• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Got my second CZ SP-01 shadow back from Cajun Gun works today. Sadly the throat on this barrel is much shorter than my other Shadow 1 and Shadow 2. Those would work fine with 147 gr round nose blue bullets at 1.130"ish
This new shadow 1 needs rounds at like 1.105" max. Annoying since I have thousands loaded at the longer OAL. Guess I’ll have to adjust going forward. They chamber okay but it cuts into the coating from hitting the throat/rifling - whatever the correct term is.
That edge where it transitions from the chamber to the rifling is much more pronounced than my other CZ barrels.

Oh well, first world problems I guess…

View attachment 629560View attachment 629561

You wouldn't have those problems if you had a Glock. Glock Perfection. [rofl] [pot]

Thanks for the load data. I'll take a look.
Shotshells are different from brass reloading in that the internal volume of the various shells varies quite a lot, and the different wads have a large effect on pressures. So you really need to pay attention to the components used, and then pull up the right info from the reloading manuals. My loads posted above were straight out of the cookbooks based on the components I had at hand.

For example, Alliant gives this for their 12 gauge loads right on the site. Lots of info out there. Alliant Powder - Reloader's Guide

Bought some blemished 62gr ss109s from Larry. Should be here Wednesday. Can't seem to find any load data for H335, so I'll have to put a little effort in.

Put together about 500 rounds of 9mm this morning while everyone was still in bed.

The first time i reloaded 223 , i used 23.5 of h335 , which cycled fine and used that to load up 1k with berrys 55gr.. i got a new BA 16" midlength recently, and they cycled fine. Not fast , but they cycled and locked on an empty mag.

I loaded some .315 coated gc bullets in the 7.62 x 54R with 20 grains of 5744. The .312s shot lousy so I'll try them in the .303 British and the 7.7 Jap. If they still shoot lousy, I'll size them down slightly and try them in the .30/30, .30/40, 7.5 x 55 or .30/06. They'll work in something. They're 167 grain so should work in any of those calbers.

Got my blemish SS109 from Larry. The only blemish I see is that they weigh 62.8 for the majority. Probably explains why Larry shorted me 43 projectiles.
received it too.
it varies, well, wildly. from 61.7gr to 62.9gr, from merely bunch of 20 i grabbed into my hand.
probably was not too great of a buy, compared to a 21.8cpr sierras 69gr from lanbos... but heck with it, it will do, if all the rest runs out, plus, i only got 1k - $124 is not too bad. gotta load those suckers hot, so they will not have too much chance to deviate.

received it too.
it varies, well, wildly. from 61.7gr to 62.9gr, from merely bunch of 20 i grabbed into my hand.
probably was not too great of a buy, compared to a 21.8cpr sierras 69gr from lanbos... but heck with it, it will do, if all the rest runs out, plus, i only got 1k - $124 is not too bad. gotta load those suckers hot, so they will not have too much chance to deviate.
Yours was $124 per 1k? Mine was $89 before tax. Fairly consistent 62.8gr as well. Pretty good for blemish green tip.

Loaded some Marlin loads with 4198 for the BFR. Not as accurate as trapdoor loads.

Also loaded with flat points 405g and BUFFALO SOCOM 410g which are a little more pointy.

Surprised the flat points grouped better.

@andrew1220

Already gave you a smart-ass answer "Glock Perfection", but here's the truth -

I had probably 4K rounds loaded for my Gen 4 9mm Glocks; cycled the gun, made power factor, pleasant to shoot. I bought a G48 and then a G43X, and the slide wouldn't go into battery without a nudge on either of them. Pulled a round and looked at it under bright light. Yup, it's hitting the rifling when I put the slide into battery. Fck.

I marked the boxes of the loaded ammo with "G4", and adjusted my press, setting OAL a smidge shorter. Loaded up a batch and tested them in all my 9mm Glocks and they ran fine. Loaded a bunch, marked those boxes G5 9mm, and used them exclusively for my G48 and G43X until I had finished shooting all the previously loaded "G4" rounds.

"Glock Perfection"

You resized and then trimmed right?

This was a 5gal bucket of "range brass" I got over a year ago where when I processed it I trimmed all of it to 1.748 so that I can get a couple of reloadings without trimming again. I use the RCBS small bae die as I have a couple of rifles with tight chambers and this die makes it fit better in all my rifles now.

Do you think this can be fixed with an expander die?

Or what other die do you recommend?

Not my cases, I was given these.

View attachment 631270
I'd run them through, but I'm a unrepentant skinflint brass rat.
It's so bad I save small primer 45 until at least three find their way into my LP brass and then things get wings for a few minutes. Even then it hurts to toss good brass even if it is satan's spawn.

I'd run them through, but I'm a unrepentant skinflint brass rat.
It's so bad I save small primer 45 until at least three find their way into my LP brass and then things get wings for a few minutes. Even then it hurts to toss good brass even if it is satan's spawn.
There’s crazy people out there that will trade their 45 brass for your 45 sp brass.

There’s crazy people out there that will trade their 45 brass for your 45 sp brass.
Problem is that I don't get a lot of it and I stupidly will look at a partial bucket and just toss it all in the mixed head stamp bucket.
It takes a year or two before I set myself up for the

Back
Top Bottom