead in it, get it molten
Add some of this, stir it around get all that crap to float to the top

If it flows well, and you think you've scraped enough off or all the bottom or sides, shut it off. Leave about 2" in there.
If theres any garbage left, it'll float next time you heat it up.

Hey all, is there a recommended cleaning approach or solvent to get this gunk out of my smelting oven?View attachment 400419
I just used dish soap and warm water after scraping the heavy stuff out. Came out clean enough. i lapped the valve and seat while i had it empty.
The better you flux the easier it is to keep the pot clean.

You folks know of any good youtube channels on reloading you'd recommend? Since there's no ammo to be found, I just got all the supplies to start reloading my own shit.
Ultimate Reloader, early Hickock45 , Elvis ammo , Johnnys reloading bench.
There are a lot. Some talk to much some miss info. Search and watch.

Back
Top Bottom