• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Thank you for performing this important testing. Now I don't have to do it too. :)

Posts like that make me realize how much of a 'basic bitch' i am with regard to powder.

Whateva! I do what I want.

Ain't nobody got time for load workup in every caliber for every gun?!?!? No way...No how!?!?!

1590546841322.png

Posts like that make me realize how much of a 'basic bitch' i am with regard to powder.

Ain't nobody got time for load workup in every caliber for every gun?!?!? No way...No how!?!?!

View attachment 360282
I feel you man. I work up loads for bolt guns. Maybe ARs. The rest of the range fodder just needs to ring the steel at somewhere between 50 and 300 and I’m tickled pink.

View attachment 360282
🤣 I’m basic for the most part but a friend was ordering powder and I told him to toss in a pound of N110 and N320 for me. I had no intentions of switching to N110 from 2400 or H110 but did it out of curiosity and boredom.
After getting really tight groups with 2400 in my DW, I’m sold on that powder with 158 gr bullets.

I told him to toss in a pound of N110 and N320

i literally don't even know what the hell those are. if i can't shoot it with W231, it aint for me.

...if it groups better with bullseye, clays or titegroup, it better come with rent money! homie don't play that pistol load game for under 50yds.

now RIFLE...i'm STILL a basic bitch. varget, IMR4895, H4895, IMR4064, Accurate2520, RL17, IMR4350...and I think that's literally IT...but I load about 90% rifle currently. just not into spending all my damn time working up loads. it's way more fun than snuggling and watching a chick flick, but i still much prefer loading 500rds and just shooting it!

i can appreciate you guys that are good enough where small amounts of accuracy matter, but it aint me! :D

i literally don't even know what the hell those are. if i can't shoot it with W231, it aint for me.

...if it groups better with bullseye, clays or titegroup, it better come with rent money! homie don't play that pistol load game for under 50yds.

now RIFLE...i'm STILL a basic bitch. varget, IMR4895, H4895, IMR4064, Accurate2520, RL17, IMR4350...and I think that's literally IT...but I load about 90% rifle currently. just not into spending all my damn time working up loads. it's way more fun than snuggling and watching a chick flick, but i still much prefer loading 500rds and just shooting it!

i can appreciate you guys that are good enough where small amounts of accuracy matter, but it aint me! :D
Your getting it. Lick it, stick it , shoot it.
Theres been a lot of these things worked out 100 years or so ago.
Oh by the way Clays powder is cheap its all I use on my pistol loads. 38/357,9mm,45acp
I use 231 on 32 S&W at aprox 1 grain! See im so cheap I try to shoot cals that require as little powder and cast bullets as I can.

i was hoping to have a cast load ready for the M1a for cmp this year. Pretty sure i could cobble something together worthy of 10 ring and full function. Then the " oh the smoke i couldnt see" from the L&R.

rifle powder im pretty settle Varget or H4895 what ever is in stock when we order. Last go around it was H4895

Your getting it. Lick it, stick it , shoot it.
Theres been a lot of these things worked out 100 years or so ago.
Oh by the way Clays powder is cheap its all I use on my pistol loads. 38/357,9mm,45acp
I use 231 on 32 S&W at aprox 1 grain! See im so cheap I try to shoot cals that require as little powder and cast bullets as I can.

i was hoping to have a cast load ready for the M1a for cmp this year. Pretty sure i could cobble something together worthy of 10 ring and full function. Then the " oh the smoke i couldnt see" from the L&R.

rifle powder im pretty settle Varget or H4895 what ever is in stock when we order. Last go around it was H4895
Hmmmm... I have a buttload of 110gr cast .308 bullets with Alox lube on them and a mess of prepped brass for 308 and 30/06... :D

Hmmmm... I have a buttload of 110gr cast .308 bullets with Alox lube on them and a mess of prepped brass for 308 and 30/06... :D
Alox has a bit if a heavy flavor.
I have not tried my “30 carbine” cast bullets yet in my 30 cal rifle
I did get sime 32 cal 133g “Kieth” sized to .313 and loaded them in the 7.7 Arisaka pushed to 1100fps or so. Pretty fun and as accurate as about anything else through the old war dog.

Last edited:
Well I just had to load the last of my 357 mag brass...can’t have that sitting around....
6E06343A-DD4A-42A5-8B6E-0CB6996098B4.jpeg
Friggin love that 2400 and Zero 158 gr JHP combo. Can’t beat the accuracy and value.
357 was the first caliber I started reloading and I think it’s probably my favorite caliber to shoot/reload.

Well I just had to load the last of my 357 mag brass...can’t have that sitting around....
Friggin love that 2400 and Zero 158 gr JHP combo. Can’t beat the accuracy and value.
357 was the first caliber I started reloading and I think it’s probably my favorite caliber to shoot/reload.

@andrew1220 how much 2400? I might like to try that one, I think I have some of those bullets kicking around.

Loaded up 50 rounds of 7.62x38r for my Nagant revolver tonight

Good deal! Not many shoot this caliber, let alone reload it.
If anyone needs this ammo/brass, there's a shop by Foxwood's that has the Prvi ammo for $12 a box (ten boxes or so). A good source for reloadable brass, if nothing else.
Cheers!

Last edited:
View attachment 360495
Argh! My eyes! o_O

Very cool. What are you using for bullets and powder?

I'm far from an expert with this caliber but I've been using Berry's 110gr 30 carbine bullets, PPU brass, and W231. Powder-puff load at 2.5gr...it's easy on the old girl and doesn't make the brass stick in the cylinder. I have no idea on the FPS but it's good enough to occasionally plink with at the range.

Last edited:
Good deal! Not many shoot this caliber, let alone reload it.
If anyone needs this ammo/brass, there's a shop by Foxwood's that has the Prvi ammo for $12 a box (ten boxes or so). A good source for reloadable brass, if nothing else.
Cheers!

It's an interesting caliber. I picked up a few boxes of PPU from TargetSports a while back and have been using the brass to reload. It's pretty economical reloading this caliber even though it's a bit of a pain in the a$$. I don't shoot it particularly often so a pack of 250 Berry's 30 carbine bullets can last a while.

View attachment 360726Been working in southern CT and got outa work early so did a little search and found nice lil shop down there with a pretty good selection of powders and primers. Getting close to having everything for some rifle rounds.
Nice! What caliber you using those for?

Loaded up my first 30 rounds of 9mm, using RMR 124 grain FMJ RN bullets, once fired brass and Federal 100 small pistol primers.

Loaded 15 using Hodgdon HS-6 powder, 5 each at 6.4, 6.5 and 6.8 grains with a COL of 1.10

Loaded 15 using Alliant BE-86 powder, 5 each at 5.2, 5.4 and 5.6 grains with a COL of 1.12

Back
Top Bottom