• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

You can get pink powder coat - I haven't done power coating yet but I doubt it's all that hard

I’m actually not really low on anything.
What I would like to get (for the wife) is some pink coated 9mm bullets. Do they offer hi tek or other coatings in that color? I realize you’d have to buy the coating etc so prob not worth it unless you’re coating thousands of them?

They would go nice with her new pink Sig P365...maybe all of this will get her to the range with me.
No pink but red which I could snag from a buddy.
also a nice bright metallic green.

Loaded up a few of the 158 gr SWC blue bullets over Sport Pistol. They cycled flawlessly in the marlin which was good. Hopefully shoot them this weekend.
View attachment 334804

Stop posting pics of unicorns...we all know there is no such thing as "Sport Pistol"...internet rumor run amok ;-)

I try to go home with more than I arrived with.[smile]
Going to the club weekly work parties has its advantages. One weekly task is emptying the spent brass containers on the indoor and outdoor ranges to sift out the aluminum and steel to get it ready for the monthly turn in at the scrap yard. The guy that runs the weekly work party has no problem with the helpers taking a little for our reloading benches.....he considers it a little bonus for helping out.

I found a whole bunch of 50ae brass a couple weeks ago. I mean.....who the hell would toss that in the bucket? 🤣

The go-to reloading vendor just posted on their Facebook page that they will be having free hazmat next week.
AHA !!! I knew there had to be one!!! I never thought to search Facebook. Now I'll probably find them

Yeah, probably 3 seasons of CMP matches. [rockon] Not to mention the PITA 7.5 Swiss load development. I'll still try another load or two- I think I have some 175 ELD's or TMK's, but those damn things are pricey.
PITA Load development???
That's the really FUN PART !!! I load 7.5 X 55 Swiss. Send me the rifle and components. I'd enjoy doing the load development for you

I buy new rifles in part because I like to develop loads for them

I can't be the only one here who has bought a new gun after picking up a bunch of brass in a chambering I couldn't use in anything I already owned.
I now have 2 Marlins in .35 Rem after having 40+ empty brass cases ( no idea where they came from) and tried to sell them at a yard sale, with no takers.

If you want a 5% off coupon code for the Blue Bullets, send me a PM.

I don't think anyone has ever paid normal price for blue bullets.
5% BB code:
PREF1

Listed on USPSA preferred vendors page, don't need to be a member to use the code, or even to access the page with all the discount codes. USPSA Preferred Vendors - USPSA.ORG

I don't think anyone has ever paid normal price for blue bullets.
5% BB code:
PREF1

Listed on USPSA preferred vendors page, don't need to be a member to use the code, or even to access the page with all the discount codes. USPSA Preferred Vendors - USPSA.ORG
Thanks for the link and the code! I'll definitely check that out. After all these years I somehow never knew about that USPSA preferred vendors page [laugh]

I wasn't sure if they cared about advertising coupon codes so I was hesitant to post them publicly. They post various coupon codes on one of the closed BB facebook groups so I wasn't sure.

Good to know.

Other coupon codes off the top of my head are:
Dolan
Stoeger
Moneypenny
Weilbrenner
Bennett

Last edited:
AHA !!! I knew there had to be one!!! I never thought to search Facebook. Now I'll probably find them

PITA Load development???
That's the really FUN PART !!! I load 7.5 X 55 Swiss. Send me the rifle and components. I'd enjoy doing the load development for you

I buy new rifles in part because I like to develop loads for them

LOL, I generally don't mind load development but I've made a good effort at improving upon the GP-11 with equal results at best. This particular rifle has a troop tag to a particular soldier (I think officer) and later Schutzenfest stickers for the same individual who was discharged with that very rifle and shot it in competition as a vet. It will clean a target even with me shooting it. If I recall correctly, I've shot a couple 100 yard 1.1 MOA groups with it, which is about my limit with iron sights. Very nice offer but that K31 won't be leaving my hands anytime soon. [smile]

The only way to approximate the GP-11 projectile is to use Berger Hybrids or similar. At $.55 per round, it's better to get a decent deal on GP-11. I may play with this caliber further and possibly in the future even get some benchrest arbor press dies to do development at the range.

I have access to an average of 15-20 pounds of free lead every other week and have been giving it to my friend in exchange for some projectiles after. he told me he now has 600+ pounds so i started to cast also. this is fun. this will be a problem
Oh yeah, wait till you start realizing you can buy a new 2 cavity mould for under $20 and try out all those cool new designs. It gets bad quick

First impressions with the Lee APP
This is not a heirloom press, period.
However, for $78 anyone expecting more is the archetypical skinflint.
I only used it for about an hour. Didn't read the directions, putzee around for about ten minutes figuring out a rythm and proceeded to size 550+ 230gn RN 45's and several hundred 102gn RN 380's.
The handful of stoppages I had were self induced.

Adjusting the fingers to grab a bullet straight isn't hard but the screw is plastic so it is probably a good idea to get one of those assemblies for each caliber. Once adjusted, the feeding is near 100%.

TLDR: if you need a fast, cheap way to size coated bullets then this little press won't disappoint.

I stocked up on primers and bought some powder last weekend. I'm anticipating my company is going to suspend all US travel soon as we had a meeting yesterday and a follow up tomorrow. Planning on cranking out at least 10k more rounds if that happens.

I also felt that if we go full country endemic then we'll see another sandy hook style run on stuff and I didn't want to pay an premium a few months from now.

LOL, I generally don't mind load development but I've made a good effort at improving upon the GP-11 with equal results at best. This particular rifle has a troop tag to a particular soldier (I think officer) and later Schutzenfest stickers for the same individual who was discharged with that very rifle and shot it in competition as a vet. It will clean a target even with me shooting it. If I recall correctly, I've shot a couple 100 yard 1.1 MOA groups with it, which is about my limit with iron sights. Very nice offer but that K31 won't be leaving my hands anytime soon. [smile]

The only way to approximate the GP-11 projectile is to use Berger Hybrids or similar. At $.55 per round, it's better to get a decent deal on GP-11. I may play with this caliber further and possibly in the future even get some benchrest arbor press dies to do development at the range.

That is true. The GP-11 is great from my rifle also

Loaded up 100 45acp real quick on the single stage. Already had the dies and powder drop set at 4.6 grains bullseye from the last session so just pushed through 100.

Now that I've got a good supply of different calibers on the shelves that run well in the guns (done with load development for awhile) I'm figuring I'll just run 45acp till I'm almost out of projos (still have about 1000 left). This way I don't have to f*** with the dies. then I'll switch to running 357 till I'm out while I wait for a delivery of more 45 acp projos.

Back
Top Bottom