What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I’m running out of stuff to reload with all this down time 😂
I caught up on most of my brass cleaning yesterday 30-06, 7.5x55, 30 Carbine, and 7.62x25. I forgot how much x25 brass I have which will probably never get used since the tokarev doesn’t get shot much anymore. Actually found a couple cases with split necks. I wonder if those power pistol loads are a wee bit too hot...

I loaded a couple hundred rounds of 44 mag with those silhouette bullets over H110. I do have more clean 44 brass I could reload...I suppose.

I could process rifle brass but what fun is that!? And I’m still shooting factory 30-06 and GP11 ammo that I’ve had since 2014 or so. Got plenty.

Or I could keep loading 9mm but I’m getting tired of that....
I have several coffee cans of bullets/powder/primers/cases for 9mm if you want get cranking on those for me...

I finally finish de-crimping and cleaning out primer holes on the big batch of 223. Next up is re-sizing then running them through The Beast to trim them.

VkQOMN.jpg

Edit: before someone asks, The Beast is the ABSOLUTE deadliest thing to trim brass...
1RTQli.jpg

Last edited:
I finally finish de-crimping and cleaning out primer holes on the big batch of 223. Next up is re-sizing then running them through The Beast to trim them.

VkQOMN.jpg

Edit: before someone asks, The Beast is the ABSOLUTE deadliest thing to trim brass...
1RTQli.jpg
Very nice setup. I just chuck my cordless drill into my vise and then chuck the tri way trimmer into the drill and start trimming. Works well enough for me for the small amount of rifle brass prep I do.

I caught up on most of my brass cleaning yesterday 30-06, 7.5x55, 30 Carbine, and 7.62x25. I forgot how much x25 brass I have which will probably never get used since the tokarev doesn’t get shot much anymore. Actually found a couple cases with split necks. I wonder if those power pistol loads are a wee bit too hot...

I loaded a couple hundred rounds of 44 mag with those silhouette bullets over H110. I do have more clean 44 brass I could reload...I suppose.

I could process rifle brass but what fun is that!? And I’m still shooting factory 30-06 and GP11 ammo that I’ve had since 2014 or so. Got plenty.

Problem I am having is I cant find shit! Not sure if I even have what Im looking for !
Been looking everywhere for a mold for 38spl? I might have sold it?
I was going to load up some whimpy 38s to go plinking in the pits. O wrll

I have done nothing for the past week because we were on vacation. But after reading the threads on ammo shortages, hoard purchasing and rising costs of ammo like 9mm.......... boy am I glad I reload. I am staring at 5000 bullets that require some work. Not sure I have enough primers around though.

Pete

Are you on drugs!?!? That's enough Rippem's (RPM's) to sever your member if you trim in the nude like i do.
Lol I have pretty much the same set up. Mine's not mounted to the bench though. I clamp it to a stool horizontally. It definitely gives me the willies but it gets the job done. Wish I had some sort of pedal type of switch to turn it off in a hurry if I had to. Think Ill google that rn.

I’ve got a boat load of .38 spl, .357 mag,, .45 acp, .45 Colt, .5.56, .303B, and 30-06 if you want some variety. Oh, and I have some Arisaka that could be loaded too. I’m here for you man. I don’t want you to be bored. I’ve got the 9mm covered.

I have done nothing for the past week because we were on vacation. But after reading the threads on ammo shortages, hoard purchasing and rising costs of ammo like 9mm.......... boy am I glad I reload. I am staring at 5000 bullets that require some work. Not sure I have enough primers around though.

Pete
Not enough primers!? Uh oh

Ohhh I like that bullet. Is that a Lee or the Lyman?
Do you need to borrow a mould? I have a spare 4 cavity double ended wadcutter mould collecting dust. Makes for some fine plinking in the 38
Lyman, they shoot well also. Im about to load up some up with Trailboss, 5744 and 2400 Think I will start with the brit

when things resemble normal I would not mind borrowing
A 38spl variant and 00 buck mold ?

With four people working from home, I opted for doing business out of the basement reloading room
In order to not smash my face into my reloading bench during a overly long, painful, stuttering tele-con; I grabbed a few 380 cases and some of the Lee 356-102-1R bullets to quietly test out seating depths.

Can't find a direct load but I'm used to that with Lee molds - I usually look for a similar weight lead load and calculate seating depth.
Problem with this one is that I can't find good info for 380 bullet lengths along with load data. Did find some deep seated bullets like a solid copper and a hornady XTP but nothing definitive

My manual says 0.980 for COAL but that doesn't come close to dropping in the gauge or barrel - 0.965 is the max length that drops into the barrel and 0.950 into the gauge. Both are from the fat nose hitting the throat.

