• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Roger that.
I was getting the Saeco 190g at a shop in Goshen, CT. Never did acquire any 8mm molds.
Norm in NM has a coated 180g GCFN, but that profile may not be the most desirable for some rifles.
I'd think a Mauser with cast bullet loads would make for a good all day shooter.
Enjoy!
I was loading flea fart loads for 50 yard water jug hunting. Maybe 750fps?

i usually only need to tumble for 1 hour to get brass shiny new with SS pins.. why did you do 3 hours?

I did one hour and dumped the water out, which was pretty filthy. This was my first time at it and the pins were new, so I think that contributed to the filth. Filled it back up and turned it back on for a couple more hours, just because I guess. Again, being new at it I'm in a bit of a learning curve. I can say they were a hell of a lot cleaner than they were at the one hour mark though.

I did one hour and dumped the water out, which was pretty filthy. This was my first time at it and the pins were new, so I think that contributed to the filth. Filled it back up and turned it back on for a couple more hours, just because I guess. Again, being new at it I'm in a bit of a learning curve. I can say they were a hell of a lot cleaner than they were at the one hour mark though.
Best to wash the pins before first use. My first load of brass came out looking really strange. Later found out the pins are made/stored/shipped with some kind of preservative (oil?) The first load of brass had a matte/grey look to them. 2'nd somewhat funky and after that all okay-shiny AF...

Last edited:
Best to wash the pins before use. My first load of brass came out looking really strange. Later found out the pins are made/stored/shipped with some kind of preservative (oil?) The first load of brass had a matte/grey look to them. 2'nd somewhat funky and after that all okay-shiny AF...

Yeah, I figured they might have an oil or something on them, which is why I dumped the water after the first hour and put in clean water with more Dawn and Lemishine.

Set up a Trim-it II that I got as a gift for .223. Man is this thing nice. I was going to send out my brass to be prepped like some do here, but this is a game changer for me (at least for now). I can trim brass as fast as I can feed it. It also chamfers and deburrs while cutting to length. I haven't written any numbers down yet, but it appears to be sizing to within .002" or less for the random cases I've measured.

Set up a Trim-it II that I got as a gift for .223. Man is this thing nice. I was going to send out my brass to be prepped like some do here, but this is a game changer for me (at least for now). I can trim brass as fast as I can feed it. It also chamfers and deburrs while cutting to length. I haven't written any numbers down yet, but it appears to be sizing to within .002" or less for the random cases I've measured.

You'll see the differences when/if you load cannelured bullets. Nothing to be concerned about.

Another 1k large rifle, and 1k small rifle primers for when forster 6.5 creedmoor dies comes back in stock
Ordered 300, 200gr hpbt, and 150, 198gr fmjbt 8mm mauser bullets, should i order more..hmm

For many things I use the old saying “if in doubt don’t”, but when it comes to ammo or components it changes to “if in doubt do”.

You'll see the differences when/if you load cannelured bullets. Nothing to be concerned about.

hmm, you've got my curiosity up. I do load 55 gr FMJ w/cannelure for .223. Currently loading pistol calibers, but will definitely watch for any differences when back on .223.

hmm, you've got my curiosity up. I do load 55 gr FMJ w/cannelure for .223. Currently loading pistol calibers, but will definitely watch for any differences when back on .223.

Provided that the cannelure is placed at the same spot on every bullet, when you load them to a certain OAL, the case mouth will be at a different spot in the cannelure because of differing brass trim lengths. Like I said, it's not a big deal @ a couple of thousandths but that is where you can view it plainly.

Loaded what little N110 powder I had left, with some 158 gr JHPs...First time trying it with 357 mag.

You go through powder a lot faster than I do. Didn't you just get that?

I'm curious how you think it runs in 357 with that bullet. 2400 with that bullet (well, soft point) is basically my favorite handgun round.

You go through powder a lot faster than I do. Didn't you just get that?

I'm curious how you think it runs in 357 with that bullet. 2400 with that bullet (well, soft point) is basically my favorite handgun round.
[laugh] I did just get it. But I loaded ~300 rounds of 44 mag. Only had enough powder left to load 40 rounds of 357 mag.
I can say I will not be switching to N110 as 2400 is cheap and has performed extremely well for me so far. N110 May burn a tad cleaner but that’s useless to me.

Back
Top Bottom