What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Good news. At lunch today (I work 2 Miles from my house)Was able to easily remove the projo with the brass rod and hammer. The problem with the cylinder closing was powder got under the ejector face keeping the ejector from going all the way in. 2 seconds with a toothbrush and the cylinder closes. Now I have to clean it well........there is powder frigging everywhere!!!! I'll clean it up tonight incant stand having it all full of powder. May do a full take down to be sure it's all out of the internals. What a mess.....when I opened the cylinder and hit the ejector rod after the squib powder fell out everywhere.

Last edited:
Good news. At lunch today (I work 2 Miles from my house)Was able to easily remove the projo with the brass rod and hammer. The problem with the cylinder closing was powder got under the ejector face keeping the ejector from going all the way in. 2 seconds with a toothbrush and the cylinder closes. Now I have to clean it well........there is powder frigging everywhere!!!! I'll clean it up tonight incant stand having it all full of powder. May do a full take down to be sure it's all out of the internals. What a mess.....when I opened the cylinder and hit the ejector rod after the squib powder fell out everywhere.

Sometimes, I am this lazy-

BAFF3E9A-8421-4BD5-A609-9A72C1357F02.jpeg

Well I learned something today. Didn't know a loose crimp could do that. I'm pretty sure it was a good crimp I made them on my Lee turret and I am very consistent with ensuring I bring the handle all the way down and give it a little extra nudge to make sure the ram goes all the way up tight. The rest of the batch like I said is fine. Primers are cci never had a problem with cci ever. Only other thing I can think of is I store the ammo in the basement where it's a constant 64 degrees even in summer......and was shooting on a very warm and humid indoor range. The ammo actually has a little condensation on the brass?
You could have a short piece of brass also that does not reach the crimp

Molds in?

I got the thermocouple for the PID controller I'm today. So I decided to machine a bracket , modeled it in Fusion, posted the code and promptly found out that I didn't set the retract height high enough to clear a clamp in the second operation
It's amazing how long it takes to bang the estop while listening to a $20 endmill trash itself against a hardened clamp [banghead]
New endmill, reindicate the part and some amount of pride lost resulted in a usable part.

Last edited:
ah, you guys are too technical for me now. old school here, size, prime, expand, dump, seat bullet/crimp. went out harvard last week i think i mentioned earlier, wanted to shoot 2 45acp pistols that really hadn't seen daylight in a while. i let my .45 stockpile run low with only 150 rds left in inventory for between the 2. jesus, thought i had a stray case put away of white box, nope. got to get into an emergency reload session this weekend. i'll bang out the last of my bullet supply. should be over 3000 rds and make a call monday to get in a few factory cases. i'm a f***ing bonehead for sure.

Noice. Small pistol primers are next to impossible to get right now. Though federals can be had from a couple vendors - 5k limit though if I recall.

Saw that they were available so I jumped on them. Worked out pretty good as the same vendor had all the powder and primers I needed so just one shipping and hazmat fee.

Loaded 250 rounds of .357 Magnum to finish off my 1960's pound of Hercules 2400, 158 gr SWC over 14.5 gr.

I gotta get a new fresh jug of 2400 one of these days.

I still have about 150 cases to load, gotta check my manuals and see what I can come up to use with a 158 gr xtreme plated. WW296/H110 is out of the question since these cases are already primed with a regular SPP, and only have plated bullets left.

I don't keep track either. Some bought, some found, some of my own.
I tried to keep track at first when I started reloading. Fire a box full at the club .....pick it all up and put it back in the case and keep the case card marked with the number of times it's been loaded......then keep all that in the same batch of tumbling.......f*** all that I just seperate by headstamp after a tumble now and inspect them all when I'm loading them up. For 45 acp and 357 mag reloads I keep the same headstamp and test them all in a case gauge for length before loading. For 38 special I only seperate the brass into "loaded" and "not loaded" 🤣

I tried to keep track at first when I started reloading. Fire a box full at the club .....pick it all up and put it back in the case and keep the case card marked with the number of times it's been loaded......then keep all that in the same batch of tumbling.......f*** all that I just seperate by headstamp after a tumble now and inspect them all when I'm loading them up. For 45 acp and 357 mag reloads I keep the same headstamp and test them all in a case gauge for length before loading. For 38 special I only seperate the brass into "loaded" and "not loaded" 🤣
I do the same thing , just keep a batch of 100 or 1000 cases depending on cal. Once I see issues, splits, rims getting beat I will toss the entire lot and start with another lot of brass.

According to my log book I hadn't reloaded anything since March of 2016. I haven't shot much the last few years, so it hasn't been a problem. Plus I may have filled the cabinet with factory reloads ahead of the 2016 election. Anyway...

I went into my abomination of a reloading room last night to see what I had for .38/.357. I had baggies of dirty brass all over that needed sorting into buckets by caliber. Then I went into my ammo can of clean .38 brass and saw I had sized/deprimed most but not all, so I set up the press and got to work on that. Boy was I rusty. Quitting time, but I took a few minutes to order another batch of MTM boxes because I only have one left right now.

This morning I decided to make up a batch of .38 spl so I spent an hour looking for my damn small pistol primers. There's no way I was out, but man they were hiding. I'm pretty sure there's another case of them somewhere but I found a box right there in the first place I looked. With that sorted, I turned my attention to setting up the powder measure (RCBS, love it), then fumbled around trying to remember how to work the damn primer flip tray. I belled and primed 100 cases because that's all I have for empty MTM boxes, then loaded those bad boys up.

I found one split case that must have split during the belling process so I got 99 rounds (but a bitch ain't one). I use a single stage for .38spl and even though it's way slower than the Dillon SDB, I don't mind the process at all. It was fun to get back and play with all the tools and widgets.

Went to Cabela's, slim pickings but I scored a pound of H335 and H4895 for a decent price. No SPP but they have had a crap load of SPM. Im about to start using those for 9mmView attachment 368562
about the only the that slightly resembles OCD with me is i can not buy 1#lb of powder. Unless its the only pound left. I cant walk out of a store with out 8+ lbs or I feel shorted.

about the only the that slightly resembles OCD with me is i can not buy 1#lb of powder. Unless its the only pound left. I cant walk out of a store with out 8+ lbs or I feel shorted.
My budget typically dictates that I grab a pound or two here and there, if it wasn't for that I would just order 2-300 worth online. Some is better than none. However they had a bunch of Accurate #7 I was considering trying.

My budget typically dictates that I grab a pound or two here and there, if it wasn't for that I would just order 2-300 worth online. Some is better than none. However they had a bunch of Accurate #7 I was considering trying.
i buy my reloads from myself. I charge myself cost plus 15% i stuff the money in a small cash box anytime i grab some ammo.
Keeps the cash needed to restock on hand.

so how do you all store your reloads? I bought a few of those $3-4 plastic cases that hold 50-100 depending on caliber. Gotta be a more cost-conscious way of storing them? Or do you just throw them into a plastic ammo box from HF?

I save all the Missouri Bullet Company boxes that my bullets come in. They work great.

Back
Top Bottom