Lyman 48th has two cast bullets (90g and 120g) both at 0.980 COAL
Found the following on the two bullets
.357, 92, LYM LRN 356242 = 0.460
.357, 121, LYM LRN 356242 = 0.625 (0.589 from a second source and more realistic)

Bullet Length​
COAL​
Seating depth​
Lee 102​
0.466​
0.98​
0.166​
Lyman 120g​
0.589​
0.98​
0.289​
Lyman 90g​
0.46​
0.98​
0.16​
115 gr XTP​
0.538​
0.956​
0.262​
90 gr Sierra​
0.423​
0.925​
0.178​
95 gr Sierra​
0.415​
0.9​
0.195​
90 gr XTP (Hornady data)​
0.450​
0.955​
0.175​
Barrel Fit of dummy round​
Lee 102 Touching Lands​
0.466​
0.966​
0.18​
Lee 102 Gauges​
0.466​
0.948​
0.198​
Lee 102 Plunks Barrel​
0.466​
0.958​
0.188​

Any suggestions that result in something less spectacular than a kaboom and fewer than 10 fingers?

Lyman, they shoot well also. Im about to load up some up with Trailboss, 5744 and 2400 Think I will start with the brit

when things resemble normal I would not mind borrowing
A 38spl variant and 00 buck mold ?

That works for me. Let me know when. We can do a drive by toss through the car window in a dark parking lot to make it extra shady looking.
You should borrow the 000 buck while you're at it. Two of those in a 38 case or one sized down to .310 in a 30 cal is fun!

That works for me. Let me know when. We can do a drive by toss through the car window in a dark parking lot to make it extra shady looking.
You should borrow the 000 buck while you're at it. Two of those in a 38 case or one sized down to .310 in a 30 cal is fun!
if I get borded of stuffing shothells I might try it.

you a good 45 minutes south of me , I never get out that way. will see what happens

Just got a new set of .45acp dies at the post office, going to set up and start cranking some out the remainder of this week. The weather is going to be crappy so it's time well spent doing something constructive indoors.
I find reloading .45 the most enjoyable because the bullets are easier to handle.....unlike 55gr .223.

45 is nice to load and such a variety.
Its one of the reasons I started. Before I was buying wad cutters and lead RN for pins and indoors where jacketed was not allowed.
For the price of inexpensive molds( free or cheap if you look) its one of the least expensive pistol to load for .
I get all my 45 brass free
It does not take much powder

I been loading up my 45 stuff. Loading all the clean brass with assorted bullets. I have a lot of these hornady 185gn HP ad its the only “Free” bullet with purchase option I felt worth to get.
Between the press and die sets I have 1500 of these.
Casted some 185 wad cutters and loaded up what I had casted for 230 LRN

image.jpg

45 is nice to load and such a variety.
Its one of the reasons I started. Before I was buying wad cutters and lead RN for pins and indoors where jacketed was not allowed.
For the price of inexpensive molds( free or cheap if you look) its one of the least expensive pistol to load for .
I get all my 45 brass free
It does not take much powder

I been loading up my 45 stuff. Loading all the clean brass with assorted bullets. I have a lot of these hornady 185gn HP ad its the only “Free” bullet with purchase option I felt worth to get.
Between the press and die sets I have 1500 of these.
Casted some 185 wad cutters and loaded up what I had casted for 230 LRN

View attachment 341477

Sweet!

I'm loading 230 fmj Montana Gold Bullets that I've had for years. Now I need a few more ammo cans.....it never ends.

Don't discount the Berry's product either. They aren't too pricey and the HBRN and Hybrid HPs are pretty decent.
One of the 185g HHPs out of my P97 Ruger was recovered after firing at a water-filled gallon milk jug is pictured below.

Attachments

• IMG_1039e.jpg
    IMG_1039e.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1044e.jpg
    IMG_1044e.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 10
Loaded 736 rounds of light 44 magnum, specifically 240 grain Missouri Bullet coated TCFPs over 9.2 grains Ultimate Pistol, yielding about 975 fps out of a 4" barrel. These are exclusively for shooting in my Model 69. That uses up my coated lead 44 magnum bullets and the rest of my Ultimate Pistol powder. Ultimate Pistol meters very well, and it seems fine for light loads, but I stock Auto Pistol in larger quantities for my 45 Colt reloading, and it's versatile enough to do anything that Ultimate Pistol does (for me). One less powder to stock.

Loaded 736 rounds of light 44 magnum, specifically 240 grain Missouri Bullet coated TCFPs over 9.2 grains Ultimate Pistol, yielding about 975 fps out of a 4" barrel. These are exclusively for shooting in my Model 69. That uses up my coated lead 44 magnum bullets and the rest of my Ultimate Pistol powder. Ultimate Pistol meters very well, and it seems fine for light loads, but I stock Auto Pistol in larger quantities for my 45 Colt reloading, and it's versatile enough to do anything that Ultimate Pistol does (for me). One less powder to stock.
Awesome

Back
Top Bottom