What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Ammo cans.

If you're thinking long term storage for your reloads, your not shooting enough, you're hoarding.

I’m thinking these outside tuck mailers would be prefect for ammo.

I’m thinking these outside tuck mailers would be prefect for ammo.

Those are the same type of boxes that the X-treme bullets come in. I love those boxes and I re-use them all the time.

I want to order some but can’t justify the price or more like can’t justify the shipping they charge.
Group buy!
I actually purchased them locally first for a very good price because they were on sale, but now they’re much more expensive since Corona virus( damn I’m so sick of saying those words!!!). What I did was purchased them directly from X-treme Bullets they are even cheaper than the sale price I was getting locally, Plus they have a special if it’s your first order, FREE Shipping! So I took advantage of it and bought more than I was planning just to save $$$. And the shipping was quick! I hope my “Non Loading” friends don’t get mad when they have to place a ”first time order” for more Bullets...lol

I actually purchased them locally first for a very good price because they were on sale, but now they’re much more expensive since Corona virus( damn I’m so sick of saying those words!!!). What I did was purchased them directly from X-treme Bullets they are even cheaper than the sale price I was getting locally, Plus they have a special if it’s your first order, FREE Shipping! So I took advantage of it and bought more than I was planning just to save $$$. And the shipping was quick! I hope my “Non Loading” friends don’t get mad when they have to place a ”first time order” for more Bullets...lol
I was actually talking about the boxes. I won’t pay anyone for bullets when I can cast my own. 😀

I use ammo cans for storing ammo. I have quite a few .50 cal cans which will hold 2K loose 9mm. I also have quite a few of the smaller cans. Been using some plastic ones I get cigars in for storing my brass. Each one can hold about 1500 9mm cases. I have one for cases that are ready for priming and another for cases that are primed and ready for reloading.

I use ammo cans for storing ammo. I have quite a few .50 cal cans which will hold 2K loose 9mm. I also have quite a few of the smaller cans. Been using some plastic ones I get cigars in for storing my brass. Each one can hold about 1500 9mm cases. I have one for cases that are ready for priming and another for cases that are primed and ready for reloading.

If you load 223 on stripper clips, you can neatly fit 1200rds in a 50cal can with a large desiccant pack.

I call it the One9

Was starting my next big run of 9mm on the SDB when the bolt for the powder measure decided to exit stage right. Of course it was on the up stroke under spring tension so the powder hopper which was half full went flying, powder all over my bench! Luckily it was mostly contained to one area and some on the floor. Managed to sweep most of it up with some card stock I raided from my gf and put back into the container. Already have the part on order from Dillon, hopefully it's here sooner rather than later, it was probably under warranty but I figured they may ship a paid for customer part quicker(wishful thinking)..IMG_20200704_074031.jpgIMG_20200704_074102.jpg

Nice! Have you ran any of the Brazos yet and if so what’s your load? I ordered a sample pack from them in .357 to try through my PM9 as I’m getting a lot of leading through that barrel. I rolled up 100 with titegroup and another 100 with some sport pistol. The leading was a lot less than the acme .356 projos but It’s still quite a bit more than I think is acceptable. I did notice that the Brazos are quite a bit softer than the acme as well. I dunno what my next direction is going to be to try and remedy this. I was looking at ibejiheads and maybe trying a .357 or .358 from them being a little harder than the Brazos.
Man these things are SOFT. I had to really bell my brass to not scrape the coating off or the lead. I haven't shot them yet but I'll probably be swapping to Blue bullets for 9mm as well.

Last edited:
Was starting my next big run of 9mm on the SDB when the bolt for the powder measure decided to exit stage right. Of course it was on the up stroke under spring tension so the powder hopper which was half full went flying, powder all over my bench! Luckily it was mostly contained to one area and some on the floor. Managed to sweep most of it up with some card stock I raided from my gf and put back into the container. Already have the part on order from Dillon, hopefully it's here sooner rather than later, it was probably under warranty but I figured they may ship a paid for customer part quicker(wishful thinking)..View attachment 370366View attachment 370367

Just out of curiosity, how many rounds do you have through that?

Man these things are SOFT. I had to really bell my brass to no scrape the coating off or the lead. I haven't shot them yet but I'll probably be swapping to Blue bullets for 9mm as well.
Do they tell you what the Bhn of the bullets are when ordering them.
I loaded a bunch of 9mm with 8bhn lead shot through a SW 59-2 and P08
I also run soft alloy through 45acp only real leading I had was running 451 through a loose barrel that slugged out at .452+ picked up a mold that drops just shy of .453 and run them as dropped from the mold.

Just out of curiosity, how many rounds do you have through that?
I bought it second hand from a member on here when he got it back from Dillon, but I myself have close to 10k rounds through it. Considering it has no bullet feeder or case feeder, you can still get a easy 350-400/hr.

Do they tell you what the Bhn of the bullets are when ordering them.
I loaded a bunch of 9mm with 8bhn lead shot through a SW 59-2 and P08
I also run soft alloy through 45acp only real leading I had was running 451 through a loose barrel that slugged out at .452+ picked up a mold that drops just shy of .453 and run them as dropped from the mold.
They say approximately 13bhn, but compared to the bayou bullets I have they seem softer and the coating seems thin.

Can you say, barometric pressure...

Also, when at your local range/club, do some discrete dumpster diving and recover the boxes from factory ammo that many toss.
Fortunately, not everyone destroys these upon opening.
Been doing this forever. Have gotten "caught" a few times and gotten the raised eyebrow but f*ck it. [laugh]

Hey, you're being "green" and a good steward of our planet's resources. Don't let the naysayers shame you.
Heck, as reloaders, we recycle brass. Why not a few other items?

Hey, you're being "green" and a good steward of our planet's resources. Don't let the naysayers shame you.
Heck, as reloaders, we recycle brass. Why not a few other items?
Should see the looks I get when I harvest bullets from the back stop.

Their are so many that just dont see you can go from this
6EFFC043-3D76-4829-962A-A99D20EDBCDA.jpeg

To 120lbs of Independence Alloy
100EDAC7-3EB6-4F54-9BD0-C356C709688F.jpeg

To Liberty Nuggets
8E59777B-3404-4CC9-A0C4-4C830670DB6E.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought it second hand from a member on here when he got it back from Dillon, but I myself have close to 10k rounds through it. Considering it has no bullet feeder or case feeder, you can still get a easy 350-400/hr.

Gotcha.
I have one set up for .45.
I'll use your 10,000 round as a mark for when I should expect something to go south.

Sorted 3 batches of cleaned brass I ran through the tumbler. Damn I should not wait that long to tumble brass! Had to seperate Into

357 Remington
357 federal
357 miscellaneous
38 spec
45acp large primer Winchester
45acp large primer federal
45acp small primer federal
45acp miscellaneous

Took 2 hours to sort all that out but I have coffee cans of sorted clean brass up the ass now.🤣

Sorted 3 batches of cleaned brass I ran through the tumbler. Damn I should not wait that long to tumble brass! Had to seperate Into

357 Remington
357 federal
357 miscellaneous
38 spec
45acp large primer Winchester
45acp large primer federal
45acp small primer federal
45acp miscellaneous

Took 2 hours to sort all that out but I have coffee cans of sorted clean brass up the ass now.🤣
I'm in this same boat, so much brass that it looks discouraging. Some day it'll get sorted. I did start using USPS Flat rate boxes, very sturdy, free and easy to move.

Back
Top Bottom